DOA5LR DOA5LR MAC OS

Baal bal

Hi everyone !
I use my Macbook everyday for college, and I rarely play with it (I have a gaming PC for that).
But recently, I was feeling like uploading games on it, and DOA5LR would be a great addition.
There is close to zero 3D fighters on the Mac, so it might not be such a stupid idea marketing wise, and if a lot of us were to ask for it, maybe TN would consider the portage.
(With nowadays tools, this kind of portage is way more easily done that is was in the past...)

What I would like to ask the community is "Am I the only freak that would want DOA5LR on Mac ?"

31gma

lol Macs.

But in all seriousness, it's capable of handling DOA well with the graphical demand that's it's been requested from its consumers. As for the cost to play high-end games with their base computers, lol Macs.

Baal bal

lol Macs.

But in all seriousness, it's capable of handling DOA well with the graphical demand that's it's been requested from its consumers. As for the cost to play high-end games with their base computers, lol Macs.
I'm sorry to say but I don't entend to start a fight about Macs gaming, if you could please refrain form posting this kind of sarcasms it would be for the best.

Moreover, I didn't asked for any performance advice. Of course I can run High rez game, but this is not the topic (DOA would not be really demanding if you ask me).

Last edited:

Baal bal

What I am asking for isn't opinions about Apple and MS, about the cost of Mac gaming, or any comparaison matter.
The simple fact that I have to clear this point is an annoyance. We're not childs, If I wanted any advice on that matter, this is not the place I would choose.
So please, stay on topics.
"Who else would want DOA on his Mac ?"
Without going the trouble of buying a Windows licence and using Bootcamp (don't feel like parting my computer...)

HHH816

you can install windows 8 in mac right? so it's possible but the graphic card or driver will be a problem

31gma

you can install windows 8 in mac right? so it's possible but the graphic card or driver will be a problem

He wants it to be playable directly through the Mac OS. While it's an interesting gimmick to have, it won't help Team Ninja from a business standpoint to build compatibility for a niche market. They seem to be going through a rocky transition making the PC build alone, doesn't bode well with Macs. Let's also consider the compatibility of fightsticks and controllers. Too much factors to consider and little returns based on the demand or lack thereof for graphically high-end gaming.

Baal bal

He wants it to be playable directly through the Mac OS. While it's an interesting gimmick to have, it won't help Team Ninja from a business standpoint to build compatibility for a niche market. They seem to be going through a rocky transition making the PC build alone, doesn't bode well with Macs. Let's also consider the compatibility of fightsticks and controllers. Too much factors to consider and little returns based on the demand or lack thereof for graphically high-end gaming.
Oh yeah damn right about the stick ! Didn't thought about that.
Well, you can find adaptation software, put it's fan-made and pretty crapy most of the time.
On a market standpoint, DOA5LR being the only 3D fighter of his weight on Mac could be great.
But you're right, seeing how they struggle with PC portage...`

Macs and PC have the same architecture, so no problem with booting your mac with windows, whatever the version. It's just that you cut your hardware in 2 part, and having a home made PC for gaming, I don't really want to do that.

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Yes, I would like to see a version compatible with Mac. Do I see it happening? Probably not. They already seem to have issues with porting it to PC given the delays. Unless the PC version is hugely successful, there just isn't a large enough demand/audience to justify a Mac port from a business sense. I've already pre-ordered my copy on Steam. I'm crossing my fingers it will work in Windows 8 under Parallels.

Last edited:

Blash

I am a mac user as well (have a few games on it, but mostly use it for digital artwork and 3D design), but since Mavericks, and their dropping support on any device 2 years old, I have completely lost faith in them. I sold Macs in one of my previous jobs, and I am responsible for many people in my family switching to Apple from PC. But due to their horrible service, after years of speaking them up and spending money on their products, I will never spend another penny on anything with a little Apple on it.

The reason Im saying this, in response to @Baal bal 's OP, is because there are a LOT of PC users who slam Macs having never used them, but as a Mac AND PC user, having seen the decline in Macs hardware and software in the last 4 years, and I would have to say DOA would preform very VERY poorly on 90% of Mac's machines. Unless you spend upwards of 2.5grand plus on an Apple machine, but if its for games, you could buy a top end PC that would run games 8 to 16 times better (maybe even more) for that money.

Macs have always had software mostly found on PC, primarily (but not solely) from American companies, who support American products first and foremost. Thats just the way it seems to go from an educated perspective. TN are not American, in many ways, from their obvious location, as well as their story telling and cultural approach. For this reason also, I do not see TN porting DOA5LR on to Mac, as Im sure they just won't see it as relevant.

Thats my 2 cents on the matter.

Baal bal

I give you that Apple's recent policy is more than irritating ! From a small company who cared about their happy-few fans they became a monster who doesn't give a shit about us and make us re-buy every years products with little innovation (~Iphone~).
However, in the left corner, we have MS who never a gave shit... And try to "innovate" (copying ?) before patching their goddam OS (~Windose~vista~7~8~). (Well, since Ballmer is gone, we might hope for a change...or not)
Like I already said, I use both, for different reasons, and each company give the other a run for the title of "the most despicable" one haha.
Even if mac gaming is a pure joke (my home-made PC cost me less than my Macbook, for 2 or 3 times more power), I would really love to be able to play DOA on my little mac while at college.

As for the argument of Americans developer, it's way too old man ! Look at how many games Japan provide IOS with ? It's true that historical apple had a preference for American's soft, but now, in term of game, Japan hold his ground. (I'll be looking for decent figure to show you when I'll have the time). This is no problem of development, but one of demand.
If they are people requesting for it, and if the Windaube version work well, I'm pretty sure it will happen.
THE main problem is that "people asking for it", are not legion...

Blash

I can't see it happening ever! There are well known titles from HUGE companies that won't release their titles on Mac, so I just don't see it coming to pass. MS vs Apple is an old argument, but right now I can't defend anything apple produce in any way, shape or form. Its trash! MS are (IMO) producing better software at the moment, and with Win10 on the horizon, we will know for sure in the coming months.

Baal bal

I can't see it happening ever! There are well known titles from HUGE companies that won't release their titles on Mac, so I just don't see it coming to pass. MS vs Apple is an old argument, but right now I can't defend anything apple produce in any way, shape or form. Its trash! MS are (IMO) producing better software at the moment, and with Win10 on the horizon, we will know for sure in the coming months.
Yeah it's not an argument I wanna have either. Even if I strongly disagree with you haha;)
I do hope MS start doing something that work, with their own hands for a change, but I highly doubt it. With Win10 they gave me the impression Ballmer's departure didn't changed anything... If only they could just focus on a stable OS for once. Maybe we'll have to wait for Valve's so that gamers can finally have a true gaming OS...
As for HUGE companies ignoring the market on OS X or IOS... It's a mistake. A small title like DOA can afford to skip the Mac development, because the perspective of benefit is pretty low. Unlike for a high selling product...
Blizzard, Riot, EA, ubisoft... all of those who were ignoring this market changed their mind, and the reason is pretty simple.

To be honest, I think TN is too small for the portage to be worth-it right now. We even have yet to see the PC version... But it's never to early for this kind of request.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD