DOA5LR: Tweets, Speculations, Rumors, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
My words were based on what I saw in the victory pose of ALpha-152 during the 10 minutes gamplay of Last Round with Tom Lee, but now I'm just thinking that this was hjust an effect of the shirt going toward the up (caused from the physic of the game), so now I think that you're right.

You can see what I was talking about in the end of the video (9:32):

Yeah, it's just clipping issues. ;) Seems as if they ported the costume very quickly to Alpha, without fixing anything. I guess, for the final game build the skirt will work the right way. ;)

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
regarding his memory im hoping might actually mean he forgot all the "learned" moves he had and just be stuck what he had originally before he started watching professional wrestling.

Kronin

According to the early report, the magazine is also revealing this week the game's first-print bonus in Japan: a set of 4 swimsuit costumes for four female characters in the game along with a gravure movie featuring those characters, and a Ninja 2015 DLC costume pack.

Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...st-rounds-new-male-character-boss-doa1-twist/

Just speculation but so I believe that the 4 Last round outfits for the ninja and the classic Japanese swimsuit for Marie Rose should be part of the 8(?) outfits released on this magazine of Famitsu for the owners of DoA5U.

If this is the case (and so these additions are for who own DoA5U) who is the fourth girl that will get a second gravure movie, Kasumi?

Last edited:

Shiranui

According to the early report, the magazine is also revealing this week the game's first-print bonus in Japan: a set of 4 swimsuit costumes for four female characters in the game along with a gravure movie featuring those characters, and a Ninja 2015 DLC costume pack.

Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...st-rounds-new-male-character-boss-doa1-twist/

Just speculation but so I believe that the 4 Last round outfits for the ninja and the classic Japanese swimsuit for Marie Rose should be part of the 8(?) outfits released on this magazine of Famitsu for the owners of DoA5U.

If this is the case (and so these additions are for who own DoA5U) who is the fourth girl that will get a second gravure movie, Kasumi?
I think when they say "4 female" they mean Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Phase and the new fighter coming in Last Round.

Kronin

I think when they say "4 female" they mean Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Phase and the new fighter coming in Last Round.

You' re right, sorry I think that I misunderstood everything XD I believed that the current Famitsu magazine was releasing special codes when actually they were just talking of the bonus included in the game for who will buy it in Japan the day one.

Last edited:

Number 13

Cyborg Raidou design looks worse then his original design. Of course the only thing he remembers is his copy movelist as well. Can't change that since more work would be involved. Probably one of the reasons why he was picked in the first place. Wonder if Torn Sky Blast will stay.

More costumes also revealed notably that one popular Kasumi outfit

MR obvious one piece swimsuit + gravure also revealed which quite frankly am surprised it took this long considering she is like the 2nd most popular DoA character after Kasumi.

Want to know who the female is now since she will be a legitimate new character apparently.

Hayabusiness

I hope gameplay videos show up soon, I'm very curious.
I wonder how he'll act too, now that his memory is lost. I'm guessing they did this to avoid having him an important role in the story (not that many care about it)... if he remembered what happened he'd be out there trying to kill Kasumi... :eek: and then DOA would have even more sub-stories than Tekken.

On a side note: the new girl can't be Miss Monday because she' supposed to be new, and Miss Monday doesn't say "bigger" when compared to DOA's girls. I don't have anything against those who want her in, but I believe Team Ninja explicitly said the new girl is 100% original content.

Kronin

I hope gameplay videos show up soon, I'm very curious.
I wonder how he'll act too, now that his memory is lost. I'm guessing they did this to avoid having him an important role in the story (not that many care about it)... if he remembered what happened he'd be out there trying to kill Kasumi... :eek: and then DOA would have even more sub-stories than Tekken.

How I speculated, this element could introduce a nice plot twist later if Raidou should get back his memory, at that point deciding for what side to fight. So it's true that currently simplifies his role, however this could be a precise choice for making happen something later.

After all seems to me pretty foreshadowed how phase 4 will change side in the end, so I don't see because similar "problems" of loyalty couldn't happen even with Raidou.

On a side note: the new girl can't be Miss Monday because she' supposed to be new, and Miss Monday doesn't say "bigger" when compared to DOA's girls. I don't have anything against those who want her in, but I believe Team Ninja explicitly said the new girl is 100% original content.

Yes, Team NINJA hinted how this girl is a character created from scratch, in addition they also explicitely mentioned how they don't think that Miss Monday is able to fight (of course this doesn't mean that she will not be ever a playable character in the future, but should make hint that at least for the moment they don't plan to use her in the roster).

Can't agree more. I was thrilled for a cyborg, but this design somehow looks really weird to me. Also, why is he completely grey? That looks very dull and unappealing. ;__;

An overall grey/black with red elements are always been the iconic colors for Raidou, no surprise by me that they kept them even on his robotic implants; by the way his C2 already reveals a colorful light-blue outfit.

Last edited:

Baal bal

Ryu's new outfit look so damn cool ! And even if i don't like Kasumi's one (well i think i'm the only person on earth that don't like this outfit) i'm glad for the one who designed it.
I'm waiting for the trailer now... And the new char
Bet it won't be Miss Monday, even if i would like to.
I'd love a Red-headed one if possible...

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
regarding his memory im hoping might actually mean he forgot all the "learned" moves he had and just be stuck what he had originally before he started watching professional wrestling.
Honestly I hope they turn him into a speed grappler like Makoto from street fighter if that's possible.

Zeo

He looks like an even more demented Kano. I'm unsurprisingly un-impressed and disappointed at the lack of a true new male fighter.

If his style works out, he'll be fun to fight, but I can already tell this is not a character I'm going to be using.

Oh yeah and the Kasumi outfit everyone already knew she was getting. *twirls finger*. Ryu's is cool though.

Kronin

And where did you see this? o . O

In the only source that we own, the scans of Famitsu XD

You can see it in the pic where he fight Hayate, very likely you overlooked it because the color is close to the Lab walls and particles.

l6M6rp7.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In the only source that we own, the scans of Famitsu XD

You can see it in the pic where he fight Hayate, very likely you overlooked it because the color is close to the Lab walls and particles.

l6M6rp7.jpg

It's not a blue C2 it's his default costume, illuminated by blue light. ;)
Kronin, you should go get your eyesight checked. XD First Alpha's outfit, now this. U.U

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Yes, Team NINJA hinted how this girl is a character created from scratch, in addition they also explicitely mentioned how they don't think that Miss Monday is able to fight (of course this doesn't mean that she will not be ever a playable character in the future, but should make hint that at least for the moment they don't plan to use her in the roster.

DLC ... you really don't think they will stop at just 2 after the success of Marie/P4/Nyotengu? ;)

Kronin

It's not a blue C2 it's his default costume, illuminated by blue light. ;)

Kronin, you should go get your eyesight checked. XD First Alpha's outfit, now this. U.U

So illuminated the outfit seemed really clear-blue O_O

Ok, today is the day of the misunderstandings for me, I think that it's better that I shut my mouth XD

DLC ... you really don't think they will stop at just 2 after the success of Marie/P4/Nyotengu? ;)

Hayashi already stated that maybe they could release additional characters even for Last Round and in any cases I agree with you, the trend was too much succesful for stopping just now.... but be sure that if TN will decide to use a female character from Ninja Gaiden, the first choice will be on a woman with a name starting for "I" (or "S") :p

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

Can't agree more. I was thrilled for a cyborg, but this design somehow looks really weird to me. Also, why is he completely grey? That looks very dull and unappealing. ;__;

I'm not 100% sold on his design either, it's really dull colored and has unimpressive clothing, but I think we have to see him in motion to give a final opinion... maybe he'll look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD