DOA5's Story

Mesharey

Jann Lee wasn't happy when he won, he said there's still someone, who is that "someone" ? Hayabusa ?

Ghosty-J

Jann Lee wasn't happy when he won, he said there's still someone, who is that "someone" ? Hayabusa ?
That's what I assumed since he and Hayabusa are rivals and all. But the zoom into the pictures of Rig on the wall suggests it was Rig. I like the story in this game, but there are way too many unanswered questions D: It felt like the story was trying to go somewhere, but lost track of what to do near the end. At least the final battle was epic.

Blazeincarnated

That's what I assumed since he and Hayabusa are rivals and all. But the zoom into the pictures of Rig on the wall suggests it was Rig. I like the story in this game, but there are way too many unanswered questions D: It felt like the story was trying to go somewhere, but lost track of what to do near the end. At least the final battle was epic.
Because in Rig story Rig beat Jann Lee. And after the tournament he wanted to settle the score...

Ghosty-J

Because in Rig story Rig beat Jann Lee. And after the tournament he wanted to settle the score...
Ah, should have figured. I tend to lose track of the story's consistency due to all the "next day", "few weeks later", "few days later", timeskip shenanigans @_@

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Heheh, wel, it seems story have minded many people ;)

I'm also minded... I guess Kasumi is living in Haybusa village. Hayabusa was the last to arrive to sea platform and then only who knows this fact. So, Hayate and Ayana really believe Kasumi clone is true Kasumi... I also guess Donovan's scientifics team can wash-brains as their whish an also copy-brains..., so the clone should be a replica of true Kasumi's body and mind ...

At final scenes Donovan said all hapenned as planned... So I guess that Kasumi clone is part of his plan...

Does somebody agree with me?

If clone is not a body/mind one, why did she always acts like true Kasumi even when dying in Hayabusa's arms...?

Codemaster92163

There are just a few things that I'm confused on in the story.

SPOILERS!!!!!!

1.) If Kasumi was hanging out with Muramasa the entire time, why the hell was one of her clones questioning Helena about Alpha's whereabouts? Unless it was actually Kasumi, but what makes little sense is that Helena sent Kasumi to the rig, and upon finding her there, Hayate and Ayane proceed to kill her. So, the one hounding Helena for Alpha's whereabouts was most likely a clone, right? Why the hell would the clone care?

And 2.) How did Hayate and Ayane know that was a clone? Do they just have magical ninja senses?

I just wish the game was more clear as to what REALLY happened. You're just left with a whole bunch of speculation on why so and so occurred and why he and she did this and that.

Otherwise, I liked the story. Not as cathartic as I would have wished, but a decent story nonetheless. Still, I'm waiting for Jann Lee to die. They could have killed him off in the train! It was the perfect opportunity! *sigh* A chance missed...

Goro Hazuki

@Codemaster:
1) Probably some of the clones believe they are Kasumi.
2) Dude that's easy, she wasn't wearing her new black outfit.

To be honest, I will tell you all the best part of story mode right now. This is not an opinion, but a straight up fact. The best part is the first time you see Bass dressed as Mr. Strong, he enters the ring and you hear his epic theme song from DOA1 rattling your sole.
At that moment, instantly around the world all DOA players grew a beard and increased their bicep sizes by two inches. Even the women players.

Sett

I like how after Ryu's holding Kasumi he's like "A life is still a life lost" or something then he spends his real time decapitating fuck tons of ninjas.

Boodendorf

I still don't understand why would Jann Lee randomly throw his nunchaku at Kokoro's head.
That's probably what confused me the most in this story.

I said this in another thread, but one thing I got from the story is that if we get a DOA 6 the door is open for a return of Ein. They suspended his cells most likely got some of his DNA and they are a group of people who have a nack for cloning people. Also I have a feeling that Rig.......well Rig may be a clone himself.

Kaiser Wiggly

The story wasn't bad, it was perfectly serviceable. It did ask many more questions than it answered though. D'you think Story mode DLC is a possibility? I'm honestly not sure if that is the story as they intended or if stuff got cut due to time-restraints. Could explain all the plot-holes. Then again, another, more plausible explanation is 'Sloppy writing'.

I still don't understand why would Jann Lee randomly throw his nunchaku at Kokoro's head.
That's probably what confused me the most in this story.

I presumed that was a callback to a scene in DoA4, where Jann Lee is nunchucking his ass off when Hayabusa arrives. Jann Lee greets him with a "Hi, how are you?" in the language of Jeet Kun Do by hurling the nunchucks furiously at his head. Hyabusa responds with a gentle "Not too bad, thanks" by twirling them like they were dancing a particularly violent salsa. Then, of course, Lee and 'Busa proceed to punch each other in the face until one falls over. Winner!

So yeah, Jann Lee appears to just measure people's worth by their nunchuck skills. He obviously found Kokoro wanting.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
For some odd reason, I feel like Ryu is just gonna eventually go from an angle where he's actually gonna develop more feelings for Kasumi. lol I hope I'm wrong. Obviously she stayed in his village with Muramassa. Also, before people jump down my throat about Irene, I'm a die hard NG fan so yes, I know he likes Irene. But there's always a possibility.

Chainedsniper

I think the actual storyline wasnt that bad. But since they wanted to give everyone some of the spot light, it just got confusing lol. They should have just had a DOA5 storyline (the tournament) then a DOATEC storyline. Since thats basically what it was anyways.

BTW, I do like the mechanic of final fight. Basically making it a tag team, but the effect was pretty cool.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
The story wasn't bad, it was perfectly serviceable. It did ask many more questions than it answered though. D'you think Story mode DLC is a possibility? I'm honestly not sure if that is the story as they intended or if stuff got cut due to time-restraints. Could explain all the plot-holes.

I got the impression that TN ran out of time a bit... It could explain other (very few) deficiencies of DOA5... However I still believe game is great! :D I hope they will publish a DLC with more content for story mode such as missing episodes for Christie and Lisa. :)

MasterHavik

The story is fucking ass. I think TN forgot how to represent their characters. Good job with the whole mk9 thing, but this a joke version of MK9. It's somewhat funny though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD