DOA5U DOA5U Brad Wong 1.04 Changes

HoodsXx

Brad Wong:

• 236P: Damage increased from 38 to 40. Close Hit distance adjusted.
  • 6H+K, 6KK: Guard advantage changed from -6 to -5.

Hopefully the close hit makes somewhat of a difference during his bounds otherwise this isn't totally bad but at the same time he needs more. IMO he's fine where he is but desperately needs a better get in move other than running P. So he doesn't have do much trouble at range. Anyways Brad forum discuss your ideas as this thread needs to get more lively anyways.

Seppu

i assume it will loosen the timing by removing the need to dash in first, but the damage is still poor. close hits are 150% damage, so from 38-57 to 40-60.

there's really no need to use his :236::P: during a bounce or backwards roll animation unless you're using the knockback for extra wall/cliff damage.

HoodsXx

I know this character forum is quite dead as no one seems to come on here much if at all. This is a serious question that I want us as a brad community to discuss. Personally I also feel TN doesn't give Brad much love cause we don't discuss him enough lol. But anyways. In DOAD as I have it turned on right now. Brad's slower moves were either completely safe or psuedo safe. If they changes don't occur. Would you guys prefer to have your safety back with Brad? Primarily these would be 33KK as -3 and 1KKK as -3 LHT P+K -4 LFT 6K -4. Don't remember off the top of my head if DHO P+K is -7 but that would be nice too. As for the changes with DHO H+K and 1KK2K / 33K2K those should be adjusted. They're even faster in DOAD and give him more advantage too but I'm more worried about the speed right now. Lastly as a new move which I'll add in my blog that he had in DOA 3.1 that I feel would increase his mix up game quite a lot is PP4 it would let him transition into BT like he would with PP8. If this happened though I'd want him at +8 only on fastest SE and +15 at most on non SE. Please doscuss your thoughts.

Demoth

Brad definitely needs more safe moves.

I get thrown constantly trying while trying to do almost anything. I remember hos running 6P corkscrew used to be safe, but everyone knows to just low throw punish.

I'm fine with certain moves / strings being unsafe, but currently Brad is not only slow, but he's unsafe and pulling off any combos takes expert timing with very little reward unless your opponent falls for obvious tricks (that no one outside of newbies fall for)

HoodsXx

Brad definitely needs more safe moves.

I get thrown constantly trying while trying to do almost anything. I remember hos running 6P corkscrew used to be safe, but everyone knows to just low throw punish.

I'm fine with certain moves / strings being unsafe, but currently Brad is not only slow, but he's unsafe and pulling off any combos takes expert timing with very little reward unless your opponent falls for obvious tricks (that no one outside of newbies fall for)

He has a hard time mostly with getting in, that's about it really. If you space him out well, he has his problems. But you can also force the opponent to come to you as well. One of his actual good assets is being able to get in and get out, then force you to come in while he's in HS or Laydown. He's slow, but he can still hold his own, the reason he's so difficult though is because he's a very reactionary based character, meaning YOU have to always be the one to react on point with his crushes, and holds. and be on top of his mixups. Luckily, Brad has an amazing neutral game when it comes to evasiveness, and that is very vital for his play when in neutral. 1K ducks some mids, 2H+K ducks highs, 44K ducks highs and gives him space, allowing you to force the opponent to come towards you, 4P dodges highs while 4P8 stops anything that's linear. His parry stops lows, and makes some mids whiff if you know how to time the Parry correctly. He's got a lot going for him, he's just difficult to stay on top of the opponent when need be. Keep working at him @Demoth.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD