DoA5U Hayabusa

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Alright, since other people are starting to post things early I figure the Hayabusa-faithful deserve the same. I will update this post with things I think of or requests as necessary. I'm not going to add in frame data unless it's requested because everyone can just turn it on in a few days anyway.

New Moves:
PPKKP, H+KKP: Punch ender to the standard three kicks. Causes a deep stun but due to the way the animation works there really isn't any way to take advantage. Less knockback than the kick ender as well.

4H+K 3P/9P, WR4K 3P/9P, SS K 3P/9P: This is pure gold. You can cancel recovery into Hayabusa's forward flip. Completely opens up people used to holding the WR 4K followups and people who like to just hold block after. Shenanigans ensue.

WR H+K: This is the crazy helicopter kick that Hayabusa gained. Hits multiple times and causes a hard knockdown. Executes pretty quickly, is horribly unsafe, but is a good follow up to the new back-sliding stun you may have seen in vids. Has INSANE range (can chase down Bayman's new backroll stance). Does cause a wall splat. Also seems to scare people into not rushing in if they get hit with it a few times.

3P+K P+K (on hit), Ongyoin 2P+K P+K (on hit): This one...I just don't know yet. You teleport to the other side of the opponent in a crouching state. You can land the handstand into it's built-in follow ups, but nothing else that I've found yet including the new move just above this one. At max stun you do get the higher launch but I've found nothing crazy good with it yet. This seems to be more to re-position yourself and look cool. You can airgrab from it but that's not exactly a new ability from 3P+K.

44P: My favorite of his new moves. Double-hitting mid punch that adds a ton of stun and is guaranteed from 4H+K and similar moves. This move seems to complete his previously not so hot sitdown game as it adds a ton of stun to make people fear either CB or Izuna. This move will be a staple going forward for all Hayabusa players.

Some changes:

8H+P, Onyoin 8H+P: No longer an OH. False alarm on this one. Must have been a glitch.

3PPP: New stun on the last hit instead of a knockback which is nice.

Shoho Izuna can be used on opponents in a juggle state, but not immediately after a launch. See Hayabusa's Combo Challenge for a good example. This is doable in Singles now, not just Tag.

3H+K and its variants are now a quicker, non-guard-breaking attack that hits twice. The first hit requires a bit more height to connect than I'd like but the second has a similar timing to the old move from the original release. Highly unsafe and should really only be used to chase down an opponent at range that goes into stance or some other position they cannot quickly block from. Good whiff punisher as well. Using at close range is basically suicide.

4P2P: Not sure where this started but this is not advantage on guard or hit. Weird rumor that I figured I'd shut down.

Guard breaks with advantage are 66K (+4, +5 at extremely close range), 6KP (+9), and 4P+K (varies by charge time but a full charge is +15). Still at a disadvantage (-9) on H+KKK.

Here's his entire command training (I was already done but it'll still cycle through) as well as a few of his Combo Challenges. I only did the new ones or ones the game thought was hard (they're not).

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Nope. It's -8 but it's not really a move you use to open anyone up.

EDIT: To add to that, it is guaranteed off of 4H+K. If the opponent doesn't slow escape, you can do it twice in a row and the CB is guaranteed. But yeah, everyone slow escapes.

Last edited:

SilverForte

Cool thanks.Alright a few more questions.

Ong 8T is no longer an OH? What about plain 8T?
Can you cancel more strings into 7p or are those listed all?
How much damage does low izuna do?
How fast is 44p?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ong 8T is no longer an OH? What about plain 8T? Answered that in the OP already.
Can you cancel more strings into 7p or are those listed all? Just the ones I listed and it's 3, 6, or 9P. Forward flip, not back.
How much damage does low izuna do? 80
How fast is 44p? 16 frames.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hrm...in training the move is counting as an OH again (both throws). When I fought against Lopedo yesterday it was a normal throw. Might have just been a glitch that showed the wrong color or something. Gonna edit that so false alarm on that one. Weird bug though.

SilverForte

Oh I forgot, just one more thing. Is low izuna a viable form of low punishment? How fast is it compared to his other low throws?

MajesticBlue

Thank you very much for the info. So you haven't seen any changes to any of his lows to help him open anybody up? Are all of his stuns still unSEable too? Maybe he doesn't need a low. He has that low throw Izuna now for punishment and to destroy holders.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Oh I forgot, just one more thing. Is low izuna a viable form of low punishment? How fast is it compared to his other low throws?
It's viable but because of the 33H+P input you have to be anticipating a hold or something. I'm sure it can be done on reaction but it'll take a lot of practice and unlearning muscle memory.
Thank you very much for the info. So you haven't seen any changes to any of his lows to help him open anybody up? Are all of his stuns still unSEable too? Maybe he doesn't need a low. He has that low throw Izuna now for punishment and to destroy holders.
Not all of his stuns. 44P can be slow escaped, as can his sitdown stuns still. Otherwise his stuns are similar to the original release.

I have a video processing at the moment of me running through his command training and doing a few of his combo challenges that are either using new moves or just listed as level 4 or 5 difficulty. None of his stuff is particular hard to do though.

MajesticBlue

If his 3P, 6P 6P+K and 6K Stuns are the same then he at least still gets to guess for free. all unseeable except maybe 6P+K. A amazing deep stun at every level but low. Can't wait to see the vid:

Edit:I freaked out at the thought of 6PK being a guard break. You have to mean 6KP. I got my hopes up lol.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Whoops, yeah. That's what I meant. Was just finishing up getting my last achievement in the game. 1000/1000 gamerscore. First in the world rather easily. For anyone that likes trophies/achievements, this game is SUPER easy.

Anyway, yeah, Hayabusa is pretty solid in this game. Looking forward to seeing what other people come up with. I've found a few things that I'm going to hold back for now. TFC and all that. But I'll share most of what I find regardless.

SilverForte

Haha, man if you got 1000 already must be super easy. And glad to see ryu isn't "dead" like you said, looking forward to what everyone can come up with.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I should clarify that I found it easy. Some may have problems completing Combo Challenge with a character and others will have problems doing Survival Tag on Legendary. But it's at least much easier than DoA5 was. That was ridiculous.

Updated the OP with the video I mentioned. Since the game hasn't been released I have it unlisted. I'd appreciate it if nobody posted it anywhere else or linked it anywhere besides FSD until at least tomorrow. Thanks.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It'll have to wait a bit anyway. Re-uploading it using the HTTPS uploader...stupid normal one caused the file to corrupt. I'll update when it's ready again.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Awesome to see his new stuff, Can't wait for Friday to play around with him in training myself.

I wasn't expecting new teleports though, atleast it seems useful this time around though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD