DOA5U Helena Combo Thread

Zack117

Standard Donor
This thread has helped me out so much, thanks a lot.

I wonder what's your follow-up on her high crush P+K on counter hit. I'm currently using her 236PKP as an ender.

Zack117

Standard Donor
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet.
BT T 3PP (slight delay) P - (SDS) 9P PP4K - BT 66K

source: xCal 13:00

I'm not 100% sure about the slight delay though but this is the only way I can get it to work. If I press the 3PPP normally, the opponent is being pushed too far away.

This is the only effective follow-up I know of, after going for the damage of the BT T and it works great so far. Also, the third delayed P has been holden once from a player, so I guess it is not guaranteed. Cannot test it as I am not advanced with the training mode.

Pictured Mind

I'm not 100% sure about the slight delay though but this is the only way I can get it to work. If I press the 3PPP normally, the opponent is being pushed too far away.

This is the only effective follow-up I know of, after going for the damage of the BT T and it works great so far. Also, the third delayed P has been holden once from a player, so I guess it is not guaranteed. Cannot test it as I am not advanced with the training mode.

Yes, you do need the delay to give them the sitdown. I recommend going for PP4K, and then PP4K again. So: 3PP(delay)P, 9K, PP4K, BT PP4K.

Great damage output and you can dash in while back turned to go for either the 66K force tech, or for the 4K force tech.

This is actually one of my personal favorite set ups. :helena:

Zack117

Standard Donor
Yes, you do need the delay to give them the sitdown. I recommend going for PP4K, and then PP4K again. So: 3PP(delay)P, 9K, PP4K, BT PP4K.

Great damage output and you can dash in while back turned to go for either the 66K force tech, or for the 4K force tech.

Ohman, thank you. Can't wait to try that stuff out!

Omegan Eckhart

No new combos based on her moveset, but floor bounces enable these combos on the stage The Danger Zone when using 33P4P as an air juggle ender:

Featherweight: 3P+K > BKO 3P+K > 33P > 33P4P
Lightweight: 3P+K > 66KP(P)
Midweight: 3P+K > 236PKP
Heavyweight: 3P+K > 33P4P

Zack117

Standard Donor
I recommend going for PP4K, and then PP4K again. So: 3PP(delay)P, 9K, PP4K, BT PP4K.

Just wanted to say how helpful this was to me. I've only played a couple of hours so far since then, but this addition of damage has decided the match for me more often than I've expected.

It are those small things that step-up your game. I must go on finding and implementing them! Thanks!

Akumasama

Looking for suggestions against middle weight characters combos after Critical Blow.
After I proc Critical Blow I use this old combo, I'm sure there are better options:

8+K, 4+P, K, F,
from there I have 2 routes:
1) 2,3,6, P, K, P
2) 3,3, P, F, 3,3,P, 4+P

First needs strict timing online, if you get a small lag spike it's over. It's a bit more damage than route 2.
So my question is: which better combos than this one can I use on mid-weight characters?

Also I dunno, but despite Helena being the character I play best on, I'm having issues proccing Critical Blow. She has 3 options (7+P. 7+P from backturned. 6+P+K from Bokuho, all mid punch) but I have huge issues into luring good players into a Critical Blow.
I don't have such issues with characters like Hayate or Christie for example, and I'm a total shit players on those characters, especially Hayate.
I wonder why is that? Anybody else finding more annoying to lure players into Critical Blow on Helena compared to other characters?

ninjaguy446

Looking for suggestions against middle weight characters combos after Critical Blow.
After I proc Critical Blow I use this old combo, I'm sure there are better options:

8+K, 4+P, K, F,
1) 2,3,6, P, K, P
2) 3,3, P, F, 3,3,P, 4+P

First needs strict timing online, if you get a small lag spike it's over. It's a bit more damage than route 2.
So my question is: which better combos than this one can I use on mid-weight characters?

Also I dunno, but despite Helena being the character I play best on, I'm having issues proccing Critical Blow. She has 3 options (7+P. 7+P from backturned. 6+P+K from Bokuho, all mid punch) but I have huge issues into luring good players into a Critical Blow.
I don't have such issues with characters like Hayate or Christie for example, and I'm a total shit players on those characters, especially Hayate.
I wonder why is that? Anybody else finding more annoying to lure players into Critical Blow on Helena compared to other characters?
Not really. People just probably expect you to mid punch with Helena, so if they keep holding your CB! then grab them or use other launchers.

The combo I use on everyone is
BKO P+K BT 4P+K BT 4K BT 4PPP
if you're at the wall you can replace BT 4K with a second BT 4P+K. If they're Heavyweight, then only do one BT 4P+K.

Pictured Mind

8+K, 4+P, K, F,
1) 2,3,6, P, K, P
2) 3,3, P, F, 3,3,P, 4+P

Nah. I think the problem is you're not mixing it up enough at stun level 3. If they keep holding mid p, use a throw or obviously a launcher (8k, bko h+k, bko 6k, 6k, 9k etc).

I personally love using her bt t in a situation situation like this. Because you get 3pp for free so you're already close to another chance for cb. :)

Akumasama

Is that 9+P or 7+P after SDS?
It doesn't work for me with 9+P, the following part whiffs, and I suppose it can't be 7+P because there would surely be better combos after that.

ninjaguy446

Is that 9+P or 7+P after SDS?
It doesn't work for me with 9+P, the following part whiffs, and I suppose it can't be 7+P because there would surely be better combos after that.
You have to delay the third P of 3PPP to get the sitdown stun. 9P is guaranteed and I believe you can stagger and hold 9K but almost no one does that.

Akumasama

The combo in the video is with 9K and it's guaranteed.
You can critical blow with 7+P (can't be holded, afaik) but it requires very strict timing and a good player will manage to guard against it.

Regardless, pretty pretty pretty pretty nice setup, tried it a bit online yesterday and it works like a charm, loved it :)

Still, I'm looking for more options to do after you land a Critical Blow.
I know the current options
1) 8+K, 4+P, K, F, 3,3+P, F, 3,3+P, 4+P
2) 8+K, 4+P, K, F, 2,3,6+P, K, P
3) BKH P+K, BT 4+P+K, BT 4+P+K, 4+P,P,P

They're in order of damage. 1) doesn't work on heavy weight.
On 3 I think you can change the second 4+P+K with a 4+K, but it produces less damage.
Combo 2) and 3) work on all weights as far as I know.

Now my question. Is there any other better combo to do than these three ones I listed?

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

Just because I'm obsessed with getting guaranteed damage with Helena I came up with a SDS guaranteed launch. It ain't great but Helena gave me fuck all to work with:

Light / Mid / Heavy: 33P > 8P > 214P4P > 4PPP
Alpha-152: 33P > 8P > 214P4P > 4K > 4PPP

When you land 214P the next 4P is guaranteed and launches at the same time. It's a very limited launch but the combo finisher is universal on all weight classes so that's a plus. It also leaves them in the blender so you can capitalize on the knockdown pretty easily.

Using 214PP can get you 11 points more damage but doing 33P > 33P4P if you are looking for practicality :)

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Just because I'm obsessed with getting guaranteed damage with Helena I came up with a SDS guaranteed launch. It ain't great but Helena gave me fuck all to work with:

Light / Mid / Heavy: 33P > 8P > 214P4P > 4PPP
Alpha-152: 33P > 8P > 214P4P > 4K > 4PPP

When you land 214P the next 4P is guaranteed and launches at the same time. It's a very limited launch but the combo finisher is universal on all weight classes so that's a plus. It also leaves them in the blender so you can capitalize on the knockdown pretty easily.

Using 214PP can get you 11 points more damage but doing 33P > 33P4P if you are looking for practicality :)
Very good find!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD