DOA5U PS3 unplayable online

qoodname

Hi there, just wanted to ask if you guys were experiencing the same problem I have with the game.

Basically im playing a couple matches with the connection being perfectly fine and then suddenly when a new match starts (still playing with the same person) the connection goes down to 1 bar and it becomes unplayable. As soon as the match is over it goes back to 5 bars again and we can play a few more matches without lag until it goes back to 1 bar for 1 match again.

Im having this problem with everybody i play and even with friends that live 20 mins away from me that i always had 5 bars with in any game. It feels like the connection gets worse the more matches i play until i hits rock bottom and goes back to 5 bars just to start all over again. The 1 bar match itself runs fluid, its just the input lag that goes nuts. It exactly feels like setting the offline lag simulator to 1 bar.

At first i thought it was my connection acting weird so i ran a speedtest but everything was just normal. I then ran a speedtest while having said 1 bar to make sure that its not my internet playing tricks on me. Got the same result as always.

So i went on and played a few different games (including DOA5 vanilla) with a buddy to make sure it really isnt a problem with my connection. Every game we tried worked as good as online play can be without any lag whatsoever.

I never experienced anything like that. My PS3 is wired to a modem and my connection is just normal so im pretty sure its not a problem with my connection but the game.

So yeah, i have no idea whats up but im pretty frustrated by now and since i heard people talking about how much the netcode improved over DOA5 vanilla (to me it feels like it got 10 times worse even though vanilla was crap already) i was wondering if i was the only one having this problem.

If im the only one (which i hope im not) do you guys have any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

DR2K

I have NAT type 2(my PS3 is connected directly to my router), you said you had 1. You could try looking up NAT types and seeing if that's what is causing it.

Pokerking87

Actually i found no one more on rank solo or tag and there is a lobby bug out there. Some existence lobbys won´t indicated. And 4 player tag coop is a freakin diashow.
So much time and we get a bugfestival as vanilla on start...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You guys need to invest in a halfway decent router that supports a DMZ. Can't do much about netcode itself but not having to worry about ports or connections with anyone is helpful.

Pokerking87

I have a good router (NAT type 2) and use a LAN cable, nothing wireless.
And a other problem is that people can see rank records ~ 80% i found cancel the fight.

qoodname

I have NAT type 2(my PS3 is connected directly to my router), you said you had 1. You could try looking up NAT types and seeing if that's what is causing it.
I actually confused modem and router, sry for that. The reason you have NAT type 2 is that your wired to a router. As far as i know you have NAT type 3 if youre connected to a router, NAT type 2 if youre connected to a router but your console has its own IP to bypass the firewall and NAT type 1 if youre connected directly to a modem.
I could be wrong though. Anyways, like i said i tried a few other games (TTT2, SCV, P4A, FIFA and COD) and everything was just fine. Its highly unlikely that my connection is the problem.

Pokerking87

True was Q said here we played a lot in vanilla and connection was always fine. And as we both played core for a few days bar indicator jumps from 4 to 2 to 1 to 3 to 2. Its the game not our connection that here fails!

qoodname

As a side note, it seems like this connection scumbaggery only happens in lobbies. I played around 15 ranked matches in the last hour and i didnt encounter any lag whatsoever. I then jumped into a lobby and the connection went apeshit on me again.

Chapstick

I was playing my friend in a lobby last night and every 5 or so matches the game would stop at the winning pose. The winning pose would still be animated and the bgm would still be playing but it wouldn't go out of it to move on to the next match. So I tried pressing circle to quit the match, and it froze on a black loading screen with the bgm still playing. Same thing was happening for my friend.

Then I signed out to get out of online and the little messaged popped up "you're not comnected to the internet so you can't fight online blah" as usual and my friend said they were able to go back to the lobby screen just fine after I did that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD