DOA5U: system tweeks/character buffs and nerfs for Team NINJA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingMuffin

Kokoro isn't so broken like in DOA5 anymore, but she's still OP because of her 3 part unbreakable throw and her in between string throws (pulling you after she punches twice). Not to mention that faint stun move she has. Yikes!

The 3-part unbreakable throw that does less damage than Hitomis 33T is OP? She's wasn't broken in 5, she's just hot garbage in 5U.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
She's so bad, I'm seriously considering switching to Eliot.

I think you're taking this a little far. Kokoro is still a fine character, and I think it's good that she lost some of her stuns. I feel like she would benefit from new moves/tools though. She seems the most unchanged for the better, and then not given anything new to balance out the nerfs she received.

Remind you that she is still a solid character as Bushido states in his guide:

+Opens people up easily
+High damage output
+Easy to pick up
+Good string mixups
+Fast 10/12/13
+Good mid range tools
+Great at baiting holds
+Great for more aggressive players
+Sexy

David Gregg

She's so bad, I'm seriously considering switching to Eliot.

^ Eliot isn't as horrible as ppl think but he did lose some very important tools from 5 that set him back. It's all mixup with him now and very rarely do you get guarantees (or at least...guarantees that do a significant amount of damage).

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Bushido exaggerates her good points. She no longer has any low mixups. Her only mixups are her string throws. Her stun game isn't half as strong as 5, 'cause her sitdown stuns only guarantee a mid punch. Her only deep stuns are high.

EDIT: I did spend a few days learning Eliot and he's got a good low now and better range game. I'd definitely say that he was buffed compared to 5. My 3rd day Eliot does better than my Kokoro.

FlamingMuffin

Bushido exaggerates her good points. She no longer has any low mixups. Her only mixups are her string throws. Her stun game isn't half as strong as 5, 'cause her sitdown stuns only guarantee a mid punch. Her only deep stuns are high.

Pretty much this. I don't feel like going over it again, but if you think she's still strong in 5U, I question the way you played her in 5.

Max536Drago

The 3-part unbreakable throw that does less damage than Hitomis 33T is OP? She's wasn't broken in 5, she's just hot garbage in 5U.
My bad. I thought it did more damage. I'll get my facts right next time. lol Kokoro's fine. That unholdable stun is still really cheap.

Max536Drago

I think you're taking this a little far. Kokoro is still a fine character, and I think it's good that she lost some of her stuns. I feel like she would benefit from new moves/tools though. She seems the most unchanged for the better, and then not given anything new to balance out the nerfs she received.

Remind you that she is still a solid character as Bushido states in his guide:

+Opens people up easily
+High damage output
+Easy to pick up
+Good string mixups
+Fast 10/12/13
+Good mid range tools
+Great at baiting holds
+Great for more aggressive players
+Sexy
"sexy" lololololol Her most important tool XD

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Unholdable stun? Her 1T is holdable now and her sitdowns only guarantee a 66P. Leifang has better unholdables and she's a "defensive" character.

Max536Drago

@TeamNINJAStudio #DOA5U I have some buff ideas for Alpha-152, and maybe 1 nerf. Alpha can do a special rising kick when she is down by pressing H+K. It's -24 on block, but should be -9. Alpha's 4K4K is -20 on block, but I think it should leave her at -7 so that only grapplers can throw punish it. Alpha's 7K should go back to being a guard break, but leave her at -4F so that her opponents think she has advantage. I have no more ideas (right now) for Alpha. Her 2KKK is broken, but I don't know what to do about it.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Make Rachel's 214P 13f and go a bit farther. That's 2f slower than Kasumi's 6P, so it should only be -1 on block.

Max536Drago

She has the best offense in the game without the throw, because her other throws do a lot of damage as well.

If anything we Alpha players should hope for defense additions, and be able to take a couple offensive nerfs.

I've been using Alpha for a while, and depending on who you're fighting you can either dominate or get completely smoked, and I'm getting fairly tired of that. I enjoy her moves, her sounds, her animations... everything about her makes a great silent villain, but to keep me playing as her I need more chances to defend myself.

The parry made this fantastic in DOA5 vanilla, but it can be blocked in DOA5U... easily. So now I have to hope and pray I can manipulate my opponent enough with my offense to score a win.
She has the best offense in the game without the throw, because her other throws do a lot of damage as well.

If anything we Alpha players should hope for defense additions, and be able to take a couple offensive nerfs.

I've been using Alpha for a while, and depending on who you're fighting you can either dominate or get completely smoked, and I'm getting fairly tired of that. I enjoy her moves, her sounds, her animations... everything about her makes a great silent villain, but to keep me playing as her I need more chances to defend myself.

The parry made this fantastic in DOA5 vanilla, but it can be blocked in DOA5U... easily. So now I have to hope and pray I can manipulate my opponent enough with my offense to score a win.
Alpha's parry was really annoying in 5. You can't block the follow up attack if your opponent doesn't stop their string and block.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It doesn't change the fact that her counters do a whopping 0 damage and typically set you up for failure. The parry was my only escape, and even in DOA5 you could escape it.

Musourenka

The 3-part unbreakable throw that does less damage than Hitomis 33T is OP?
Seriously. Hitomi does more throw damage than Kokoro at all points, with the possible exception of 10f since Hitomi's is a breakable combo throw. Fucking Ayane does more damage with throws than Kokoro even ignoring Ayane's
64T shenanigans.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Zod's got hilarious glitches. Keep Injustice as the broken mess it is. Put it on the shelf next to ASB.

Darrell

Probably late on noticing this, but did they dramatically slow down the walking back speed? Was playing with Sarah today, and noticed her moving slow motion as I held back. Anyone know why this was done?

Saber

Allow the force tech game to make sense again. It's so shoddy and dirty it made some matches at TFC absolute garbage, and they had to the potential to be some of the best matches we have ever seen.
Amen to that. I despise the ground game in DOA5U because FTs are missing except for everyone Rachel and Sarah, both of which are easy to pull off. Heck, even Genfu has a reset that puts him at +15.

I just want the rushdown game back. And Kokoro back to her strength in DOA5 1.03A.

Reactions: d3v
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD