DOA5U DOA5U VF Night Part 2 - Akira vs. Pai

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
ON-Banner-4-325x150.png

Following up on the VF support campaign, The JP stream is back with another VF character showcase!

This time it will be a 1st to 10 between Jawa Akira (Akira) vs. Veronica (Pai), arguably 2 of the top users of their characters in Japan.
With guest commentary by none other than Itabashi Zangief!

Stream will start around 9PM JP time (12AM GMT) so please drop by and show your support!
Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/wuroncha/

UPDATE:

Here's the archive for all who missed it!

http://www.twitch.tv/wuroncha/b/497250764

Enjoy!

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
that was epic!

As soon as they upload the archive I'll post it to you guys

Last edited:

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
JC Akira is so good. Definitely the best Akira I've ever fought. He is flat out amazing and a really nice guy.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Notes I've taken away from this video, still need some items confirmed:

1) :6::4::H+P:, :6::6:, :4::3::P: = a force tech
2) Opponent Back to wall :6::4::H+P:, :2::H+K::P:, :2::P:, :4::6::6::P+K:
3) :6::P::4:, :4::4: is a neat way to initiate a whiff punish
4) Off of SS:P+K: wall splat, :P::h::P::h::P::h::3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: might be more damaging than :4::3::P:, :2::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

Comments To Java (Can someone relay this info to him and possibly get a response for me?):
1) Utilize Akira's parry.
2) Flawless on the :6::4::H+P:, :2::H+K::P:, :2_::4::6::P:. What input method do you use for :2_::4::6::P:? Is it :4::6::5::3::P:?
3) I noticed for a majority of the attack strings put together, they are slow escapable. This is fine once in a while, but not all the time. Check out my thread in the Akira forums on which moves can link for a non slow escapable string.
4) Great use of wall splats and :6::6::6::P: for a launcher. Very few people capitalize on that.
5) :4::P::P+K: used in string after an initiating stun can be juggled with :P:, :H*+K:, :P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

Codemaster92163

I like that someone uses Pai's double bound. It's always cool to see.

Still, not sure why he always went for :P: > :P: > :3::3::P+K: > :3::3::P::K: for the wall damage. :P: > :P: > :6::K::P::K: does 1 point more and is easier to use (AKA you won't accidentally get her PL instead of the :3::3: input, but then again they're changing that in the patch supposedly).

I also forgot about :6::4::P: > :6::4::P: until now xD used to use that in vanilla and completely forgot about it up until watching him use it.

My only question would be why so many :6::6::P+K: inputs and a lack of throws, but that's just based on preference, not necessity I guess.

Fun fights to watch. Hope to see more in the future.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
JC has improved. I've seen his Akira 5U matches on youtube and they were pretty bad. Comparing to this, he has improved a bit. Curiosity made me look him up before awhile back since he's like right under me on the leaderboards.

Timasty

I'm a bit late, but those were excellent matches. Seein' Akira vs Pai fights is like a miracle. They had imo really good defence and their SS skills were great. I learned a few stuff from this video.
Something I was hoping to see was Pai using 2P after her 2_6T grab. It's so good.
Thx for the link!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD