DOA5U won't be a DLC update only retail

DR2K

I guess it's just the principle behind it that irks me. I don't mind as long as there will always be the full version that you can buy at a lower cost but this whole microtransaction stuff is really starting to catch on. It's a lot easier to get someone to buy $100 worth of microtransactions than it is to buy a $100 game at Gamestop.

Yeah there's an option to pay for everything for people that commit themselves seriously to a fighter, this is more for the general public that wants to spend less/nothing to play games this is why F2P is so prevalent. At least with this model you don't have to pay more to play(aka Tekken), you get unlimited play and every mode outside of story.

Jaguar360

I guess it's just the principle behind it that irks me. I don't mind as long as there will always be the full version that you can buy at a lower cost but this whole microtransaction stuff is really starting to catch on. It's a lot easier to get someone to buy $100 worth of microtransactions than it is to buy a $100 game at Gamestop.

Two options:
a.) Buy the full game at retail or download it for $40.
b.) Get Core Fighters for free and buy everything that you need (which will hopefully total to much less than $40).

Two options:
a.) Buy the full game at retail or download it for $40.
b.) Get Core Fighters for free and buy everything that you need (which will hopefully total to much less than $40).

what no one is getting is xbox dont get that and i would get that if i still had a ps3

Jaguar360

what no one is getting is xbox dont get that and i would get that if i still had a ps3
Yeah, I have Xbox too. :( It definitely sucks that we might not get Core Fighters, but I strongly think that it will just be delayed like the 1.03 patch back in February was if you know about that. If not, the full version of 5 Ultimate is still reasonably priced IMO. I plan on getting a PS3, PS4, or Vita anyway because I can't use the 360 controller for fighters.

Yeah, I have Xbox too. :( It definitely sucks that we might not get Core Fighters, but I strongly think that it will just be delayed like the 1.03 patch back in February was if you know about that. If not, the full version of 5 Ultimate is still reasonably priced IMO. I plan on getting a PS3, PS4, or Vita anyway because I can't use the 360 controller for fighters.
thats why you get an arcade stick my man, and i've already decided im just gonna buy the full retail because while i dont play a lot of people i hate the idea of an unfinished game some imma just buy the whole thing, also maybe TN can redeem their boxart and come up with something simple but awesome rather than have everyone just thrown on the box

Argentus

I'm the opposite. I'm so used to playing fighters on Xbox that I can't use a Playstation controller for fighters. The corners on the PS dpad are too sharp, winds up hurting my thumb after a while.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD