DOA6 Season 1 Pass $30 at Wal-Mart

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

For anyone that has been holding off on the first season pass for Dead or Alive 6, @ZakkuRye just posted a video that might entice to you reconsider. The Season Pass is a 90 dollar purchase, and while some fans might feel played paying full-price, it was your choice to support Team NINJA with your money; so don't be bitter! Everyone that waited and didn't buy it as a day one loyalist can get it for a paltry $30 at Wal-Mart.com.

Last edited:

werewolfgold

Oh, nooooo. I kind of almost want to buy it, now. But...Wal-mart. lol

That and I'm not sure TN will put my money to good use.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

Wal-Mart really wanted to empty DOA6 Season Pass stock that they've had for months. I don't feel like I was ever felt played since I don't mind paying that kind of price, these Season Pass cards were like out for 4 months since DOA6 release so stores are more likely would want to empty their cards.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
They just sent me a code through email, so I'm not sure what stock there was to push.

If you want my guess here it is: Team NINJA had it arranged on purpose to push some more passes before announcing a second one. I do find it fishy that this amazing deal didn't come out until after the release of the KoF collaboration that concluded Season 1.

They couldn't officially discount it like that and piss off a bunch of day one loyalist, but if a little mishap happens it would silence the possibility of them being able to complain.

I saw a comment that said this is about what it's worth, and I think there is some truth to that... but I'm pleased with the deal.

What it probably boils down to is Wal-Mart doesn't know what DOA is or think anyone else cares either... XD but that benefits me so I can't complain.

werewolfgold

They just sent me a code through email, so I'm not sure what stock there was to push.
This is true in a physical sense. But, rather I meant Wal-mart wanted some kind of return on their purchase (assuming they purchased a bunch of codes from KT and it not working some other way). But, cutting the price like that may or may not get them in hot water if they didn't have KT's permission because it devalues the product overall. Like what happened in the Epic Store sale.

It's weird to think there was some sort of conspiracy only for Wal-mart of all places. But, it's also weird to think that some bug just suddenly hit that particular product. It might have been a human error that discounted that price when they meant to discount something else.

In comparison to other games' season passes, I'd definitely see a lot more people biting for $30. Tekken gave people 6 characters + customization for that price. KT should take some notes.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ah I see, good point. To be fair I don't think there is any real conspiracy, I think it was an honest and overlooked mistake, but I constantly think about Team NINJA's marketing strategies for DOA6 and I am left a little confused and believe that anything is possible.

And I've always got a conspiracy or two saved.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The content of SP1 isn’t even worth $30 bucks. Seriously, the only thing worth of that pass is Mai and Kula. The costumes are trash.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD