Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
ATM they have doac as a sub domain http://doacentral.tkplayers.com/
You can read all the updates they've made on that page.

Manny doesn't sound too confident, and I haven't been able to get a hold of Morris (Dahlsim).

This doesn't fall under Morris' typical pattern. He always prefers preservation over making a clean sweep. He wouldn't kill the site until he was sure it was backed up somewhere and easily accessible. Many of the links in the sub domain link to the old forums and so are now broken as the information is gone at this moment.

My personal take is that the server provider suspended Morris' account for some data reason - possible they were upset with it constantly attacking itself with all the applications trying to share the same database over the past 10 years. Just a hypothesis but that's my gut instinct. I imagine the forums will be back up some time - just don't know when heh. For now, it's certainly a sign of the future when they do kill off DOAC and merge it with TKP.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Morris. He was unaware of the situation and will be working with his host to resolve the issue. So it's not closed yet as he still has to transfer stuff over to TKP.

MASTER

Standard Donor
If the attention whore, Manny, had his way, we'd all go to one site, under Manny, indivisible, with liberty and justice for his circle of friends.

People actually speak out against the two faced assclown these days?

Keep this up and I might join the community beyond making fun of y'all.

^smh. (im not a mod or anything)

ATM they have doac as a sub domain http://doacentral.tkplayers.com/
You can read all the updates they've made on that page.

That is correct.

@Sorwah He(dahlsim) backed everything up he just didn't tell me when it was going to go down.

Jeez Manny make your website prettier at least. That background is web 1.0 shit.

I never claimed to be a website wiz, That area is more Dahlsim's work than mine with a exception of a few tweaks. Im learning more stuff on my free time and I'm sorry if the website isn't to your liking ATM. We are still working on it.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

DrDogg

There's nothing that can be said that would make me think it's a good idea to remove the most widely known DOA site a month after DOA5 is announced. Even though the site isn't officially gone yet, and I understand that all of the info will be transferred to a site that has no name recognition with DOA... it just makes no sense. Although, the flame board never made sense to me, and the fact that I couldn't access the posts I made about DOA4 before the game was released was also pretty crazy. Oh well...

Manny... You'd be better off ignoring the negative posts toward you. Actions speak louder than words, and right now nothing you say is going to change people's minds. Your best course of action would be accept the fact that most of the vocal members of the community don't like you, and work toward correcting that through your future actions.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Just go fix your site, Manny. Not like I actually care anymore, but at least try not to make the DOA scene look ghetto.

Also, I'm gonna go with this gimmick until Manny stops with his.

Aids
thumbs_066063-rounded-glossy-black-icon-people-things-baby.png

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
There's nothing that can be said that would make me think it's a good idea to remove the most widely known DOA site a month after DOA5 is announced. Even though the site isn't officially gone yet, and I understand that all of the info will be transferred to a site that has no name recognition with DOA... it just makes no sense. Although, the flame board never made sense to me, and the fact that I couldn't access the posts I made about DOA4 before the game was released was also pretty crazy. Oh well...

Manny... You'd be better off ignoring the negative posts toward you. Actions speak louder than words, and right now nothing you say is going to change people's minds. Your best course of action would be accept the fact that most of the vocal members of the community don't like you, and work toward correcting that through your future actions.

If he puts the $10,000 of his own money that he stole from the community (not team ninjas, not some sponsors, but his) into the pot at the first DOA 5 major (and by major I do not mean DID, I mean a legit major he is not in control of) I will begin the slow process of forgiveness. He will still be a dick, but I'll treat him like all the other dicks instead of making constant war. He doesn't even have to admit that he stole it, he just has to do it.

Anything less than that and I find it very hard to look past his antics, as would most of us. That's just how bad he is. I don't like constantly hating him, but wrong is wrong. A -lot- of redemption is necessary here.

If he believes he truly deserved it, he should have no trouble winning it back.

Berzerk!

That's a big ask, Rikuto. Rather not derail into that historical discussion and all the contentious arguments attached.

Just supporting all tournaments equally would be fine by me. Putting up prize support is always welcome, but this game is only going to grow if people play at the grassroots in their local events. So the job of all the DOA sites and communities online is to promote events where DOA is played and point people to them.

As for DOACENTRAL, the new URL http://doacentral.tkplayers.com/ is ok, but I hope they fix a DNS redirect from DOACENTRAL.COM so people actually find it. In the meantime, I've updated my bookmark.

For everything else, there's FSD.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Well, I'm an outsider and from the outsiders point of view, DOA community is seen as non-existent and something funded by corporate money and that Manny is a money grubbing tool.

Not sure how you feel about it, but there's a long way for you guys on the path of acceptance. Sure, you can not choose DOA to be accepted as a proper fighting game and same with the community, but you probably want to build up numbers.

thumbs_066063-rounded-glossy-black-icon-people-things-baby.png

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
That's a big ask, Rikuto. Rather not derail into that historical discussion and all the contentious arguments attached.

Manny is doacentral now. I really don't see the difference. But you're right, it's a big ask and one I do not expect he has enough integrity to follow through on. That's exactly why I put it out there.

Anyway I won't be updating my bookmarks, mostly because its doac and really, who is even going there anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD