Does anyone else think Microsoft and Sony Console owners should be able to cross play?

gamemaster14

Now I could understand 360 players not being able to play with ps4 players or ps3 players not being able to play with Xbox One players but wouldn't it make sense if Xbox 360 owners and Xbox One owners can cross play or PS3 and PS4 Players could cross play? My only guess is the online systems are too different.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
My best guess: Dealing with console exclusive content made it too difficult to handle from a certain perspective. There are probably other reasons too, like just not enough time to research and implement it given their deadlines.

Here's hoping for some PC <-> PS4 cross play though lol.

Mokyu

Microsoft mentioned cross-play between systems is against their policy. Square Enix has been trying to persuade them differently so they could publish FFXIV for XB1, but it's just a derailed train now

d3v

OP is talking about cross play between last gen and current gen versions (which GGXrd has). Sadly, exclusive content on the current gen versions (stage and future DLC) means that this won't happen.

31gma

I can see cross-platform compatibility with PC & PS4, Skullgirls does it with PC & PS3. With the current state of DOA5LR, cross-platform play for the PS4/XBone would spell disaster with Microsoft's shitty netcode.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD