Does the PS3 version run at a higher resolution?

DR2K

I swear the picture is much clearer on PS3 than 360. Anyone with both version see a difference?

synce

Nope, never noticed anything. Actually haven't yet played a game that I'd immediately say looks inferior on one console without having to look at side-by-side shots. It's usually things like framerate or screen tearing that stick out to me

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The game isn't running at a higher resolution. It does use different lighting however.

The xbox version is much brighter, so a lot of the small details can't be seen as easily ironically enough.

The PS3 version has darker darks, so skin, clothing, and environmental details which would normally stand out on their own appear much more prominent.

The easiest way to see this is to go to the bottom level of scramble on both systems. It is very apparent there.

Raansu

Only thing I ever noticed was the ps3 version looks "zoomed in" because the ps3 doesn't upscale like the 360 does.

DR2K

The game isn't running at a higher resolution. It does use different lighting however.

The xbox version is much brighter, so a lot of the small details can't be seen as easily ironically enough.

The PS3 version has darker darks, so skin, clothing, and environmental details which would normally stand out on their own appear much more prominent.

The easiest way to see this is to go to the bottom level of scramble on both systems. It is very apparent there.

That could be it, the darks do seem darker. I know I set both of them to their optimal settings on both systems.

NightAntilli

The resolution is the same. Theoretically anyway. Both run at 720p (max), but the engine supports dynamic resolution, so, if the performance hit is too high, it'll lower the resolution to maintain 60fps. The main difference in graphics between the PS3 and X360 is that the PS3 has sharper textures, while the X360 has better anisotropic filtering. These images reflect it perfectly. Notice Christie's cloths, and notice the floor going to the background. You have to watch them in full size to notice the difference. Ideally open each in a new tab, and then alternate selecting between them. You can also see the texture difference at the flapping thing hanging between Kasumi's legs.

ceb0026f.png

c003a1fb.png

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Right.

Also notice the white reflective "shine" off of Kasumi's leggings is much thinner on the PS3 screenshot.

Direct proof of the lighting change.

shunwong

Looking at those pictures de XBOX360 looks smother and brighter, while de PS3 looks darker and sharper. It's a matter of taste (I personally like the XBOX360 more, at least on that stage) and a matter of what stage is compared.

Chaos

So basiclly both versions have their own strengths and weaknesses, pretty cool when you think about it.

Raansu

Meh, unless its side by side you wont really notice, and really I'll take the "lower resolution" textures on the 360 over the frame delay the ps3 has.

Chaos

Meh, unless its side by side you wont really notice, and really I'll take the "lower resolution" textures on the 360 over the frame delay the ps3 has.
Tell that to the failure company name Sony :( Anyway, since the PSVita's menu is different and it doesn't have the same hardware issue, I'm curious to know if the vita version will have superior controls than the PS3 verison?

dawnbringer

Tell that to the failure company name Sony :( Anyway, since the PSVita's menu is different and it doesn't have the same hardware issue, I'm curious to know if the vita version will have superior controls than the PS3 verison?

Some fighting games are reportedly faster on PS3 than on Xbox 360 by 1 frame.

PS3 version of Guilty Gear XX AC+ has 3 frames of input lag compared to 4 frames on 360 (source).

Keylay

I swear the picture is much clearer on PS3 than 360. Anyone with both version see a difference?

Yea, for some reason the PS3 version looks better to me. I mainly play on the Xbox 360 but when I put in the PS3 version, it looks better to me.

dawnbringer

3 & 4 frame input delay?! That's worse than 1frame. :eek:

Are you sure you understand what input delay is? Don't confuse "1 extra frame" with "3 frames overall".

One frame input delay is impossible on either PS3 or Xbox. Three frames is practically the best possible input delay (~50 ms).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD