Community "Don't think. Feel" The Jann Lee General Discussion Thread

Gurimmjaw

This is great stuff man and opens up more stuff with him. Glad I found it.You can do something like 6h+k , ds k(they hold afterwards) than 8p from back than follow up with a launch or cb or anything else you like.

Darkslay

Once again, found something just like posted before but without them holding and involves 6p+k and you can get 8p on bt from it. 6k and 4k won't work though.

See? i told you 6P+K is awesome since it gives a faint stun, also, remember to end those combos with 4KKP. :p

RyuJin

This is great stuff man and opens up more stuff with him. Glad I found it.You can do something like 6h+k , ds k(they hold afterwards) than 8p from back than follow up with a launch or cb or anything else you like.

The funny thing is I've tried this before BUT it didn't work. After talking with a Silent Legend about it he brought up the fact that the characters walk speed are faster if you start walking during the recovery of the attack. I always tried to walk afterwords causing my walk speed to be to slow ;_;.

Much Love Gurimmjaw for finding this sir.

Darkslay

The funny thing is I've tried this before BUT it didn't work. After talking with a Silent Legend about it he brought up the fact that the characters walk speed are faster if you start walking during the recovery of the attack. I always tried to walk afterwords causing my walk speed to be to slow ;_;.

Much Love Gurimmjaw for finding this sir.
I found that it was something related to your stance actually, lets say you're in closed stance, if you move to the background, you'll walk slowly, and if you walk to te foreground, you'll switch stances and walk faster for a couple frames.
That's just what i've noticed though, i don't know how much of that is actually right but it seems pretty likely.

RyuJin

After testing out the walk around tech...its not as good as I thought. Hear me out on this.

1. It only works if someone holds really late.

2. If you wait to long you miss your change to continue the stun. Even worse you may lose the frame advantage you had. With correct timing you maybe able to at least keep pressure by attacking before the stun has expired.

3. I loved the idea of using 8p from the walk around BUT if they low hold at the time that you were expecting the hold then you are -16~20+.

the 6H+K into walk around is not bad. Just not as strong as I thought it was. I thought you could get a back turn combo no matter at what speed they held.

I like the 6P+K walk around more because if they just do nothing they at can't come out of the stun hitting buttons. The 6P+K stun is in the same boat as 6H+K as far as ways around it. Doing a stun (usually a lift stun) and walking around waiting for a hold is nothing new =(. Its been done since DOA2 at least. It was a bit easier then though. A stun into walk around is something every character can do if they are waiting for a hold.

I'm not saying this is not useful at all BUT it requires conditioning to be effective. Like if you do a lift stun and they are expecting H+K. Most people pause for a bit then hold. Its useful there but just not as a go to thing to do.

Darkslay

After testing out the walk around tech...its not as good as I thought. Hear me out on this.

2. If you wait to long you miss your change to continue the stun. Even worse you may lose the frame advantage you had. With correct timing you maybe able to at least keep pressure by attacking before the stun has expired.

3. I loved the idea of using 8p from the walk around BUT if they low hold at the time that you were expecting the hold then you are -16~20+.

the 6H+K into walk around is not bad. Just not as strong as I thought it was. I thought you could get a back turn combo no matter at what speed they held.

I like the 6P+K walk around more because if they just do nothing they at can't come out of the stun hitting buttons. The 6P+K stun is in the same boat as 6H+K as far as ways around it. Doing a stun (usually a lift stun) and walking around waiting for a hold is nothing new =(. Its been done since DOA2 at least. It was a bit easier then though. A stun into walk around is something every character can do if they are waiting for a hold.

I'm not saying this is not useful at all BUT it requires conditioning to be effective. Like if you do a lift stun and they are expecting H+K. Most people pause for a bit then hold. Its useful there but just not as a go to thing to do.
I found a lot of these points as well, and the prime point is indeed conditioning, however it is a way to do so and i see it more as an option select than a guaranteed setup.

The lift stun is indeed just a hold bait situation, however is the same meta as DOA2 (DOA++ really, since that's where stuns where introduced) onwards with a chance of a huge payout in case the opponent messes up, the fact holds last 30 now frames aids to that.

However with 6P+K and 6H+K is a different story, in the chance the opponent didn't press anything, it opens up his ground game, whether it is with a forcetech or pressure after they tech up, it becomes a very moldeable situation, which is what i like the most about the setup.

In retrospective, the setup should only be like a pocket thing, something that's always on the mind of the JL player yet he doesn't go for it everytime, but that's just the way i see it. I don't know how others might feel about it.

Last edited:

ZakkuRye

Standard Donor

Ryujin is King Lee just saying :)

Lulu

"The server closed the connection unexpectedly."

Why am I being denied access to this awesome tech. :(

God Damn You Youtube !!!! :mad:

Edit: Okay now its working

Godbless You Youtube :oops:

Last edited:

Darkslay

"The server closed the connection unexpectedly."

Why am I being denied access to this awesome tech. :(

God Damn You Youtube !!!! :mad:
Damn, that sucks man, i'll see if i can transcript some of this stuff in another post.

Lulu

Okay so this is something thats been eating away at me for a while now.....
Why is the AI so good at getting up without quick teching ?

I ask because Sarah has a nice force tech set up that doesn't require you to use the Record and Playback Functions..... but for some reason this is extremely hard to pull off with other characters.

Darkslay

Okay so this is something thats been eating away at me for a while now.....
Why is the AI so good at getting up without quick teching ?

I ask because Sarah has a nice force tech set up that doesn't require you to use the Record and Playback Functions..... but for some reason this is extremely hard to pull off with other characters.
There's 2 types of knockdowns in DOA, light knockdowns and hard ones, about 80% forcetech setups in the game can be avoided using quick getups but timing can be more difficult depending on the attack, hard knockdowns are given mostly to heavy weights and grapplers for this reason, so that they guarantee their ground throws and for making forceteching easier to keep momentum, other characters can get hard knockdowns as well but it can be a little trickier and can have more disavantageous results.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD