Eliot 1.03 patch impressions

ScattereDreams

Yeah it said p+k would sit down stun on standing opponents on CH, then it states on CH crouching opponents as well. Very disappointed with that. The move is i18. What the fuck "crouching" attack is slower than that? 10/10 times, players will do 2p.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Might just be placebo but I feel like WR 3P is coming out a hell of a lot smoother since patch.

Yeah it said p+k would sit down stun on standing opponents on CH, then it states on CH crouching opponents as well. Very disappointed with that. The move is i18. What the fuck "crouching" attack is slower than that? 10/10 times, players will do 2p.

Trip with CH 2K then mixup with P+K or 66K into a launch.

This is essentially a way to only have to guess once inside of stun. Been doing similar stuff with Bayman since his original E3 nerf.

You can also use it to diveboard into his 10 hit string if you feel like trolling. Ironically if they try to stagger the P+K stun to prevent launch the troll string is all but guaranteed if you just keep rolling with it. That may have been the intention all along.

ELIOT

• P+K: changed hit reactions from Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns (NOPE!)
  • 33P: changed damage from 10+15 to 13+15.
  • 1K4PP: changed damage from 24 to 20, changed disadvantage on guard from -5 to -12F.
  • 1KP46P: fixed an issue that prevented this move from being performed.
  • Rising P+K: changed disadvantage on guard from GB(-23) to GB(-5F).
  • P+K: changed hit reactions from crouching Counter hit or higher to sit-down stuns
  • Sidestep P: changed damage from 15 to 20
-P+K causing sitdown on both standing and crouching opponents on counter hit is a welcome buff. it gives eliot a solid single strike midpunch sitdown stun to work with plus on hit it will guarantee the followup 2nd hit of all his P+K string variations so opponents cant immediately hold after getting hit by P+K

-33p causing 3points more damage was a worthless buff as the move is trash overall with it being slow, not giving any decent launch height and can be countered by 2 different holds inputs

-1k4pp being nerfed doesn't really change anything as the strings only use was to get eliot in backturned stance for mixups after 1k4p

-1kp46p is technically a new move since it never existed so don't know what they're talking about it being prevented. either way its another string that eliot can guardbreak from and negates the 1k4pp nerf

-wakeup P+K getting buffed and not leaving him completely helpless on block is a welcome but non game changing buff. don't know wtf they were thinking making a guardbreak -23

-sidestep P buff is also worthless and doesn't really effect anything as the attack itself is garbage and eliots better off using sidestep k

overall hes essentially the same and this patch doesn't really do crap to boost him from anything but low tier
I'm sure you noticed by now that the first P+K buff he was suppose to get is N/A, I think TN cheated Eliot of a wonderful buff, the fact that it only creates sit down stun off crouching foes on counter hit isn't very reliable, I noticed some other things they didn't do but hey, what can you do really, except tell TN they failed on certain notes...

Belinea

Having finally got a chance to play him in 1.03 I have to say I'm horribly disappointed. The changes to the ground system have really damaged him as a character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD