Community Eliot Conquers Christie

Top%203_zpsslzkkwdx.jpg

For Last Round, Summer Jam 9 has concluded, and XcaliburBladeZ reigns supreme as the SJ Champion! He was able to capture back his championship by defeating Kwiggle's: Rachel, Phase 4 and Christie all with Eliot.

Though young bladez has won with the ambitious blonde at Summer Jam before, he took that character to the extreme for Last Round in clutch sets throughout the entire tournament utilizing the speed, combos and stun game of Eliot. He sent Kwiggle to loser bracket before winner finals, and also defeated MC Static and Master in fantastic matches.

The bar was certainly raised at Summer Jam this year with all kinds of "heavy-hitters" and "death pools." Though the entry was free, we still had 99 players compete. It's good to see that DOA is still holding the interest of crowds as well. The combination of matches, players, interactions from the crowd, the taunting and a classic Lopedo meltdown created a spectacle that will not be forgotten by the community.

XcaliburBladeZ20SJ209_zpsdoarrpe3.jpg

I suppose one could say Summer Jam has always been a hit for DOA though. The pre-launch tournament, won by Lopedo, kind of created some hope for me that DOA would go somewhere offline. We also witnessed XcaliburBladeZ surprise us all with Eliot last year. Now the streak so many have wanted to see conquered has been brought down; a monumental moment in our tournament history. Props to Kwiggle for keeping such a long streak with his wide assortment of characters!

Check out the entire Top 16 bracket at BigE's Challonge, and if you missed the tournament check out the past broadcasts for Team Sp00ky. The current Battle Royal 2015 standings for points can be found on this handy spreadsheet, thanks to @VirtuaKazama. Congrats, XcaliburBladeZ!

Summer20Jam20920Results_zpsjmjuhcas.jpg

Last edited:
Great job to everyone who made it to top 8. You all really bring out the best in the game's design and showcase it's strengths. Each tournament gets more and more hype as you guys continue to surprise me and show growth even at the highest levels of play.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD