Eliot's Parry Followups

x Sypher x

Please list all of the guaranteed/recommended followups after a successful parry in this thread. I read the Strategy Guide and it said you can land a guaranteed :3::3::P: launcher after a successful parry. Can someone confirm this or even provide video proof? It seems a little slow for it to be guaranteed. I actually tried it once and it got held, and i was sure i timed it right. Does it only work on Hi Counter? Was it changed? Also, is this the only guaranteed launch? I can imagine :8::K: would work too since it's faster. Please post your thoughts. Even combos after parry would be greatly appreciated, and when to use the parry.

Instant3p

Please list all of the guaranteed/recommended followups after a successful parry in this thread. I read the Strategy Guide and it said you can land a guaranteed :3::3::P: launcher after a successful parry. Can someone confirm this or even provide video proof? It seems a little slow for it to be guaranteed. I actually tried it once and it got held, and i was sure i timed it right. Does it only work on Hi Counter? Was it changed? Also, is this the only guaranteed launch? I can imagine :8::K: would work too since it's faster. Please post your thoughts. Even combos after parry would be greatly appreciated, and when to use the parry.
:8::K: can easily be blocked. I find :9::K::K: guaranteed and you can easily follow it up with a combo. Use the parry when you throw out an unsafe move. Usually people will try to crush with a mid so that's where the mid parry comes in handy. I can run some mirrors if you want to learn something.

x Sypher x

:8::K: can easily be blocked. I find :9::K::K: guaranteed and you can easily follow it up with a combo. Use the parry when you throw out an unsafe move. Usually people will try to crush with a mid so that's where the mid parry comes in handy. I can run some mirrors if you want to learn something.

Yeah I noticed most people prefer :9::K::K: as a follow up. Is it really guaranteed? I thought the second kick can be held, unless it's a natural combo. And sure, I'll hit you up on that.

DontForkWitMe

9kk is not guaranteed with the 2nd kick being counterable. in fact eliot gets no launcher at all on any of his parries and only strikes that are 15frames or less are guaranteed (minus his 9frame with its worthless reach)

x Sypher x

9kk is not guaranteed with the 2nd kick being counterable. in fact eliot gets no launcher at all on any of his parries and only strikes that are 15frames or less are guaranteed (minus his 9frame with its worthless reach)

Well fuck that sucks, TN must have changed it before release. I remember Dr Dogg used to brag about it at Season's Beatings. Oh well, Eliot is still pretty solid though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD