Ever had an entire lobby leave cuz you wooped them all?

extravagant

This happens to me a lot, not all the time but many times I'll come into a lobby with like 7 or 8 people, and after beating all of them at least once next thing you know I'm transferred over as host and nobody is joining my game.

WTF where's all the competition??

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Well I just wanted to see if other ppl been through the same xD there's nothing else to talk about anyway!
There's plenty to talk about.

For example... have you ever taken an opportunity to tell some of those people you've beaten about FSD?

Rapham0n

This happens to me a lot, not all the time but many times I'll come into a lobby with like 7 or 8 people, and after beating all of them at least once next thing you know I'm transferred over as host and nobody is joining my game.

WTF where's all the competition??

Did you read the lobby name before joining? Was it something like "Beginners only" or "Playing for fun" or "Intermediates"? Not everyone is interested in competition. And not everyone appreciates being ROFL-stomped. Maybe you joined a group of people that only wanted to play for fun, and when they saw you came in meaning business you scared them off.

David Gregg

This happens frequently to many people on this site but they don't create threads about it they'll usually leave a comment in a thread which is the point I was making. The solution is to play against those who are close to your own skill level. A lot of the pro lobbies tend to be private but if you search close enough I'm sure you'll find one (also there are plenty of players on this site who you can have some good matches with).

Rapham0n

This happens frequently to many people on this site but they don't create threads about it they'll usually leave a comment in a thread which is the point I was making. The solution is to play against those who are close to your own skill level. A lot of the pro lobbies tend to be private but if you search close enough I'm sure you'll find one (also there are plenty of players on this site who you can have some good matches with).

THIS^^.

IMHO games like DOA5U are way more fun when you are playing with people that are (more or less) on the same skill level as you. It doesn't matter what level of player you are, (beginner, intermediate, advanced or elite), in my experience the most fun you will have is with people of the same skill level as you. It's best to find a few people who are on the same level as you and then form a group so that you can always play private matches together.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I remember right before Ultimate came out I cleared a lobby by asking some randoms to stop using mics. I even went so far as to label the lobby "no mics". I wish lobbies were more like blazblue's where you could disable mic usage altogether.

I've never cleared a lobby by beating everyone. But, I find that people are less inclined to hang around a Winner Stays lobby if the person is wrecking the whole lobby. Sometimes I think people find it less fun to have to wait until that person gets bored with winning and leaves.

I understand you can only get better by fighting those more skilled than you, but the bottom line of the game is to have fun and let's face it. Not everyone enjoys losing. So that's probably why they leave the lobby, looking for someone more their skill level. I do the same. I'd rather fight a fight I know I have a chance, than to lose 15 times in a row. And I've done that too many times to count haha.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I understand you can only get better by fighting those more skilled than you, but the bottom line of the game is to have fun and let's face it. Not everyone enjoys losing.
It's not so much about losing as it is people rubbing it in and treating you like shit because you lost, especially when you did nothing to cause people to act volatile. No bragging, no boasting, no being an asshole online, nothing. As someone who has experienced this both online and offline, I understand why some feel that way.

It's not so much about losing as it is people rubbing it in and treating you like shit because you lost, especially when you did nothing to cause people to act volatile. No bragging, no boasting, no being an asshole online, nothing. As someone who has experienced this both online and offline, I understand why some feel that way.

I can agree with that Awesmic. Unfortunately that does happen.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I actually like playing against people who are way better than me. Like people who would win 99 out of 100 games. If they'll play me, I'll always go back for more. I'll keep replays and stuff and see exactly why I'm not winning. I have terrible execution and even worse reactions so I have to lab monster it up and play smarter to win, and that's fine.

What I have an issue with is when people realize they win 99% of the time and then change the way they play. I've seen people play really solid the first few games, then start doing dumb shit that's obviously not what they'd do in a real match. Obviously I mainly have problems with people who do it to troll, but I don't like it when the other guy is "being nice" and essentially giving mercy rounds either. If one person is playing seriously, both should be. Taunting is more respectful than not giving someone a real match.

EDIT: Oh, but I'm fine with actually not giving people a match. Time is limited and if someone wants to only play people at a similar skill level, that's cool.

EDIT: Also fine with spamming the same gimmick or mixup if the other guy doesn't know how to deal with it.

Last edited:

Darth Lotonic X

Regular occurrence for me on the rare occasion that I play this game. I only play this game at night though, so I imagine that there are other factors involved in the clearing of lobbies.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD