EVO Lineup Tomorrow (February 6th in America)--- DoA5U??

extravagant

You guys think DoA5U is gonna make it on the list of game's roster for EVO tomorrow?

This game has grown pretty good ever since Ultimate update, right??

Nobus3r1

Who knows (but probably not). In theory there are three games from last year that, based on attendance, should get the boot. Those being Street Fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Honestly (sadly) only two games are guarenteed in Ultra Street Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. One would hope that King of Fighter XIII gets back in as even with decreased attendance it's a very popular game internationally AND has provided, IMO, the hypest top 8 two years in a row. It is also probably safe to assume that M$ has slipped the right people enough money and that Killer Instinct will get in there. After that who knows.

Do we know how many "main" games there are going to be?

FakeSypha

No, I don't think DOA has any chance to be at EVO this year.

I do hope at least one fucking 3D fightan gets in, tho. Last year TTT2 was the only with an official tournament at EVO. They got the worst streams with shit ass 4G connections lagged by people using facebook and whatnot. I't was painful to watch overall.

David Gregg

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. This was a voting poll done back in December that I saw on Event Hubs. The results don't mean anything, but in terms of what people want to see at EVO it doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :/

Which 6 games would you most like to see played at EVO 2014?
1. Ultra Street Fighter 4: 1984 votes / 12.7%
2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 1741 votes / 11.1%
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee: 1716 votes / 10.9%
4. King of Fighters 13: 1459 votes / 9.3%
5. Killer Instinct : 1210 votes / 7.7%
6. Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma: 848 votes / 5.4%
7. Skullgirls: 829 votes / 5.3%
8. Tekken Tag Tournament 2: 769 votes / 4.9%
9. Injustice: Gods Among Us: 685 votes / 4.4%
10. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R: 603 votes / 3.8%
11. Street Fighter X Tekken: 578 votes / 3.7%
12. Persona 4 Arena: 510 votes / 3.3%
13. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012: 501 votes / 3.2%
14. Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 477 votes / 3.0%
15. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix: 391 votes / 2.5%
16. Other: 312 votes / 2.0%
17. Soul Calibur 5: 300 votes / 1.9%
18. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: 290 votes / 1.8% :(
19. Mortal Kombat 9: 258 votes / 1.6%
20. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown: 219 votes / 1.4%

Not sure how "Other" did better than DOA5U but w/e...

mpgeist

Standard Donor
3D fighters in general don't draw, I'm not surprised. It still hurts to see it so far down though. I like that KOFXIII finished higher than Killer Instinct though.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Edit functions are pretty sweet.

Anyway, it'd be really awesome. I'll be there regardless since the chance of KI (my other main game at the moment) making it is very high, but playing both of my favorite fighters would be sweet. Already have my room at Caesar's Palace (because FUCK the LVH; I'll take a cab).

David Gregg

In addition to 5U I really want to see Melee, TTT2 (despite the shitty turn out last year), KI, and am actually interested to see if Skullgirls makes the cut. I never played the game but I remember last year a lot of people thought the game was going to make it.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
Do these side tourneys get recorded? Would love to watch the matches...

I'm not sure if the EVO recognized side tourneys get recorded, however there's nothing stopping us from recording it ourselves. Live streaming might be more difficult.

David Gregg

I attempted to bring up DOA on Twitch. Wasn't the best response but wasn't terrible either. :/

twitch.png

David Gregg

Here's the list (in the order they were announced on Twitch stream):

1) UMVC3
2) USF4
3) Injustice
4) KOF 13
5) KI
6) BlazBlue

- SSBM - did exceptionally well last year but not on list. However, there is a spot on the list for them but they need to figure things out with Nintendo (?). So melee may or may not be added.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD