Final Fantasy Thread

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
In all honestly, do we really NEED yet another arena fighter? Aren't we overshadowed with those as is (thanks DBZ, MHA, JJK, etc.)? I'd rather it be a traditional one instead...

Absolute truth. I'd honestly like to see FF be done by ArcSystem works or something for a traditional one. Ever since the latest JJK game got heavily mixed/negative reviews, I think it's safe to say that some companies should probably just take a break from Arena Brawlers.

These days, it's possible that most of the companies that make them are obligated to do so to fill the quota of: "Here is next anime popular anime, now we make Arena Brawler".

But yeah, arena brawlers being made has been at it for many years, now they are most obvious to it.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So apparently Nomura has an interest to get Dissidia to return. Kinda doubt TN will be brought back due to the criticism they've received in developing the game, but not many companies out there can make an arena brawler either.

That's a damn shame, 'cause in my opinion, NT is way ahead of its time as a team-based arena fighter and - dare I say - the most technically sound.

Its only mistake was not letting the console version having more time to cook as thoroughly as its far more successful arcade version. I think its lifespan would've been so much longer if it had simply implemented a robust LAN feature.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
That's a damn shame, 'cause in my opinion, NT is way ahead of its time as a team-based arena fighter and - dare I say - the most technically sound.

While I somewhat agree (especially since it was more balanced than the old Dissidia games iirc), Dissidia NT was a bit too meta during it's time period. Most abilities to be slotted in were unused and players would pull the plug if teammates didn't run a specific setup, I had a FFXIV buddy that lost interest when he had EX skills slotted in such as "Share Bravery" and "Boon" where both his teammates pulled on him, but the moment I told him to swap to HP regen and Mighty Strikes, they stayed and spammed the character specific "Thank You" emote. It's just the nature of Arena Brawlers. Truth be told, there hasn't been a single balanced one out there and I doubt there will ever be one.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Someone forgot to mention that yes, you can choose to have Tifa and Aerith in bikinis, so I'd say it's a fair trade.

1708748619075.png

UpSideDownGRUNT

In no particular order my faves are:
Eclaire "Lightning" Farron (specifically FFXIII-1), Cloud Strife(Remake/Rebirth ver.), and I really liked Tidus despite everything.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Someone forgot to mention that yes, you can choose to have Tifa and Aerith in bikinis, so I'd say it's a fair trade.

The site I followed which had Tifa's Panty getting cutoff (featured in both Tekken 8 Tifa Guest Character article & FFVII Rebirth removes Tifa's Panties) didn't forget, their article about Tifa's Panty removed (mainly if you were Cloud you get to go into Tifa's room & collect her “orthopedic underwear”) was published by SankakuComplex on Feb 9, 2024 and Tifa & Aerith in Bikinis just came out on Feb 22, 2024.

Another thing having bikinis while taking away content from original FFVII, is a very bad trade.

Bikinis are nice to have (they could easily be things to have if they decide to bring Tifa & Aerith in FF spin offs or other games), but they should be additions not a replacement of removed/censored content from previous games.

The only trades I take game's price tag being expensive like $69.99 (or even higher), Monetization Practices (like $92 Season Passes & Spend $600 on Microtransactions on a Gacha Game to get 1 Outfit behind that paywall), and games that were running on limited budget/resources or commit to asset flips (like buying pre-built assets found in Unreal or Unity Store).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD