Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I have some very unsurprising news for you all regarding FFVII and to some effect, KH3. Final Fantasy VII Remake not coming soon. If you were hoping Final Fantasy VII Remake would be coming out soon, I’m sad to say you will be disappointed. At the companies financial briefing Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda revealed that both Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts 3 are currently slated for release in “fiscal year 2018 and beyond”.

It has also been revealed that Square Enix is “urgently recruiting” for Final Fantasy VII’s internal development team. It was originally reported back in 2015 that Square would be outsourcing much of the game’s production to external company CyberConnect2, however it seems that plan has recently changed.

Naoki Hamaguchi, who previously worked on Mobius Final Fantasy, has reportedly taken a new role on the Final Fantasy VII project. He attributes the move to internal development to “improving quality” and maintaining a “stable schedule”.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/05/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shifts-toward-internal-development/
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fin...ingdom-hearts-3-still-years-away-from-release
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/fin...oving-forward-square-enix-recruiting-urgently
http://www.ff7citadel.com/updates/00000509.shtml

However more footage will be revealed at E3 since I saw this on Twitter:
View attachment 23374

Speaking of which, after checking Yutaka's FB (One of the artists for DOA) he has pictures with two of TN's graphic and character art designers after celebrating+drinking+congratulating, his co-workers will be leaving Team NINJA to work with Square and working on Dissidia project and future games.

Now, I don't know whats really going on at Square Enix behind the scenes...but I find it a strange coincidence that all Nomura lead games (FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFVII Remake) get stuck in development hell for years, while other games outside his influence are coming along just fine.
So now, like when they brought in Tabata for FFXV, they gave Hamaguchi a bigger say to get FFVII Remake back on to track?
Seriously, don't let Nomura be the director of games. He's an accomplished character designer (if you like his particular style), but he's certainly not a good director.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Can't say. You might have to ask Rikuto or something as most of that stuff including the push for mobile gaming by Square is incredibly boring to dig into, as well as being more than director problems I hear. Other than that, wish we have better answers.

For recent news, congratulations to Yutaka's co-workers from TN. They are moving up in the world on joining Square.

Last edited:

SilverForte

I'm just going to pretend 7 remake and kh3 don't exist till we get some actual substantial info. Till then Im just going to focus on zodiac age.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm just going to pretend 7 remake and kh3 don't exist till we get some actual substantial info. Till then Im just going to focus on zodiac age.

You speaking my language. Dissidia (eventually) and Zodiac Age. FFVII is reasonable to the fanbase and I understand their frustration but I love to absorb the tears from it lol especially FF forums, Kingdom Hearts on the other doesn't drastically drag me as a must buy, there's that too I guess *Shrug*.

Last edited:

SilverForte

7 is probably my favorite rpg of all time, but Im not going to whine and cry over this, it will come out when it comes out.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Today's the day to cast them votes for DLC content in FF15.

My vote...

aranea.jpg

Nikotsumi

At this point I don't even wanna see (new E3) trailers for those 2 games.
Personally, I wanna see first KH3 than FVII remake, because of the story and I'm actually playing Aqua's route on BBS right now, which was the only thing I didn't do when I first played the game for some reason.

Also.....
#VoteForIris

SilverForte

Playable Aranea would be fantastic, but I voted for world of ruin. That whole scenario would be interesting. Aranea seems to be one of the more popular options though, so I'm pretty optimistic about her inclusion. Till then I've got my glitch save.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
At this point I don't even wanna see (new E3) trailers for those 2 games.
Personally, I wanna see first KH3 than FVII remake, because of the story and I'm actually playing Aqua's route on BBS right now, which was the only thing I didn't do when I first played the game for some reason.

Also.....
#VoteForIris

Slightly off topic, you should probably get Persona 5 Nikotsumi (unless you played it already). Fun game.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Slightly off topic, you should probably get Persona 5 Nikotsumi (unless you played it already).
Call me crazy but I've pretty much no interest in that game, you know why? Because the HUD/menu style imo is atrocious, which is funny since it's one of the main things I see the game is appreciated for.
Tried the game at a relative's (since I do not own a PS4 yet) and I can't even bear to freaking look at the screen, too much stuff on it. I'm not even that nostalgic for turn-based combat, so yeah.... it's definitely not my thing.
Don't know about the story though.

Juihau

Because the HUD/menu style imo is atrocious, which is funny since it's one of the main things I see the game is appreciated for.
Thank god I'm not the only one. The menus are pretty much the definition of information overload, they're literally my single least favorite part of the game. Rest of the game was super enjoyable, though.

Also, uh, hi guys. I've just been stalking this thread since I've really only played XIV extensively. Great game, that.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Makes sense. I complained about that as well in that Persona thread so I agree. P4 wasn't like that but they decided to clutter the game with it. Why? I have no idea.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Just noticed she's looking into a knife in your avatar not a mirror. oops. Also is that Mila Jovovitch or whatever her name is?

And seriously now that Nomura is off of the project I'm hoping that development actually picks up.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

This is of course a very good thing. The only caveat being we will not get the game until 2020. Of course my first email was vgm2020... not just because I see all, but because I am a prophet of Sephiroth. :p It's technically already a better game than XV just knowing you can switch between characters.

I am playing Final Fantasy VIII in my spare time -- been dealing with a lot lately and somehow Squall's confusion brings me some peace. Forgot how well this game was put together. It's a masterpiece of a game, and it holds up well today, I just think it was slightly misleading for my first playthough because the standard is to level up your characters. This is the first time I've held back on level ups and what a difference.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
By now Dissidia and any news of it is leaving me completely cold. :/ I was really looking forward to it about a year ago, but the fact they don't seem to make any visible progress regarding a console version, is just disheartening. This game is also not coming this year to us, right?
On top of that I'm worried for the console port. Since it basically shares Tekken 7's history of being developed on and for PC architecture, will the console port have to be severely downgraded as well? :( It's in general such a shitty practice to have games for years out in arcades in Japan before a poorly optimized console port comes out for us as an afterthought.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD