Fingercramp’s Dead or Alive 5 Pre-Play

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's how the general competitive fighting game community sees it. They're told it has no depth, don't look for any depth, complain that it was made "easier", don't bother to follow the tutorials that even show some of the basic changes to the game or even want to see a move list.

Expect a lot more videos and articles like it in the future once the game releases.

DriftSlave

=_= you have to take what those idiots say with a grain of salt...>_>' they are usually wrong about alot of things....those SFxTK character tutorials being one of many.

Generally the FGC is open to the idea of DOA, however with shit like this swarming around, no one is going to even bother with the game....and thats unfortunate because that seems to be the new trend of things.....like what happened to SFxTK for example(but gems kinda killed it too >_>').

what you can take away from this is....that DOA5 is in the media's eye now....if that means anything.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Apparently, this video (or should I say propaganda, since it's full of anti-DOA promoting BS) triggered a mob out for blood. Now it seems everyone at SRK has made up their minds about us and the game.

I feared this would happen. Now I have to look over both my shoulders from now on.

DriftSlave

Apparently, this video (or should I say propaganda, since it's full of anti-DOA promoting BS) triggered a mob out for blood. Now it seems everyone at SRK has made up their minds about us and the game.

I feared this would happen. Now I have to look over both my shoulders from now on.

Not everyone on SRK...or the FGC in general have made up their minds on anything yet, this kind of negativity will only hurt this community >_>' It's widely known people don't take shit from FC seriously....and if anything you can voice your opinion about the matter...you know clear the air about this to the community. It beats doing nothing and letting this sit and fester....because people who don't know any better will pass this along as it is the truth....something that shouldn't happen.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Nah, would just promote it even more. Plus, wait for the final game to talk about the system changes. I can tell you right now that the final game will be far different from the alpha build.

PhoenixVFIRE

lol jeez, if you're gonna review the game at least know how to play it to some degree, all I could hear was mash mash mash...haha i did stuff! >_>

My IQ was slowly declining just listening to their voices...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Anyone thought of doing a rebuttal video on this P.O.S.?

working on something ...
but i need some help ...
for anyone with a vast enough knowledge of the game mechanics happy to help out pls send me a PM ..
ill fill you in on what I have panned ...

(better yet if you were london based so we could meet up )

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
If the point of their video was to showcase the players' ignorance then they were successful.

I've moved the discussion of the video into its own thread, as it doesn't really fit into the consolidated feedback thread.

R4712-VR88

Glad to see the video getting hate on both YouTube and SRK.

Pretty funny that the creators haven't said a word about the comments being made to their video.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's a good video...

to see how the average person from the fighting game community will treat DOA5 upon release - regardless of the system changes or depth.

HokutoNoBen

It's a good video...

to see how the average person from the fighting game community will treat DOA5 upon release - regardless of the system changes or depth.
Indeed. Is there really any wonder why some have such a dim view of the Western FGC?

DriftSlave

Indeed. Is there really any wonder why some have such a dim view of the Western FGC?
If it isn't SF.....then yeah, even though Tekken has always been around o_O
Capcom and Namco fighters have always pretty much remained rather consistent with Sega and SNK popping in and out from time to time....thats how it is here in the States -_-'

Point is, the FGC as a whole is large, but the center it seems will always be that of Capcom Fighters with SRK being it's hub and being directly connected to it is the world finals...EVO with that said...other communities have to come together and pretty much "prove" that they have enough people (legit scene) for their game to be at EVO or any other major leading up to it, and afterwards.

In Japan or anywhere else, its different....mostly because non-arcade games usually are not as popular(excpet for SFxTK in Japan) due to events like SBO.

I would be surprised if Tecmo gave it one last shot at the arcade scene with DOA5 but honestly I just want the game to be successful first, then worry about the other stuff later >_>' as SCV and SSF4 didn't need Arcade releases to be competitive fighters...DOA5 can do the same.

HokutoNoBen

If there's anything I think should be cited from the more recent MK(9) example? It's proof positive that you don't HAVE to be defined by, or otherwise "prove your worth" to the Capcom-centric fighting game community, in order to have a worthwhile competitive venue in your own right. You just have to have players willing to, well, play. Hell, even the game's "quality" can play second banana, as long as you have numbers.

Now, that last line wasn't meant to be jab at MK, SFxT, MvC3 or any other major game out there. But at the same time, if quality, or whatever else quantified the notion of what makes for a "good game" really meant that much to the FCG? Chances are, the likes of VF5 would be getting so much more attention than they do currently.

DriftSlave

VF in general never really gets the love it has in it's homeland, more or less because we Americans don't have a solid Arcade scene...I have southtown about 20mins away from me but still, its not there all the time, and im not sure if there are VF5FS cabinets anywhere else in California or on this coast for that matter o_O The game is gold, yet it has a small scene, but if NCR showed me anything this year, to solidified the fact that their is interest in the game.

but MK9 is a good example, hell they are doing pretty well with MLG and stuff, and they do have the numbers to back it up....to say their dying is just wrong >_>' I think SCV is in a similar boat, as it has a growing Scene, they are at majors everywhere, however people say its going to be overshadowed by Tag2 once it's released but I think otherwise...because they both have strong communities(similar communities at that) so I think they will both be around for sometime at least as Namco is backing both games.

This is however something we haven't seen out of Team Ninja....continued support for a title after release ( can't honestly count DOAD's DLC costumes -_-') and the announced DLC for NG3 is just a slap in the face to people so no need to bring that up either. I should say TN needs to do better marketing...nothing wrong with Koei(they hold it down with their warrior series and DLC that's always coming out consistently) and there are good examples out there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD