First DOA game, player and your thoughts !

peachyO

DOA5 is my first DOA game. I started playing it in March of this year. It was on a whim, really. i've been a longtime MK player, and while i still love it, MK9 burned me out. Great game, but my mains all wound up bottom or low-mid tier. And in MK9, lower tier means getting buried under multiple 2-8 or even 1-9 match-ups, and absolutely no realistic shot at tournament viability. And online, MK is absolute A-S-S. For a game with a cast of 32 to be wholly dominated by 5 characters is unacceptable, so i decided to try something new. DOA5 was on sale for $29.99 that week at Gamestop (normally $59.99 at the time) so i figured I would try it. I had always only thought of DOA as a game teenage nerds bought so they could fap to pixellated tits and ass, and for that reason I had always avoided it. If previous DOA games are as good as the current one, then I cheated myself for years by ignoring them. DOA5 made me a fan.

I was immediately drawn to Bass, and he will be my main for all time. I love him, because he's just too...damn...STROOOOONG!!! I know, low tier AGAIN, but i can't help it; I feel you don't pick your main, your main picks you. I also quickly developed a strong liking for Bayman and Gen Fu too. I've even started practicing with two female characters, Christie and Helena (they don't turn me off with little girly voices and snotty attitudes like the rest of the female cast).

I feel DOA5 is the best fighting game there is. Yes, its online is almost as bad as MK's, and I feel there are some frustrating balance issues as well, but overall DOA5 leaves all other fighting games in the dust. SC5 lost me by gutting the single player experience and replacing half the cast with lame, awful new characters. Tekken and Street Fighter have never inspired me to be anything more than a casual fan. I dislike the Mvs.C series, and Injustice is REALLY not my type. DOA has mechanics and strategy that appeal to me, I really like the characters, and best of all, although it's an uphill climb for sure, it seems that even the low tier fighters just might have a shot at winning at a higher level. And, most importantly, the game is really, really fun.

That is all.

Number 13

First picked up DoA2 Hardcore for the PS2 which was one of the bundle of games I got from a friend since he didn't need the games anymore. I picked Ein because he was the karate character and was fun seeing him send people flying with his fists.

Darth Vader

DEAD OR ALIVE 2 for dream cast back in 01 or 02 I believe. my first thoughts was "wow, this game is unlike any other fighter & it's fluid, fun, & fast! with relatable characters & awesome costumes.. I fell in love. " my first main character ever was hayabusa & ein.

Mestizo

Standard Donor
DOAX2! Saw it used at gamestop for 7$ so I picked it up. I figured any game that sexy had to have something going on. Played it and loved my girl Tina. So when DOA5 came out I wanted to give the actual game a shot. I was meh about it at first but my fiance was a DOA2HC vet so she really loved it. We played it together again and I grew a love for the game. Been playing it ever since ^_^

R2Pichu

Well DOA 5 is my very first DOA cus I was looking for a new fighting game
I saw the trailer and I saw Ayane and she was purple and I was like wow that's cute, lemme buy that lol
My impression online was like wow just another fighting game with ppl using last boss characters because the very first match online I had was against Alpha (but I won *flips hair*)
but I quickly realized its not like that n everyone uses every character and I fell in love and had an addiction
The End

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
My first DOA ever was 3. I just picked it up randomly because I just wanted to play anything that existed in the realm of video games at the time. The first character I picked up was Jann Lee. I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan so it was natural who I wanted to play as. Who knows, I may main him again...

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
The first DOA I ever played was DOA3 at a arcade in Kaiserslautern, Germany back in 2002 within a Power Zone store. At the time I was a 6th grader. The very character I picked was Lei Fang. My initial thoughts about the game in general was that it looked really awesome and the graphics were beautiful for it's time.
Some two years later, in Hanau, there was a DOA2 game located within a nice arcade room just outside of the food court right where you walk into the PX on post. There was also a T5 arcade located a few steps away.
The characters I played on DOA2 then were Kasumi, Jann Lee, and Lei Fang. My buddies and pretty had a good ol' time playing T5 and DOA2... we would never leave the arcade!

Good memories... good times...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD