Balance Frame Pauses

HaJiN

I keep becoming more and more dissatisfied with the pauses that are in this game after a character does a move on hit or on block. It is really ruining the fluidity of the gameplay.

Examples:
Helena 2f+k on hit - there is a slight pause that has probably caused the advantage on normal hit to go from +21 to +16. Which means nothing connects for a combo if the opponent slow escapes anymore. Not even 6p.

Sarah: 3pk, 4k, or practically any move that puts her in flamingo there is a weird pause on block, especially after 3pk, despite still being at +3 as before.

Can anyone think of any other examples?
Why is Team Ninja slowing down the flow of the game and doing this?
Most nerfs I can understand and accept (including Helena's ground game and Sarah's frame advantage on block), but this sort of thing I do not like.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I was under the impression that the Sarah thing was to raise the level of execution necessary to play her, but it's honestly not that big of a deal and not a hard adjustment to make, so if that was the intent, it was done terribly. It just makes it feel awkward.

synce

They're just making the buffering more strict. I'd say it's a great idea but I don't like how they're only implementing it for specific characters. Like some of Pai's stuff requires good timing, but with Lisa you can just mash out an entire combo in under a second.

BTW I played a week of 5U then went back to TR and couldn't connect the most basic combos. DOA's lenient buffering really ruins you from other fighting games lol

Dave

I still don't understand what they've done to Sarah. To make it harder to execute things with her? This doesn't make anything harder, it makes it frustrating. It honestly feels and works like a glitch, not a new implemented feature. It leaves her so vulnerable now. In lag, it's even worse. I KNOW I am hitting the correct inputs for her and she still just stands there in flamingo.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I dunno, I don't really have a problem with it. You just can't mash stuff out after all. You still have like at least 10f to input the next move.

RoboJoe

Akira has at least two attacks that have increased recovery on block, but not hit. What is interesting is that the opponent's block stun is increased so that it matches the increase to Akira's recovery and let's him keep the frame advantage he gets. Basically there's no net change in frames from vanilla. You guys should check the other characters who feel weird to see if something similar has happened.

Chapstick

Like some of Pai's stuff requires good timing, but with Lisa you can just mash out an entire combo in under a second.
Eliot's combos are kind of weird like that. The 10-hit one

:P+K::P::P+K::P::K::P::P::P::P+K::P: Or something

You can input it in about 3/4 of a second and just sit back and watch the whole thing play out for 5 seconds.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD