Characters Future DOA games

Marteze

I don't know if there is a thread like this out there but:

The roster is rather large and with a new character being added only a few months after the release of a new game (also Tengu maybe), we can expect a couple more in the works for DOA6. Team Ninja may be trying to grow their roster of characters with uniqueness and diversity, but what if they decide to not add characters in an upcoming title? Such as DOA6? I highly doubt this but if it were the case (as in some Tekken games), which characters do you think they'd decide to keep out? Why?

Rawbietussin

If we took out the VF imports for the next title, the game would have this gender-ratio imbalance issue again about how there would be more girls than guys. Minus Akira, Pai, Jacky and Sarah from the current cast, we would have about 19 girls and 12 guys (but even with them added, it's already an imbalance). We need more testosterone. Don't get me wrong though, I don't mind the girls comprising the bigger end of the roster but it would have been nice if we get a 20:15 (it seems fair) ratio in which DOA6 would introduce only one new female character and 3 more male characters.

Squizzo

Actually it would be 11 guys to 13 girls counting Marie (14 if you count Alpha).

OT: If any characters are likely to get dropped it's Brad and Gen. Just look at the new arcade trailer and see how little screen time Brad, Gen, Eliot and Pai got. Even the other vf characters got more of the spotlight
I was genuinely worried in the run up to doa5 that Brad wouldn't be included because he is so often forgotten by the community.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Oops my bad. My head must be up on the clouds when I was counting. XD

But it's actually a 14:12 ratio. (I say 12 males because I didn't consider Ein and Hayate as 1 entity since they dress differently and have different fighting styles)

FakeSypha

Dropping characters? Sounds like SoulCalibur syndrome, and I'm sure as hell people won't like to see Gen Fu, Brad Wong, or whoever it takes the bullet, gone from the next game's roster. VF characters could not be due to licensing issues, so that's understandable. They'll be missed, tho :(

King Gampo

I would be extremely pissed if they dropped Brad GEN or Eliot. I dont see that happening though. Dropping the three masters would not make very much sense. Also I dont think they have ever dropped a character except Tengu and The spartan chick.

Jaguar360

I think we'll see only Alpha-152 and the Virtua Fighter characters go in DOA6. TN has probably learned to keep Leon and Ein in the roster after DOA5 and Gen Fu has managed to keep himself in the roster for every game thus far, so he shouldn't be going anywhere this time.

Jacnob

I'd imagine that if anyone gets dropped, as Jaguar above me says it'd be Alpha (and maybe the VF guys if TN decides to break off the deal with Sega).

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

I don't want anyone dropped (except Alpha-152 because she has been a boss for 2 tournaments already).

I want the returning characters to partake of the story and be back for good and I don't want offsprings/successors from any of them which would replace the original characters in the next tournaments. (even if I'm seeing signs from the story saying that they might give up like Bass' retirement and Gen Fu teaching Xing Yi Liuhe Quan to Eliot)

Kronin

For DoA6 I don't want any DoA/NG characters from DoA5U dropped, neither Alpha152: the fact that TN worked on her and that has an unique style of fighting it's exactly the same reason because Tengu would need to return in DoA5 before all the other characters left out (that with the partial exception of Raidou, in the end were overall clones of already existing ones).

Personally I hope that DoA6, in addition to new characters, could include at least:
  • All the 26 TN's characters from DoA5U (Rachel and Momiji should be considered part of the cast exactly like Ayane in NG)
  • The return of Tengu (a completely unique character already included in 2 games of the main series)
  • The new entry Irene (I'm fond of her, TN seem to be the same and more I saw that many fans requested her).
Of course I would love to get a balance between male and female characters (Hayashi said that one of the reasons because Jacky was preffered to Eileen or Aoi was also the already big presence of female characters in the DoA5U roster), and the return of some characters from Dimensions if they could be changed enough to not be considered clones (however I think that Raidou is already perfect like he is currently, considering that he is part of the mimic kind of characters), but I would be already satisfied with the three points that I mentioned over.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Actually it would be 11 guys to 13 girls counting Marie (14 if you count Alpha).

OT: If any characters are likely to get dropped it's Brad and Gen. Just look at the new arcade trailer and see how little screen time Brad, Gen, Eliot and Pai got. Even the other vf characters got more of the spotlight
I was genuinely worried in the run up to doa5 that Brad wouldn't be included because he is so often forgotten by the community.
Brad Wong is forgotten by the community?

I thought for sure it was some community members.

Crext

Standard Donor
I'm just starting to worry about the integration of the existing characters. I for one didn't play the xbox DoA's as much, nor 3DS dimensions. For me some character just fell off in the story, counting Kokoro, Lisa and so on.

So I feel that DoA6 needs is a solid story more than anything in order to grow. The best selling fighters (not to be confused with the best fighters) has a very good story, and makes "a new game every time", as in they reintroduce the cast in a way that both old and newcomers get an idea as for their identity. This shouldn't be hard in DoA with their lovely diverse personalities. It may also be particular important here considering they don't have starpower like the DC comic or long history legacy. Mortal Kombat and Injustice has done this very well. Another technique or alternative is giving many different taunts, entry and finishing poses. This tells a lot about the character.

Also I agree with the girl/boy ratio being somewhat close.

Currently it is 15 girls :14 boys, counting Ein/Hayate as 2 persons (it might happen) and alpha as a girl. If the VF characters vanish it is down to 13:12. Then again the girls most likely bring in more cash, considering they get more costumes and DLC. So I'd expect TN to bring in more girls than guys next round.

If you give alpha 152 a male form as well, you cheat and make it 12,5:12,5 as a basis.

However, I actually don't think the VF characters will vanish. I think both DoA and VF gain benefits with a small "demo window" of characters between themselves. Because if I ever manage to do any of the VF characters well in this game I'd probably buy the next VF, and so on.

I also think they'd want to bring in a guest character from some other series. It often help both parties, and TN has been doing it a lot lately, and they should, as they are not the powerhouses Capcom, Nintendo or Netherealm. I don't view it as unlikely to band an alliance with KoF and maybe bring in characters like:

Kdashkofxiii.gif
Kyokofxii.gif
Terrykofxii.gif
Athenakofxii.gif

Maihigh.jpg

Why did Mai's image get so much larger?!

Anyways, KoF is not the only series of fighters they may bring in an alliance with.

Skullgirls I am pretty sure would be in awe of any such opportunity, though they might be a little small as of now.

You also have Soul Calibur, which is known for bring in guest characters themselves.

Characters easy to implement (as their style is close to fist fighting):

2985565362_34dfbb3e28_z.jpg

Ye, was going to do more, but seem to be out of picture, but you get the point. :p

Anyways, alliances is good and all, but doing 2 new original characters would be good as well, one of each gender! :p

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The VF characters are fun for being guest characters, but they shouldn't be in any future installments. The roster should be chosen according to events of the story. Gen Fu shouldn't be there because he doesn't fight in the tournaments anymore and he's teaching Eliot his style. Alpha-152 should be gone because the ninja finally killed her. But that's only if TN wants to continue including a story mode and trying to give this game a story. VF gets away with having the same cast and adding two new characters each iteration because they don't focus on the backstory, just the fighting. I also like fighting games that do generational shifts, but DOA isn't a series that really needs one yet.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
what characters are in should not be dictated by a story know one cares about
All I'm saying is that since TN did a story mode, the roster should fit accordingly. But more than likely, all of the DOA5U cast will be in DOA6, minus the VF characters and probably Alpha for the new boss character.

Rawbietussin

I forgot about WO2U having Sophitia included. Maybe we might get her for DOA6 as well. That is if Bamco and Koeitec are good friends now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD