Gen Fu - 1.03 Changes

shunwong

There aren't many changes, which is good.

The extra frame of recovery for 33P. Does it affect the "unscapable" Counter hit 3PP 33P Critical Burst set up? I have seen the critical burst held sometime (a youtube video of smithy in one of the NY gatherings for example) so it was already possible to slow escape (although very difficult).

What are your opinions on the other changes? The lack or reduction of wall blow back for those two moves is good right?

2K: changed to standing status.
2P+K: removed wall blow back.
9K, sidestep K: changed wall blow back distance from 2.5 to 1.5m.
33P: lengthened recovery from 18 to 19F.

2K having been given a standing status means it no longer crushes high attacks. Since it stuns on CH; the ability to avoid high attacks, stun the opponent, and be in position to use his best launcher (imo) is a loss. Not to be overlooked is, since it's -6 on hit, it is now throw-punishable by Ryu

I personally think removing the wall blow back for 2P+K is a plus. Now I can launch, then, plaster my stunned foe all over the wall.

Change number 3 keeps the Soha-reset in play longer. Which is always a good thing.

The last change is what you mentioned in your OP. It's not a problem.

Gen Fu is still a force.

phoenix1985gr

I think standing status means it doesnt evade oh but the crush frames are intact... For ex leis 1p or 1p+k is a high/mid crush move but it cant crush oh, while 2h+k does

shunwong

phoenix1985gr said:
I think standing status means it doesnt evade oh but the crush frames are intact... For ex leis 1p or 1p+k is a high/mid crush move but it cant crush oh, while 2h+k does

Er, please explain. This is not clear.

phoenix1985gr

2k changed to standing status it doesnt mention frames at all so im saying it might still crush highs but get beat from oh (sometimes even throws... leifangs 1p+k wont crush shinning wizard for ex)

Ok i ll try... lei fangs 1p+k (the move she goes all the way back and then lunges her arms forward, the GB move im sure you all now it...) is a high crush move meaning at some frames it will evade highs... high oh though will beat it because she isnt considered crouching...

1p is the same it crushes at some frames (not sure when) highs and mids but standing oh beat it...

2h+k on the other hand the low kick she has that gives a small stagger on hit crushes high strikes, standing throws and standing offensive holds... Because shes in crouching state (low oh beats it for ex)

Am i more clear now? (im not even sure if this is the case im speculating here)

shunwong

phoenix1985gr said:
2k changed to standing status it doesnt mention frames at all so im saying it might still crush highs but get beat from oh (sometimes even throws... leifangs 1p+k wont crush shinning wizard for ex)

Ah ok. OH - ofensive hold

We will see when the patch is released

phoenix1985gr

I'm not well versed in OH usage but, I thought low attacks beat high OHs.

Yeah what i meant to say is that not all high crush moves beat them... so gens 2k could still be a high crush but not considered standing attack (like punish with standing throws instead of low throws and the example with the offensive holds)

Marcio

Has anyone tested yet if the added recovery frame affects Fu's 3PP, 33P, CB combo?
Can the CPU SE out of it?

Has anyone tested yet if the added recovery frame affects Fu's 3PP, 33P, CB combo?Can the CPU SE out of it?
I didn't bother to see if the dummy could SE the attack. However, I can tell you that an extra frame of recovery has been added to the hit and block frames.

reese

This just means he's even more deadlier in the wrong hands....My hands lol Changes or not I will still use him to his full potential

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD