General tactics against characters

E_Westra

Hello, I'm new to the forums and an avid Brad Wong player. I've tried looking through the match-up thread (which is a cluster-f**k of discussions and sometimes poorly explained opinions) and various character sections, but I can't find much in depth information about how Brad can hold up against others and most importantly, how.

I've been playing online most of the time (almost nobody to play offline with in my area) and enjoying myself but most of my losses seem to be accounted for by only three characters:

Helena, Lei-Fang and Ayane.

Now I know that Brad is all about setting the flow of the game and keeping the opponent guessing, but sometimes I can't get it going against those three. So I'm looking to more experienced players to see if you have tips and tricks for playing against these characters and maybe we can set up a comprehensive list for all characters how to exploit certain weak points with Brad.

Tones

Premium Donor
Got any videos of the losses?

Ayane's - the toughest match up out of the three IMO. Focus on pressuring with your mix ups and crushes close up.

Helena - She's fast with her mix ups. Try to not get into her close up game. I suggest look to get hit out of BT f+k and HS.

Lei Fang - She's slow and her long attacks are very easy to sidestep. Use your ranged game against her, and if she gets close up Brad's close up tools game isn't too far off.

E_Westra

Unfortunately I do not have any recent videos, nor do I know how to get them from xbox to PC other than using my phonecam. But thanks for the tips, time to go into training mode to try a few things.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD