Getting back into DOA. Should I buy Doa 6? Is it better than Doa 5.

Just as the title says. I tried to learn Doa 5 but was probably late to the party as I've bought it quite late in its lifecycle. People from this forum praised Doa 5 for being better than its predecessors, being more competitive and less casual.

Is the same true for Doa 6? Is it an improvement over Doa 5, or did regress quite a bit, and became less competitive and more casual, unlike Doa 5? Should I buy it?

Thanks.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Just as the title says. I tried to learn Doa 5 but was probably late to the party as I've bought it quite late in its lifecycle. People from this forum praised Doa 5 for being better than its predecessors, being more competitive and less casual.

Is the same true for Doa 6? Is it an improvement over Doa 5, or did regress quite a bit, and became less competitive and more casual, unlike Doa 5? Should I buy it?

Thanks.
If you want a more fresh version of DOA6 I would say buy it. It's gameplay wise and graphically(for the most part) better than DOA5 and easier to get into since since the stun system is toned down and the game feels alot more solid but it does seems half finished and not so good in areas like the ground game and it has a few bugs and glitches here and there but they're working to patch those out

As long as you're ok with the lack of base game content and how they're unlocked and the lackluster DLC I would definitely get it over DOA5, or even get Core Fighters the free version if you want to sort of dip your feet in before buying it fully

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
At this point I would say DOA5 is the better game. More complete roster, better graphics, more stages.

The gameplay debate isn't difficult either... DOA5 will hold your interest longer.

I'm not saying 6 is a terrible game, but I don't think it will be on DOA5s level until an Ultimate version comes out.

Last edited:

Moneyspider_Todd

download core fighters. actually is pretty cool that instead of 4 ninjas the base characters is more diverse (kasumi, bass, hitomi and diego).
i would not say it is bad but it needs polish and some stuff back (is the first doa without any kind of multiman battle aside of survival, so if you liked tag battle or team battle... not here). i've already brought 5 characters (tina, mariposa, honoka, phase 4, mai) but i lost interest few days ago when i got back into DOA4.

Dr PaC

download core fighters. actually is pretty cool that instead of 4 ninjas the base characters is more diverse (kasumi, bass, hitomi and diego).
i would not say it is bad but it needs polish and some stuff back (is the first doa without any kind of multiman battle aside of survival, so if you liked tag battle or team battle... not here). i've already brought 5 characters (tina, mariposa, honoka, phase 4, mai) but i lost interest few days ago when i got back into DOA4.
Agreed. Download Core Fighters if you're looking to dip your toes and see. I do prefer DOA6 over DOA5LR, but content wise DOA5LR stomps. But DOA6 will get better down the line, just like DOA5 did. No one should forget DOA5 vanilla wasn't great off the jump either.

At this point I would say DOA5 is the better game. More complete roster, better graphics, more stages.

The gameplay debate isn't difficult either... DOA5 will hold your interest longer.

I'm not saying 6 is a terrible game, but I don't think it will be on DOA5s level until an Ultimate version comes out.
Regarding the ultimate version. If I buy Doa6 deluxe(i believe) woulddo I have to buy the Ultimate version again, or all I have to do is to download it as an update?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DOA5LR is a by far better package than DOA6 right now. It's superior in basically every aspect, even visually, as strange as that may sound.

Regarding the ultimate version. If I buy Doa6 deluxe(i believe) woulddo I have to buy the Ultimate version again, or all I have to do is to download it as an update?

No one yet knows if there will be a DOA6U and what kind of update that would be. Also DOA6 Deluxe Edition just refers to the base game with extra cosmetic stuff. It is not an updated/improved version of DOA6.

PhoenixVFIRE

Tbh, i kinda regret buying doa6... i just feel like the entire special attack system is unnecessary and ruined the creativity of combos(phase 4 technically got a damage buff, but at the expense of ruining any interesting combos lol). If you're interested in seeing the same combo 400 times in a row, then doa6 is for you.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Tbh, i kinda regret buying doa6... i just feel like the entire special attack system is unnecessary and ruined the creativity of combos(phase 4 technically got a damage buff, but at the expense of ruining any interesting combos lol). If you're interested in seeing the same combo 400 times in a row, then doa6 is for you.

I like to grab my opponents and shake 'em up, but I feel ya.

Ivan

I still play and i have more fun with doa5lr or i play other fgs instead,but i dont considere myslef as a doa tourney player anymore all thanks to doa6...

All i wanted was a true sequel to doa5lr with a even better and more polished gameplay,moves etc.. but instead TN made a cash grab game,a dumbed down and boring version of doa5 with crutch mechanics
no more SE,fucked up stun game,no more launcher lvls,less things to learn,no good ground game,less variety etc...seriously no way doa6 is better

Crutch mechanics

Fatal Rush/Fatal Sit Down Stun is your discount Critical Burst with almost no need for stun game

Break Blow almost the same thing as a Power Blow,but way more faster with Sabaki propriety and + on guard(they should give a guaranted hit on block to make it even more brainless)

Break Hold your "I dont want to guess option" that switch side and leave you at +

I did all my best to support doa5 be it at events(promoting the game),hosting offline sessions,helping new players offline and online etc...because i like doa5 and it is good game unlike doa6

there is absolutely nothing that i like in doa6 over doa5,really nothing

I play doa6,only to support the french community, i dont care about the WT or the tourneys for doa6(maybe when TN will do something and will make the game as good as doa5lr...at least thanks to doa6 i have more free time lol)

No doa6 is not a good game and certainly not a good sequel to doa5lr,feel more like a kusoge(the perfect word to discribe my feeling for doa6) to me than a true sequel to doa5lr

Last edited:

moumoua

I still play and i have more fun with doa5lr or i play other fgs instead,but i dont considere myslef as a doa tourney player anymore all thanks to doa6...

All i wanted was a true sequel to doa5lr with a even better and more polished gameplay,moves etc.. but instead TN made a cash grab game,a dumbed down and boring version of doa5 with crutch mechanics
no more SE,fucked up stun game,no more launcher lvls,less things to learn,no good ground game,less variety etc...seriously no way doa6 is better

Crutch mechanics

Fatal Rush/Fatal Sit Down Stun is your discount Critical Burst with almost no need for stun game

Break Blow almost the same thing as a Power Blow,but way more faster with Sabaki propriety and + on guard(they should give a guaranted hit on block to make it even more brainless)

Break Hold your "I dont want to guess option" that switch side and leave you at +

I did all my best to support doa5 be it at events(promoting the game),hosting offline sessions,helping new players offline and online etc...because i like doa5 and it is good game unlike doa6

there is absolutely nothing that i like in doa6 over doa5,really nothing

I play doa6,only to support the french community, i dont care about the WT or the tourneys for doa6(maybe when TN will do something and will make the game as good as doa5lr...at least thanks to doa6 i have more free time lol)

No doa6 is not a good game and certainly not a good sequel to doa5lr,feel more like a kusoge(the perfect word to discribe my feeling for doa6) to me than a true sequel to doa5lr
Me too. I love doa5lr.
Doa6 is shit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD