Fixed Having problems accessing site

Gurimmjaw

Hello Im having a real problem accessing the site. If I go to home or forum section this here pops up:

FAibvQk.png

This happens when I go to http://www.freestepdodge.com or http://www.freestepdodge.com/forums/

Every section seems to be working fine except for going to home and forums.

@Mr. Wah
@CyberEvil
@Brute

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Both are up and fine for me and there's nothing off about your account. Can you log out and see if the same thing happens? If it does it is likely something on your end. If not then Mr. Wah will have to take a look. I had a few issues with the site yesterday but nothing today.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've been having the same issue for the past three days but it's on and off. I found that giving it an hour or so works

Brute

Standard Donor
Same issue has been happening to me, actually, and I have no idea why. Same two pages bug out, while all others are fine.

What browser are you using? I'm using Google Chrome.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Typically can happen if you catch it doing a backup of the database server, which happens between the 11am to 1pm range.

Also, see if it happens for http://www.doa.expert though I expect you'd see the same issue.

My initial checks at the server log are inconclusive but suggest it might have something to do with the front page portal (or one of it's side bar modules) Potentially displaying bad syntax. (The forum home page and the site home page both are the only areas that show those side bar items). I'd have to disable them one by one once we have an instance where it is happening repeatedly. My initial thoughts is either the Stream module or the Media module

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Both are up and fine for me and there's nothing off about your account. Can you log out and see if the same thing happens? If it does it is likely something on your end. If not then Mr. Wah will have to take a look. I had a few issues with the site yesterday but nothing today.

I don't think it on my end as the same issue happens when im using someone elses computer or accessing the site through a mobile device. Though currently right now the issue seems to be gone for the time being.

I've been having the same issue for the past three days but it's on and off. I found that giving it an hour or so works

Yeah it is looking that way, I have had problems accessing the site for a few days when im trying to go to home or forum section on the site but everything else always works fine just going to home and forum the problems happen at.

Same issue has been happening to me, actually, and I have no idea why. Same two pages bug out, while all others are fine.

What browser are you using? I'm using Google Chrome.

Yeah, it is weird that this happens and just happens when going to these two pages but others are just fine.

And same. I'm using Google Chrome.

Brute

Standard Donor
Just happened at 6:07 - 6:08 PM (PST). It returned quickly, however, and I wasn't able to test the .expert page(s).

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm still looking into the issue. Have done some stuff that (hopefully) will give me more information the next time it happens.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I believe I've narrowed it down to a few possible modules on the front page side bar that cause this. Note, this issue I believe won't happen on any page but the forum index and the front page. I've removed all potential problematic modules for now and will slowly integrate them back in. So let me know if you see it happen as that will help me out in determining which module is at fault.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD