Having problems with the VB body

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
For step 2, I'm pretty sure that the DoA6 format for the textures is dxt1. Right? If so, then they're already that format. I'm not too clear on the separate boobs part in step 4. Do you mean join the boobs together and separate from the body or separate from each other (left and right) and the body? Also for step 4, the weight transfer between cloth boob parts to the clothes boob parts has me confused. Lastly for step 4, the weight transfer involves the very dark blue meshes were you paint on the meshes' surface and get that kind of thermal image look, right? Also, I was watching a YouTube video about weight transferring and it involved using an armature, but the G1M doesn't have one. For step 5, I should join the fresh unmodded G1M with the nude boobs and then separate them again? I apologize for my stupidity. And unfortunately I got an python error message when I tried to add the soft body plugin
No by format you need to get a doa6 texture map, and then erase all of the textures and paste the other textures you're gonna port in on there, resizing the textures may be needed to ensure they fit. That format you're using is just when you save it, but that can be used although I use a higher quality DXT so the texture will look better in game

For the boobs, you have to separate the boob mesh from the rest of the clothes in the xps mesh. Basically go in edit mode, use a select method to choose only the boob parts and then separate them so you can join them with the doa6 standard clothed boob meshes

Yeah the weight paint involves the bluish red green thermal interface but the weight transfer will do that for you so it'll lay out the weights in the mesh..

The G1ms don't have armature to edit, only xps or imported models like TMCs do but it's not needed to adjust them unless you need to match the DOA6 pose of a costume. I reccomend not bothering with that since it's more advanced and something you'd need to YT to learn

And no.. for step 5, the nude boobs already have their weights and so do the standard doa6 ones, you don't need to join those. Again, just port the doa6 nude boob to where the doa6 standard boob would be, not the clothed one, the actual boob mesh that the clothed boob is covering..

If you're getting a error message from trying to add the plugin, again you're likely doing something wrong. There has to be the additional TEXCOORD.xy UV maps for the boob mesh in order for it to work. If it doesn't, you didn't join something correctly to make the xps become a VB so it won't work. I recommend going back and seeing what you did wrong

IAmJason

No by format you need to get a doa6 texture map, and then erase all of the textures and paste the other textures you're gonna port in on there, resizing the textures may be needed to ensure they fit. That format you're using is just when you save it, but that can be used although I use a higher quality DXT so the texture will look better in game

For the boobs, you have to separate the boob mesh from the rest of the clothes in the xps mesh. Basically go in edit mode, use a select method to choose only the boob parts and then separate them so you can join them with the doa6 standard clothed boob meshes

Yeah the weight paint involves the bluish red green thermal interface but the weight transfer will do that for you so it'll lay out the weights in the mesh..

The G1ms don't have armature to edit, only xps or imported models like TMCs do but it's not needed to adjust them unless you need to match the DOA6 pose of a costume. I reccomend not bothering with that since it's more advanced and something you'd need to YT to learn

And no.. for step 5, the nude boobs already have their weights and so do the standard doa6 ones, you don't need to join those. Again, just port the doa6 nude boob to where the doa6 standard boob would be, not the clothed one, the actual boob mesh that the clothed boob is covering..

If you're getting a error message from trying to add the plugin, again you're likely doing something wrong. There has to be the additional TEXCOORD.xy UV maps for the boob mesh in order for it to work. If it doesn't, you didn't join something correctly to make the xps become a VB so it won't work. I recommend going back and seeing what you did wrong
KoeiTecmo had to make if difficult to mod DoA6, didn't they? Are the texture maps the files that end with something like kidsalb, kidsair, kidsocc, etc? For the nude boobs, I've just been importing them into Blender without the rest of the body. Maybe I could make a video showing what I'm doing then you could maybe pinpoint what I'm doing wrong. Just a thought

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
KoeiTecmo had to make if difficult to mod DoA6, didn't they? Are the texture maps the files that end with something like kidsalb, kidsair, kidsocc, etc? For the nude boobs, I've just been importing them into Blender without the rest of the body. Maybe I could make a video showing what I'm doing then you could maybe pinpoint what I'm doing wrong. Just a thought
Yeah those are textures but the solid red one you wont need to change.

And you can do that and I can do it as best as I can, but again I use a different blender version and I may not have time to always come to this thread since I'm busy irl and I have other things to work on. You can share a ref video and I'll do my best but then after that you'll have to search up what may be the issue since I really said everything I can to help on my end, it's really sounding like you'll have to manually go back and see what you're doing wrong since I really don't know what your problem may be and I'm kinda tapped out, but I can try once more. After that, I recommend going on lover labs to see issue fixes that were posted

IAmJason

Yeah those are textures but the solid red one you wont need to change.

And you can do that and I can do it as best as I can, but again I use a different blender version and I may not have time to always come to this thread since I'm busy irl and I have other things to work on. You can share a ref video and I'll do my best but then after that you'll have to search up what may be the issue since I really said everything I can to help on my end, it's really sounding like you'll have to manually go back and see what you're doing wrong since I really don't know what your problem may be and I'm kinda tapped out, but I can try once more. After that, I recommend going on lover labs to see issue fixes that were posted
I do have Blender 2.8 and 2.9 and from what I've noticed, they seem similar. I'm in no rush to to get my modded Ayane in to the game, so take your time. I'm getting tapped out too and have been thinking of sticking to doing simple stuff like changing the color of skin, eyes and clothing. If you're a member of Lover's Lab, I could post the video there since nudity isn't allowed on here. Personally, I think you've been patient with me and I'm thankful for that :)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I do have Blender 2.8 and 2.9 and from what I've noticed, they seem similar. I'm in no rush to to get my modded Ayane in to the game, so take your time. I'm getting tapped out too and have been thinking of sticking to doing simple stuff like changing the color of skin, eyes and clothing. If you're a member of Lover's Lab, I could post the video there since nudity isn't allowed on here. Personally, I think you've been patient with me and I'm thankful for that :)
You can and I'll go on there when you post it! I use 2.79 so my display is just somewhat different but I can try to make out what you're doing

IAmJason

You can and I'll go on there when you post it! I use 2.79 so my display is just somewhat different but I can try to make out what you're doing
Okay, cool. I'm called JaseIam on there. I just realized I made a mistake on the glowing eye guide I made. Where I said move the black background below the Iris 4 layer, I meant the Iris 1 layer

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD