Characters Hayate in DOA5:LR

TakedaZX

I don't really play this game anymore. Allan explained it best. Hayate is another character that shines brighter when your fundamentals are on point. He's only incredibly strong against players who aren't used to fighting him and learning to face his apparent abusable tools isn't a tough task.

3h+k has one follow up and the recovery is quite bad making it a terrible move to free cancel into more offense. But people let it happen.

214 is the same But is slightly better on recovery and the follow up is slightly delayable. To beat it, you stop it in its tracks by interrupting it on prediction or holding it (which is the better option) on reaction. It's quite obvious on animation.

We could go on, but most other stuff is self explanatory.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Trying to learn Hayate, but I don't exactly know what the game plan is and what his best moves are. I guess my biggest questions are when should you use his side steps, wind dashes, and wind teleport cancels?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Decided to focus on Hayate, as I'm really enjoying the character a lot. Still have a lot to learn, but since he's a ninja and is very popular online, I think it'll help me to develop some of my own tactics and combos. Though I have been practicing some of the combos that have been posted here and on YouTube. Just gotta learn my setups so that, in the near future, I can play with Hayate a bit more gimmicky (aka abuse wind teleports and side steps).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD