Helena Video Thread

Omegan Eckhart

I heard that Helena has moves that crushes MIDS is that right?
P+K does, but it doesn't do it instantly so you can't just hit to button and expect to win. Because of this if you want to crush mid's you have to use it at range or when there is a large gap in your opponents offence. Try using it when the opponent free cancels and continues attacking or when someone is rushing you down.

P+K does, but it doesn't do it instantly so you can't just hit to button and expect to win. Because of this if you want to crush mid's you have to use it at range or when there is a large gap in your opponents offence. Try using it when the opponent free cancels and continues attacking or when someone is rushing you down.

Does :3_::P: work the same way?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
:3_: :P: can no longer connect with :3: :K: :K: because of the nerf. I'm not sure if anyone posted this so i just wanted to let everyone know.

Kokomi

Uh.. yeah, so basically, I only uploaded these two videos for advice, because if I uploaded the rest, I'm only going to give Helena players a bad image. And yes, I actually.. mashed for 75% of the match :(. I had the moves in mind, but they came out differently, probably because Helena's moves are too notation heavy for me and they haven't been incorporated in to my mind to the point where they become muscle memory yet. For some reason, doing :236::P+K: is more difficult than :214::P+K:, I tried doing the :236:on analog, only then I get 216P+K right. With the d-pad, it never happens. This doesn't happen with the rest of cast though, I had no trouble doing Kokoro's 214P or Hitomi's 216P, only Helena's P+K, I'm pretty sure I got the notations down correctly too :/.

And again, I only know PPP and PPK, I wanted to do 216PKP on many occasions but my reflexes can't kick in quick. I confuse 8K with 9KK because they look so familiar, I'm always thinking 8K leads in to neutral situation when it actually sets you in to BKH stance. And as you may have figured, my back turn gameplay is bad because the characters I focus with have no good back turn games.

Would really appreciate it if someone could point out the moments I missed out for a good capitalization for good juggles. And also just to point out because I know Helena has good SS games, I don't SS much as well, so the issue of SS needs to be focused. Other than that, I don't know what else am I doing wrongly. Sorry:oops:

ninjaguy446

Video 1:
0:24 Could have gotten 33P4P instead of PPK. Would have given you a chance at FT and advantage and damage.
0:34 Same as above. Or, for wall hit you could've gone for 236PKP.
0:45 If you expect a hold, go for either 214F+P or BKO F+P. 214F+P if you want to loop the opponent (214F+P BKO 6PP 214F+P BKO 6PP etc. Or you could go 214F+P 6PP 1K2 BKO F+P etc. OR you could do 214F+P BKO 6PP 1K2 7 BT F+P 3PP etc. Endless possibilities. The BKO 6PP is guaranteed and so is the 3PP for BT.)
0:50 When doing 1PPK and you expect them do duck, try doing 1PP and then BT 4PK or BT 4K instead of finishing the string. Higher reward.
1:12 Don't mash holds like that unless you want to be grabbed.
1:50 Try to delay all three kicks if you're going to do them all. If you think they'll block, free cancel at the second kick to continue your offense since they have to respect the third followup kick.
1:52 After a CH Helena SDS (i.e. 6PP and 3PPP), 9K. I think it's guaranteed. It probably isn't but I never have had anyone SE out of it. 8K is only good if you want a high launch.
2:01 Don't go into BKO when the opponent hits the ground. It'll tell them to low kick so BKO duck will be useless (unless you're baiting for a low hold). Right before a mid wakeup hit is gonna hit you, you can auto BKO Duck by mashing 2 right after pressing 2P+K.
2:15 When in stun and you're going to use P+K for launch don't do P+KP.
2:23 When in stun and you do BKO 6K, don't do the followup or else you won't get a combo.
2:28 Be careful going into BKO at the beginning of the round. If you are going to then either, A) Do it right when you're allowed to move around so you're not in the transition frames when the fight starts open for punishment, or B) BKO duck right before the round starts (meaning they can hit you) in an attempt to duck their highs.
2:37 Pretty sure you can get a CB! there but good job getting the 9K. The juggle was lackluster but it's a given since you're just starting out.
2:48 Don't know why you delayed an i20 CB! move when the threshold wasn't maxed out. Watch out for that.

I'll do you're second video a little later. Here's some tips for using Helena (I'll post some matches of mine later also for your reference).

Helena has a plethora of NH stunning lows. Utilize these to their maximum potency. These lows include:
BKO 2K2, SSK, 1PP, 2H+K, BT 2H+K 1K2 BT 66K
You did good with 1PPK (try not to finish the sting as it usually gets held). 2H+K is literally disgusting. So is BKO 2K2. It's just so nasty. If you want to win easier and start more stuns, you MUST use her lows. BT 66K is also pretty hateful.

Some of her moves you should use more:
9P (9P4 9P4PPP 9P4P2P 9PP), 33P, 4PP (and variations), BKO 6P (BKO 6PP) P (and all variations, specifically PP4PP). Also, 9KK isn't a move. It's ust 9K.

Here is what your staple launcher combo should be on CH against everything middle weight and under:
33P 33P4P
Simple enough, right? :oops: You also definitely need to use BKO F+P a LOT more.

Hope this helped you. :) ;)

Kokomi

Video 1:
0:24 Could have gotten 33P4P instead of PPK. Would have given you a chance at FT and advantage and damage.
0:34 Same as above. Or, for wall hit you could've gone for 236PKP.
0:45 If you expect a hold, go for either 214F+P or BKO F+P. 214F+P if you want to loop the opponent (214F+P BKO 6PP 214F+P BKO 6PP etc. Or you could go 214F+P 6PP 1K2 BKO F+P etc. OR you could do 214F+P BKO 6PP 1K2 7 BT F+P 3PP etc. Endless possibilities. The BKO 6PP is guaranteed and so is the 3PP for BT.)
0:50 When doing 1PPK and you expect them do duck, try doing 1PP and then BT 4PK or BT 4K instead of finishing the string. Higher reward.
1:12 Don't mash holds like that unless you want to be grabbed.
1:50 Try to delay all three kicks if you're going to do them all. If you think they'll block, free cancel at the second kick to continue your offense since they have to respect the third followup kick.
1:52 After a CH Helena SDS (i.e. 6PP and 3PPP), 9K. I think it's guaranteed. It probably isn't but I never have had anyone SE out of it. 8K is only good if you want a high launch.
2:01 Don't go into BKO when the opponent hits the ground. It'll tell them to low kick so BKO duck will be useless (unless you're baiting for a low hold). Right before a mid wakeup hit is gonna hit you, you can auto BKO Duck by mashing 2 right after pressing 2P+K.
2:15 When in stun and you're going to use P+K for launch don't do P+KP.
2:23 When in stun and you do BKO 6K, don't do the followup or else you won't get a combo.
2:28 Be careful going into BKO at the beginning of the round. If you are going to then either, A) Do it right when you're allowed to move around so you're not in the transition frames when the fight starts open for punishment, or B) BKO duck right before the round starts (meaning they can hit you) in an attempt to duck their highs.
2:37 Pretty sure you can get a CB! there but good job getting the 9K. The juggle was lackluster but it's a given since you're just starting out.
2:48 Don't know why you delayed an i20 CB! move when the threshold wasn't maxed out. Watch out for that.

I'll do you're second video a little later. Here's some tips for using Helena (I'll post some matches of mine later also for your reference).

Helena has a plethora of NH stunning lows. Utilize these to their maximum potency. These lows include:
BKO 2K2, SSK, 1PP, 2H+K, BT 2H+K 1K2 BT 66K
You did good with 1PPK (try not to finish the sting as it usually gets held). 2H+K is literally disgusting. So is BKO 2K2. It's just so nasty. If you want to win easier and start more stuns, you MUST use her lows. BT 66K is also pretty hateful.

Some of her moves you should use more:
9P (9P4 9P4PPP 9P4P2P 9PP), 33P, 4PP (and variations), BKO 6P (BKO 6PP) P (and all variations, specifically PP4PP). Also, 9KK isn't a move. It's ust 9K.

Here is what your staple launcher combo should be on CH against everything middle weight and under:
33P 33P4P
Simple enough, right? :oops: You also definitely need to use BKO F+P a LOT more.

Hope this helped you. :) ;)

Thanks, loos like I'll have to start familiarizing myself even more with her movelist. By F+P, you mean P right?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD