"Hitomi Power Up!" - Top Ten Moves

TakedaZX

Here's my 10.

1. :9::h:
High and Mid Punch Parry. This has won me plenty of matches. It can also be your downfall if you rely too much on it. Keeps people honest, and gives you the offensive stand point. The P and K follow ups are nice for catching people off guard.

2. :P+K:_:4::K: Mixup_:4::P: Mixups
Hold Bait Moves. Generally once people see one of these come out, they go straight for the mid punch hold seeing as that's the general direction that they'll go in.

P+K is a nice poke 2 in 1 poke for -6 on block, -8 on natural hit, and +20 something on CH. Condition them hold the P in P+KP, because once you do that, it gives way too unlimited amounts of follow ups.
  • :7::K:_:9::K:_:3::3::P:_:4::H+K:_etc.
    With them doing a mid punch hold, you can get a free launch on them, especially if it's on counter hit, 4h+k leaves you backturned so be careful with it. I'd suggest pp6pk after that but you might be able to catch pp4ppp for more damage. Also with 33p, it's a mid, so you may or may not be able to catch them in the recovery frames but regardless be careful about using it.
  • :4::6::P: (W!) - This move is high and gives you a wall combo, I personally like this one because it's a blow to their mind and It's pretty quick. p+kpp or 8pk6pk are probably the best follow ups.
  • Drive Mix-Ups to CB or end of threshold.
    Just as it sounds, make some guess and take yourself to the end of the threshold, aight?
  • :3::3::H+P:_:236::H+P:_:6::H+P:
    Depending on what you want, grab accordingly. Chanced Damage? 236T. Mix-up advantage? 6T. Guaranteed good damage or Wall grab? 33T. Once you condition them to hold, Hi Counter grabs will continuously roll in for you :)
The full string is also part of Hitomi's BnB combos, though not the most damage.

4K can lead into P+K, on the third P of the 4KPPPP. It has nice applications in some combos, being the most damaging one sometimes... 4KP Is nice to use sometimes, I really like the punch but it's all pretty unsafe. Condition them to be wary of the punch, you can start throwing out 4KK which is just the same quick twice but the second on launches giving you a free combo. Once they wise up and start just blocking til they're sure you screwed up, start using 4KP(Delay)P. Delaying it will spike their reaction to retaliate giving you counter/hi counter on that last P, which is essentially P+K, where you can refer to the strategies for landing P+K. These moves are strong to her arsenal.

4P is completely different. It's slow. Powerful, but slow. Gives a stun on NH. It can lead to a guard break, which people expect. Usually I stop at 4PP and grab them, but there's some that love to be ready for the free cancel. Don't be afraid to delay the punch, and if they hold the last punch a lot, debate on whether or not you'd like to follow up with the kick instead. This'll blow their mind, and make them consider low holding to duck giving you counter damage on the punch or grab.

3. :3::K: Mixups
3K has a plethora of directions to go, because it's basically replacing pp, with a mid kick start.

3kp6k is safer than the most of the possibilities on block. 3kpp can guard break. 3kpk gives you 46k which has guaranteed follow ups.

4. :7::P: Mixups
This can go in many directions as well. Two of them can lead to a sweep kick and the other to a guard break. It's great. Also this move is quick (i11). Use this after 2p and you've got yourself a strong 10 frame jab. This has multiple applications in her BnB combos.

5. :1::K:_:8::P::K: Mixups
My favorite move since forever with Ein. Nice range low kick with multiple follow ups, and a good stun on CH. 8pk6pk is his highest damage wall combo.

6. :3::3::P:
My favorite launcher. Best for post CB since it's unsafe and has no follow ups.

7. :6::6::K Mixups
String that can go mid low, mid high high, or mid high mid. The mid high mid is a launcher, this has to have place in your arsenal.

8. :6::K: Mixups
Almost the same as 66k, but there's no mid high high

9. :3::H+K:
Great whiff punish tool, slams them too the ground and tech jumps/low crushes. It's also safe on block.

10. :4::6::h: and :6::4::h:
Advanced Holds. The mid punch one is nice for the extra damage but that's about as far as it goes.
The advance mid kick hold hold doesn't guarantee you damage, but it gives you the chance to make it happen. The most damaging juggle is 7pk ~ pp4ppp

Mentionables

2P+K didn't make my list because it's recognizable considering it cracks and has two really good follow ups and it can come from p6p, or 7p. This move is a very large part of my arsenal, but only when side steppers are the problem. It also can help you get a CB. This is number 11.

46p didn't make my list because 3h+k can whiff punish also, but it's a recognizable move. A good way to use it is, throw out 4kpp ~ 46p. Many spam out a mid punch hold when they see the combo come out, but the 3rd hit of 4kpp has low recovery, so you can 46p mid holders. This will net you a wall splat and a free wall combo. In the circus stage I believe you might be able to get 7pk, p+kpp but don't take my word for it, i'm testing it today.

any variation of 2h+K is nice. They're slow though, and they don't tech crouch, but I can at least say they're safer than Hayate's because most people who block low, lock up their finger on down and try to low grab punish, giving you the edge at times. Some won't even go for the grab punish. Gotta be careful with this one, but it's rewards are beautiful.

46K didn't make my list because while it's great it's tough to land at times. It gives a guaranteed follow up though and can come from ppk or 3kpk. Using this can net you some good damage.

8k didn't make my list because any variation of it guarantees nothing, it's nice if you need a second though, and advantage is advantage, but don't expect a critical burst off of it.

9PK didn't make my list because while it's a great move to launch with or finish up for the knd... it's hhm. This becomes problematic against low holders when you're going for the launch
it may be delayable though, so I might look into it for shutting down low holders.

66H+K is my favorite move from her... but it's simply too slow, too telegraphed, and though it TRACKS, it can be easily free stepped. It gives good ground bounce though on any hit for a free combo and I believe it's relatively safe. I believe it should be a guard break to give her some guard break diversity and more ways of guard break pressure.

Same thing for 8H+K, except 8h+K is faster and works great for catching people in low getup kicks and it gives a free combo as well.

6H+K has applications in combos and it tracks, but it's to exactly that useful to me.

4H+K is a nice quick CH launcher that leaves you back turned, but it takes way you comboability, dwindling it down to two options.

7k isn't exactly useful as a string, but alone it's a great high kick launcher and alternative for 4h+k. It doesn't leave you back turned so you can get a full 7pk ender off of it.

3p gives a nice stun in combo. The follow up is useful from time to time...

236p is kinda unsafe but nice damage and knockback.

raw 236k is strange. It's suppose to be -1, but you can be grabbed if you try to duck after. It must be the fact that it takes a few frames to actually crouch, so you'll have to start risking 2p's for +1 then you can probably beat anything the opponent has.

Throws
:6::H+P:(i7) - Probably her best grab in terms of usage. It creates and immediate mixup for low damage, giving you +10. It's spammable if your opponent doesn't know how to deal with it, and if you know how to time it correctly and you can also sub in a stronger grab like 33T or 236T. I just dash in and grab again, online. Offline, you'll have to wait a little because there's no lag difference, unless you're using the stronger grabs which will be slow enough to be buffered to land as early as possible.

:3::3::H+P:(i12) - Hitomi's Hokage. This grab is her highest guaranteed damage grab. It goes for about 55 damage on natural hit and it knocks them away giving you some space. At the wall the grab changes and you can get some ridiculous damage.

:236::H+P: :~: :H+P:(i10) - Highest damage grab. Two parts too it, and it's relatively easy to break it. I usually don't go for it but it's best you learn the timing on it so that if you need that extra boost, you'll get it. The total damage is 65.

:4::H+P:(i7) - Least favorite of the 4. Ok damage (42 dmg). It's not exactly strong, it kind just gives you something other than 6T to get a little more damage for quicker punishes. I don't care much for it though, but I still utilize it.

:1::H+P:(i7) - Low grab of choice. It's kind of a "gtfo me" grab. It knocks the opponent away and can wall splat for even more damage. It's the strongest low grab she's got as well.

:2::H+P:(i5) - Fastest low grab she has. Nothing special. Back broken. nbd.
Feel free to post you own lists as well, I'd like to see the differing opinions.

I like her P strings as well :P::6::P::P+K::K:. or :P::6::P::P+K::P: never seem to fail to land a hit if I use it at the right moment.

Also :P::P: in general leads to massive mix up potential with throws, lows, and the like.

iLoveHitomi

I‘ve seen a lot :9::P::K: coming out in high level matches. (if he's going to do a lanch). Coz people normally do mid hold. Even ur opponent do high hold ,it is tough to catch it. If they do low hold, it could follow up another K to end the string as well (if i remember right?) 33p is a good and delayed lanch. During a stun people would think its 33p mid hold or 33T grab. This stragety I've seen a lot from Vanessa and works very well.

9k is another commonly used lanch, I think its safe. I note most people love mid punch hold than kick. Use mixed lanches.

TakedaZX

I‘ve seen a lot :9::P::K: coming out in high level matches. (if he's going to do a lanch). Coz people normally do mid hold. Even ur opponent do high hold ,it is tough to catch it. If they do low hold, it could follow up another K to end the string as well (if i remember right?) 33p is a good and delayed lanch. During a stun people would think its 33p mid hold or 33T grab. This stragety I've seen a lot from Vanessa and works very well.

9k is another commonly used lanch, I think its safe. I note most people love mid punch hold than kick. Use mixed lanches.
yea I talked about :7::P::K: in my post. Feel free to post you own lists guys. I know we all have differing opinions.

yea I talked about :7::P::K: in my post. Feel free to post you own lists guys. I know we all have differing opinions.

I think he was talking about :9::P::K:, this move does a quick high punch, high kick combo and the second hit is a launcher that gives very little height but if you are quick you can do PP6PK, or P+KPP off of it.

It also has a ton of range on it.

TakedaZX

I think he was talking about :9::P::K:, this move does a quick high punch, high kick combo and the second hit is a launcher that gives very little height but if you are quick you can do PP6PK, or P+KPP off of it.

It also has a ton of range on it.
Typo. yea I know what he was referring too. Even still yea, it's a nice move. I like to throw it out from time to time. Btw man me and you need to have a mirror match session soon.

DR2K

Best move is 6 F+P loop that shit all day. Yeah I did 4 on you, deal with it.

Chaos

These combos are extremely useful, they are favorites ( Advance hold kick) :4::6::h:, :6::P::K:, :P::+::K::P::P: & :4::6::h:, :6::P::K:, :1::K::6::P::K: (you have to time it perfectly because this one is tricky) you will get good amount of damage using these combo strings, trust me ;)

If you SS at the RIGHT time, use :K:, :6::6::K::K::P:, :4::K::P::P::P::P:
Nothing but sweet victory when you execute this bad motherfucka. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD