Hitomi Video/Critique Thread

Chaos

By the way, I never got to ask, do you think Hitomi's K2KP could have been a potential juggle ender. She makes a cute sound at her second kick :oops:
Nope you can't because DOA5's launch height mechanic is terrible compared to DOA3 and the second kick will push the opponent back to the ground.

I like hearing that cute sound she makes lol :hitomi:

RE0

One thing you could always practice is doing the basic juggles consistently. For very low launches PPP or PP2KK, a bit higher PP6PK or 8PK6PK, for higher PP4PPP or 4KPPPP, for higher 7PK, P+KPPP or 7PK, 7PKKK, for higher 7PK, PP6PK, for higher 7PK, PP4PPP. The most important ones are PP6PK and PP4PPP, IMO.

Spacing is also important, and hitomi has good ranged tools, practice using them: running P, running K, 46P, 66H+K and the most important one 66K-strings.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with PP6PK and PP4PPPP, hard to mess up and does good damage. I'll keep practice launch combos until I get it then.

So far I've only been able to do them when I actually think of wanting to use them rather than reading the situation and setting them up properly. Especially when the computer guards well. I try to get some small shots in looking for an opening but never can quite react and respond to the times when I do get the hit I want in for the combo. I also don't really want to be throwing them out there and "finishing unsafe strings" if I sort of understood that concept from reading around.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Im looking for some tips as well.

Based on the two first videos: You could use PP4P and 4P -strings more. Can't be sidestepped, give nice stun, can't be crushed = profit. Also, maybe use 66K(KP) a bit more? If you are having trouble inputting 8KP6KP after wall bounce, you can use P+KPPPP... I have an arcade stick, so I have no trouble with 8-inputs, but with the default controller they can be hard to pull off.
EDIT. I see you use 66K more in vids 3 and 4 :) ... pretty good Hitomi overall. One more thing, maybe you could finish your 6PKKK and 6KKK strings more often? If I'm right, they give a launch on counter hit now? Your opponents seemed to anticipate that you are not finishing them very often.

By the way could the other Hitomi players comment these too? I'm not a pro player or anything, would like to have other opinnions too.

Kokomi

Im looking for some tips as well.

Umm.. I think you can try using :2::H+K: as well. It's very rewarding if it hits. Raansu encouraged me to use it quite a lot. And PMS Vanessa tends to use it a lot as well. I'm not a professional player, but that's how I start my momentum, although its a 50/50 thing for me. I was also told that you should feel free to use :6::6::P::K: or :P::P::6::P::K: because the new patch allows it to track and its unholdable if I am not mistaken. Perhaps you can try incorporating :7::P::P: into :P+K::P: or :P+K::K: too, 7PP comes out really quick, so you might want it for your stun game. I realized you don't hold much during wake-up kicks, and although its a gamble, Hitomi's :1::h: for low kick is kinda good, you should try using that so you'll keep your opponents in constant fear. And a part of Hitomi's game is somewhat hold based too, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Saber

Looking for some tips as well to improve my Hitomi. Do keep in mind that this is my first fighting game, so they probably aren't very good. I rarely play online, so these are just some matches against the CPU at Level 7.

One thing I definitely can see is that I rarely use throws, if any. Guess I gotta work on throw punishment more. :p

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be mean (pun!), but we can't tell much with vs CPU videos... could you record a couple against people? Online or offline.

Saber

Unfortunately, no. I played only, like, 6 times online, they're either with Sarah or Kasumi. There was one match I payed as Hitomi, but the lag was incredible. :|

Saber

Well, just played one match online with Hitomi. Lag was still incredible though, and almost every single input was delayed to hell, and the game didn't input them. Sigh.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Well, just played one match online with Hitomi. Lag was still incredible though, and almost every single input was delayed to hell, and the game didn't input them. Sigh.

Not much can be deducted based on laggy matches either, but. Looking pretty good, overall. As you said, you could use throws more, though that is difficult in lag. You need to build yourself a scene there in Malaysia. :)

Kokomi

Looking for some tips as well to improve my Hitomi. Do keep in mind that this is my first fighting game, so they probably aren't very good. I rarely play online, so these are just some matches against the CPU at Level 7.

One thing I definitely can see is that I rarely use throws, if any. Guess I gotta work on throw punishment more. :p

OMG, YOU'RE FROM KL TOO. YAY, FINALLY. SOMEONE WHOSE FROM KL AND PLAYS DOA5 :DDD.

Kokomi

LOL, I don't mind. But Malaysia doesn't have a spot for tournaments. I have a few other friends who played DOA5, but not competitively I suppose. Most of them just bought the game because it was girls and boobs, they were mostly Hitomi mainers too, if not Kasumi or Christie. After awhile, the hype just died down and they all dumped DOA5. Sigh, typical straight men, lol.

Saber

We really should make a scene. Still going through my IGCSEs though, so maybe around my school holidays. ;)

The other two friends I know whom play DoA (also) play it for tits. They like Hitomi though (even if they main Rig - so button-mash friendly), because she's so easy to learn and pick-up.

Kokomi

International school I suppose? I wouldn't have much time myself, but I make an effort to play once a week. I'm actually in the process of transferring universities, or just simply considering things. So, I'm pretty tied down myself.

In terms of easy input commands, if you want easy characters to pick up, consider Kokoro as your secondary main. Hitomi's basic but not easy, many people tell me between the both, Kokoro is the more advanced of the two. I highly disagree with that. To do well with her moves, I really think you need to familiarize yourself with her moves inside out.

But in all honesty, I think your Hitomi is much better than mine. You've really familiarize yourself with her 46P and 236P/K, which is something I cannot perform in quick succession.

Saber

I wish. My offense and whiff punishment may be good, but my defense is ass. Your strengths are my weaknesses, haha. It's something you get used to after doing it for so long, and it becomes second nature to use them as whiff punishers instead of her regular jab which most people go for.

Same like her advanced holds. They're extremely easy to pull off once you get the hang of it (and you should always use her mid-punch advanced hold when reacting to CBs).

Kokoro is actually my secondary main. I actually have 4 characters I main, which are (from most), Hitomi, Kasumi, Kokoro and Sarah. Kokoro's much easier to pick up, IMO, because she doesn't require free-cancelling like Hitomi, and the inputs require less directional input, plus her mix-up options are similar to Helena's type of mix-up.

KayJay

In your videos you are way too predictable. You are trying to land the same combo over and over. Even if the enemy blocks your first few punches/kicks you continue with the critical burst move at the end even thought it won't get them into critical stun. Also, at the beginning of the match you always do 33P. A good player won't fall for that a second time when he's seeing you crouch-dashing before the match starts. Using 4PP as an opener is also risky, instead make more use of 6P/6K because it's faster. 6K is one of Hitomi's most useful moves because it also stuns on neutral hit, long enough for unshakeable follow ups.
Use 4P if your enemys fell in love with the sidestep-mechanic.
And use more throws, especially 6T and 33T.

Saber

I figured as much. It was mostly muscle memory kicking in since I probably practiced them hundreds of time in Training Mode, and I've gotten way more than used to doing them over and over again, especially 4PP.

What I do want to incorporate is (besides throws) using 2H+K to open up the stun game for me. I find it easier to land when I'm in the middle of a string, the opponent's blocking and I use on of its variations. Should probably free cancel more too, haha.

Thanks for the feedback, though. Much appreciated.

Chaos

LOL, I don't mind. But Malaysia doesn't have a spot for tournaments. I have a few other friends who played DOA5, but not competitively I suppose. Most of them just bought the game because it was girls and boobs, they were mostly Hitomi mainers too, if not Kasumi or Christie. After awhile, the hype just died down and they all dumped DOA5. Sigh, typical straight men, lol.
:(

Kokomi

Yeahhhh, that's how it usually happens :x. Malaysians are much more acquainted with the Street Fighter and Tekken series. But that's also because TN never made an effort to nab themselves a spotlight within the arcade industry, or else I think we'd have one arcade brawling machine for DOA right here in KL. Not one, maybe two. Granted, the fanbase will be smaller, but at least people know DOA isn't just about girls and boobs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD