Holds in Critical State -- just get rid of the damn thing already?

x Sypher x

And as stated in the Ask Team NInja thread, I received a personal reply from Shimbori stating how (1) he was able to gain insight through the suggestions and (2) he's training again in DOA3 to beat me next time.

Lol nice. I remember seeing that Hayate mirror match. And I can't wait to see how he responds.

R4712-VR88

What if they made countering slower than blocking. So like it'd have an effect like in Mortal Kombat. Say in MK, Mileena does 1, 1, 2, <, V, 4. Well if you get hit back 1, 1, 2, you're able to block the <, V, 4. So for DOA this would require the attacker to mix the attack with low attacks or possibly sidestep around and attack from behind or go for a grab. But I guess this would keep the player from successfully using the stun threshold and getting the best launch and combo.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It doesn't matter what you do to nerf the counter R4.

It needs to be removed completely from critical state. No other decision will achieve the desired effect and mend the game's reputation.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I think we've found the solution to our problem now. I guess it just leaves a certain someone with a good reputation and connection to forward that.

x Sypher x

I can't remember where I read this but I recall someone saying that regular holds should act as parries and advanced/expert holds should deal damage, something like that. I've been thinking about that. I don't think it's a bad idea but I think it would better suit these characters:

Gen Fu
Eliot
Lei Fang

Reason is because they already have parries, so it might work better for them. I'd like to go in depth about this but I'm having trouble putting my thoughts together lol. Perhaps someone could help me out with this. Because usually parries are special holds that are assigned to specific hit levels and can't be executed while taking damage, only while blocking or trying to predict a counterattack. And they also leave your opponent in a critical state.

Speaking of critical states, holds should be taken out of these situations too after a successful parry.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD