How Exactly Does The Kick Function Work?

Omegan Eckhart

Here's the scenario, I make a lobby called 4+ Bars Only. Someone comes in with 4 bars so I start the match, then some dip shit with no bars enters. After I win go back to the lobby to use the kick function and it won't let me access it.

Am I doing something wrong here? It seems ridiculous that I'm not allowed to kick people who ignore the lobby name and ruin the session with their terrible connection.

Hopefully I am just doing it wrong.

Doug Nguyen

YEah i hate how when your the host and you leave the game and go into lobby. Everyone can still play and basically you only get that 3 seconds in between games.

Omegan Eckhart

Yea, that is kind of bs. They should really go back to the functionality of the DoA4 lobbies.
Oh god no DOA4 had so many functional problems. Host was decided by who won so you could win one match, get host and then stop all progress in the lobby if you chose. There was no kick function at all and you could switch to tag and team up, then switch back to single play to keep the same two people at the head off the queue, stopping others from having a turn. I don't wanna go back to that lol

Nothing worse than someone coming into your lobby, winning one match, and then switching it to Kumite...

Deckard Pain

Really? I kind of liked that, but then again I usually played with the same group of like eight players all the time anyways. Guess I never fully noticed all that. I just feel like the DoA5 lobby system is very... bland or meh, hard to describe.

Omegan Eckhart

Really? I kind of liked that, but then again I usually played with the same group of like eight players all the time anyways. Guess I never fully noticed all that. I just feel like the DoA5 lobby system is very... bland or meh, hard to describe.
It has every feature you could want in a fighting game, it isn't very interesting but it works... mostly.

Deckard Pain

Fair enough. I guess visually its just bland to me. But that might just be my background speaking too much instead of enjoying the game. D:

BlasianBorn

They should have the option for the hosts to pause or stop the fighting and bring every player into the spectator lobby and then you can restart the matches when you want. That way you have more control of your lobby and you can kick the people you don't want, out.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I'm quite sure the reason for this is for you and whoever else is in the lobby to come to agreement to kicking someone out(I.E agreeing to all return to the lobby) so that you can choose to kick the person out. I think this keep sore losers from kicking people just because they suck. I don't think anything is wrong with the system.

Raansu

I'm quite sure the reason for this is for you and whoever else is in the lobby to come to agreement to kicking someone out(I.E agreeing to all return to the lobby) so that you can choose to kick the person out. I think this keep sore losers from kicking people just because they suck. I don't think anything is wrong with the system.

Ya until you come across a lagger that you can't kick out of the room because he is fighting.

Omegan Eckhart

Ya until you come across a lagger that you can't kick out of the room because he is fighting.
It's okay I found out how to do it, as host when you are at the screen that precedes the character select screen press (Y) and it will ask if you want to go to lobby then you can use the kick function. You have to be the current winner to do it. Fuck knows how anyone is meant to figure it out though.

Raansu

It's okay I found out how to do it, as host when you are at the screen that precedes the character select screen press (Y) and it will ask if you want to go to lobby then you can use the kick function. You have to be the current winner to do it. Fuck knows how anyone is meant to figure it out though.

So basically DoA4... They need to give the host full control of the room. The way it is setup right now you can't do shit about someone trolling the room or a lagger.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD