How to counter Nico?

Pn33milan

Can't find anything on the internet, can't come up with anything online, my liver is bursting from the inside -_-

- her 6P beats everything.
- her range is out of this world.
- her strings are safe and delayable.
- can't reverse her when I am in hitstun, because she has both killer throws and a delayable launcher.
- can't wake up with any kicks, because she has both 236K and 6H+K

Please, send help -_-

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
6P is a mid so just hold or step it. Her range isn't really the best so you can play at a distance, and her strings are safe and delayable but you can step/hold most of her charges and you can duck some of her safe strikes. If you're having your wake up kicks be beat out it's best not to use them, just tech up and hold 236K or step or block 6H+K since its punishable.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
- So with 6P, the startup is an i11 which is one of the faster characters, which character are you playing by any chance? some characters have answers to certain moves than others.

- It's pretty good moderate range, better than most for sure, but I'd say it's pretty decent. Let me know which character are you using to be sure of your issues.

- Well, some of it is rather unsafe, but she does have delayable attacks from the movekit and good recovery. From what I've encountered playing against Nico, as well as other big notable players playing against the character / using her, she has a huge number of moves that have strong quick recovery that catches people. Let me give an example, Rig has a move that's -12 on block, but the recovery is "16", that means that the moment you block it you'd have to immediately throw it as soon as it connects on block, there's almost no window time. Most cases, people prefer not to throw it because they don't want to take the risk which would make sense, especially playing on the net. Nico has a bit of this, on top of attacks that get free cancelled on block that usually become unrecognizable due to recovery alone (not every move, but she does have a bit of that). When she does 6P you expected the follow up 6PP right? but she stopped only at 6P and Nico did a i7 forward throw towards you because you thought she'd continue with 6PP (this type of situation is what I meant). It's one of those cases where you'd have to instantly recognize on when to attack. Fuzzying from those type of situations is a pretty ok option because the last thing you need is getting CH or blocking too much and knowing when to attack back from free cancelled situations on block.

- The throw got nerfed in the recent patch I hear but she does have one guaranteed follow up. The lighting bolt launcher she has is super slow, but it will land if you try to hold around middle time (I've seen cases where people break hold and the launcher still lands because they break held on that middle time). Ironically you can disrespect the launcher by holding on fastest state before it lands and able to block or step it afterwards.

- Is it that heel drop slide by any chance?

6P is a mid so just hold or step it. Her range isn't really the best so you can play at a distance, and her strings are safe and delayable but you can step/hold most of her charges and you can duck some of her safe strikes. If you're having your wake up kicks be beat out it's best not to use them, just tech up and hold 236K or step or block 6H+K since its punishable.

There's a setup from Nico that leaves her plus when you tech up from it (unless the opponent knows he is plus from it, some people didn't know they were plus and end up blocking afterwards due to recovery) especially the heel drop slide she does which might be one of the moves that's beating out his wake up kick options. It crushes low on the first few frames, and leaves her squatting when it becomes active which can go under certain mids (not all mids).

But yeah some of what KasumiLover mentioned, with adding that when it comes to the wake up attack options, wait just a few seconds so that the mid kick and low kick wake up follow up will connect as the move from Nico is no longer active if they keep abusing it.

Last edited:

Pn33milan

I'm using Kasumi.
I don't know how to approach her.
At the start of the round, I can either do 6PK...... Or 6PK. Which one would you recommend? -_-
It's literally the only thing I can do.
Her 6P beats both my PP and 2P. I don't understand.

Her delayable strings are cancer. I don't know when it's safe to attack and it's always too late to throw.
When she stuns me, I am in 25% territory. Is she going to grab me? Launch me with a middle or high kick? Use the delayed launcher? Keep stunning me and make me guess again?

And I swear, she may not have the absolute best range in the game, but her normals are still too much dislocated, for the little infernal gremlin she is -_-

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm using Kasumi.
I don't know how to approach her.
At the start of the round, I can either do 6PK...... Or 6PK. Which one would you recommend? -_-
It's literally the only thing I can do.
Her 6P beats both my PP and 2P. I don't understand.

Her delayable strings are cancer. I don't know when it's safe to attack and it's always too late to throw.
When she stuns me, I am in 25% territory. Is she going to grab me? Launch me with a middle or high kick? Use the delayed launcher? Keep stunning me and make me guess again?

And I swear, she may not have the absolute best range in the game, but her normals are still too much dislocated, for the little infernal gremlin she is -_-
6PK and 6PK are the same move xD and you shouldn't be getting PP or P beat out by her 6P since P is 9i, and her 6P is 11i unless you're at a disadvantage. 2P isn't gonna beat 6P ever(unless you have advantage) since her 6P is 11i and Kasumi's 2P is 12i and you're not gonna be safe to strike first if it does hit since even then you're at -1 and in that instant Nico becomes a 8/10/12 framer in terms of punches.

In regards to her attack delays, there's not much you can do but wait her out and carefully wait for an opening since she's actually at a disadvantage when she free cancels, and Kasumi's 6P is good for scoring a CH from that. In stuns you just have to try guess right and not be quick to hold unless you know what she'll do(Break holds are good for getting out of these situations), and you should probably guard more and such since Nico shouldn't be critical stunning you unless you're attacking at the wrong time or you're not guarding

Pn33milan

That was the joke, about 6PK XD
I know PP should beat Nico's 6P. Tell that to my opponent's internet provider. I don't know -_-

Basically, you have to guess everything. Great -_-

About the break hold, that's precisely one of those situations where i can't ever get to turn the situation in my favour. Because, no matter what i do, she always hits me first from the distance -_-

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That was the joke, about 6PK XD
I know PP should beat Nico's 6P. Tell that to my opponent's internet provider. I don't know -_-

Basically, you have to guess everything. Great -_-

About the break hold, that's precisely one of those situations where i can't ever get to turn the situation in my favour. Because, no matter what i do, she always hits me first from the distance -_-
It gets easier as you get more experience against her but yeah, when you're stunned you're put in a situation where you have to guess to minimize damage and gain momentum.

After a break hold you're at +5 advantage but sometimes you're gonna want to just defend since Nico is fast enough to have a chance to counter hit you and Kasumi doesn't really have many ranged ways to make use of the advantage besides maybe 66p and 66k( those are hypothetically 11i in that situation) and 214P that covers distance and crushes highs. The best thing in that situation is to note the moves that the Nico uses from that disadvantage so you can see what'll beat it in that situation

You also can sidestep if you think they're gonna continue to poke at you but because you can be thrown from a step I would advise you use maybe 44P since it steps single attacks, it's safe and stuns on hit, and it's a good way to shut down throws and it's useful when you're being pressured since the sidestep can avoid linear attacks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD