"I have taken... one more..." The Official Phase 4 Gameplay Discussion Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
img_20190108_140156-jpg.27113

Hello and welcome to the post release version of Phase 4's gameplay thread(the other was locked since new threads have to exclude old build and outdated in for). This thread is for anything gameplay or combo related to Phase 4! :-D

Here's the gameplay changes so far:

Gameplay changes so far
-------------------​

*By inputting :2::P+K: from the moves she can teleport cancel from, she's now able to tele-cancel into her neutral stance now and as seen in the trailer, this will be able to lead to even more combo and mix up opportunities this time around!

On a darker note, she may need this since throws no longer track in DOA6, and because of the improved side step, everything from her regular Tenfu(:9::P:) and Chifu(:3::P+K:) and it's Tele-cancel variants can be sidestepped besides the throw.

*Has a new :P+K: follow up from Tenfu(:9::P:). Is pretty much how Kasumi uses hers, it slices through the opponent and may likely guard break. Can only be done from a teleport cancel however.

*Has a new :H+K: option from Chifu(:3::P+K:) where she'll do a quick spin 2-in-1 high kick she can tele-cancel from although the timing is strict. Knocks down on normal hit.

*:8::s::s:/:2::s::s:- Like the rest of the cast she can sidestep to avoid linear attacks that don't track. She can then perform a sidestep attack that knocks back the opponent on hit. The trade off is that the attack is unsafe on block, guaranteeing a throw and if the opponent hits you with the first attack of their fatal rush on your sidestep, it'll cause a stun that spins your opponent backwards which can lead to dangerous backturned set ups.

*:4::s:- Her Break hold like the rest of the cast has. Will hold any attack at the cost of half a bar of meter and will do small damage but helps escape dangerous situations like fatal rushes, fatal sit down stuns, a break blow cancel set up, or even general attacks. Can't KO the opponent.

*:6::s:- Her Break blow, like the rest of the cast has. She flips into the air teleporting out of sight before striking her opponent out of nowhere. Does great damage, can go through attacks and GBs like the rest of the cast but costs a full bar of meter. Can also be done from her Tenfu :K: follow up after it bounds but only if you cancel into her neutral stance. The break blow can be cancelled by using :6::s::h: right when the break blow connects for a guaranteed set up for more damage that your opponent will have to sacrifice a half bar of meter to escape.

*Her :s::s::s::s: fatal rush string appears to be the barrage of kicks into her final hard hitting knock back kick as seen from her power blow in DOA5LR. The final kick will cause a wall splat if the full string hits near a wall. Be wary that the first hit is a high and can be ducked or low crushed.

If you have full meter, the attack will automatically chain into her break blow unless you use :s::s::s::4::s: so that you can just use the normal fatal rush. You can also break blow cancel from this as well using :s::s::s::s::h:. Like Kasumi you can use her fatal rush as a go to after her :236::T: launcher throw.

*Her old :3::3::K: has been replaced with Alpha 152's :3::3::K::K:. Instead of being able to finish the string though, it's likely an auto 2-in-1 unless she teleport cancels into Tenfu(:9::P:) which she can do on hit. It's unknown what input her old :3::3::K: will have but it was likely removed.

*She now has a :236::P: command move, which is the same as Kasumi's: it's Kasumi's old DOA5 critical burst attack. It knocks back on hit and has close hit properties.

*She now has a :214::P: command move, which is the high jab follow up from :6::P::P:, except now it launches on normal hit. Like the original it can avoid highs and is another launcher option.

*Has a new :6::6::P::K: follow up to her :6::6::P: attack like Kasumi now has, except Phase has no delay in hers meaning you'll have to commit to it. Also like Kasumi, her :6::6::P: will a limbo type fall stun when performed on backturned opponents.

*:6::P::K: now launches in stun now instead of just causing a lift stun.

*She can now teleport cancel into Chifu(:3::P+K:) from :9::K:! It also has 2-in-1 properties and will cause a stun if the first hit hits or the second auto kick hits from a distance. Wallsplats if both hits hit near a wall.

*:6::P+K:- Her CB from DOA5. Causes a crumple stun on normal hit putting your opponent in a must hold or fall situation. Also causes a wall stun near walls.

*:4::P:-still causes a limbo stun on counter hit and likely sidestep, will be useful against special side steps and against side steps in general. No longer causes a crumple stun on normal hit, it'll now cause a new type of spin stun. If done on a sidestepping foe, it will cause a fatal stun.

*She's gotten Alpha 152's :3::3::K::K:, or at least that she is now able to do the 17i 2-in-1 mid kick to high kick ender from strings such as :6::P::K: and :P::P::6::P::K: by itself as a standalone attack. She is also able to tele-cancel from this as well but the timing is strict.

*Her tele-cancel from :9::P:(Tenfu) into her :K: follow up will now cause a more proper bound that she is still able to tele-cancel from. The standalone :9::P::K: will also likely be able to cause it as well. General go tos would be :s:, :s::h:, and :6::P::K: into Tenfu(:P+K:).

*Her :4::K: has an improved launch height on par with her hi counter hit launch from this move when in critical stun.

*Kasumi's :6::P::K: has a new different stun/counter hit animation from critical stun. Since Phase 4 is able to perform the mid kick with :H+K:, her stun properties for this move have changed as well to mirror Kasumi.

*:P::P::6::K::K: and :6::K::K: and any attacks that knock down on normal hit will cause a wallsplat, while her other attacks that previously wallsplat in DOA5LR but didn't knock down will cause a wall stun.

*(This is a community thread so PLEASE share any new Phase 4 findings you can lets make this thread as active as possible! :-D)

@BBoyDragon @xDevious @Force_of_Nature this is the new thread since all outdated threads were closed

Last edited:

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
stuff i want to say but my english and grammar so bad I was born and raised in USA so i can't hope to dream to type this out

Zero Beat

46T still does no damage, but +14 advantage is insanely good, plus it doesn't push back as far as it did in 5 so there's a ton of guarantees out of it. Another issue is that Kasumi's Hoshinpo P is now stronger (32 damage), knocks back, and can close hit for even more damage (48). Phase's version already had solid damage and knockback, but doesn't get added strength or close hit ability.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It does less dmg than my route wth lmao
Do you know a way to get consistent timing on her H+K from Chifu teleport? I got her 33KK down but I'm having trouble with this one xD

Also anyone peeped her low throw from Chifu? I love that addition! It'll definitely make you think twice about ducking in anticipation of her high elbow although idk if you'll see it often tbh

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
Do you know a way to get consistent timing on her H+K from Chifu teleport? I got her 33KK down but I'm having trouble with this one xD

Also anyone peeped her low throw from Chifu? I love that addition! It'll definitely make you think twice about ducking in anticipation of her high elbow although idk if you'll see it often tbh
its just new teleport so our muscle meory going to take time to get used to it like even with me i neve use raw 3p teleport so it took me few hours oh here that route from other video .. this clip is the one he used one i modified Kappa

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
ok after a lot of time maybe there better juggle route from 4k launcher but using the strongest juggle as you guys saw from the 3 i have up their early this is our max stun extension blah blah on hi counter hit.. we might be back boyz

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
ok after a lot of time maybe there better juggle route from 4k launcher but using the strongest juggle as you guys saw from the 3 i have up their early this is our max stun extension blah blah on hi counter hit.. we might be back boyz

I found another way to get that 147 damage as well:

66PP·P+K~P+K>4K·P+K~H+K·P+K~K·P+K~P>6PK

I tested on Marie Rose so I'll see if it works on medium weights too(EDIT: it does!)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The light almost there guys inb4 more nerfs
I also got the teleport timing on H+K somewhat, you have to do it JUST before the second kick comes out, I kept messing up because I did it too early xD I think it's basically there as a sort of expert refloat so if you're on lock with your teleport timing I guess you can throw it in a juggle for more damage, plus it tracks so I thinks it's like her go to tracker out of Chifu besides her throws

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
She needs a damage buff XD

dmg is there its noticble different from 5 tho. She got good dmg its just right now Kasumi and Nico and even christie can get close to her dmg from stun launching also. I'm trying many routes as came up with 3 as seen earlier and I try all of @Noemi routes after breakblow cause that was juggle from 4k. Can barely get past 10 points of dmg vs nico stun launch dmg. Not to mention we have no Fatal stuns outside of S . I know 10 ponts makes big difference on counter and high counter hit cause the gap will be bigger but not that much bigger.

Strongest route i found is still like 80 points of dmg on middle weight or lower. While nico is pushing 69/70 from stun launch I'm pretty sure Kasumi and christie are around Nico dmg or lower from stun launch their like 10 times safer than Phase 4 and have same speed.. Sad part is i haven't even looked truly in her mid launcher routes like 33k or 33p. Which once again Nico can do mid kick or mid punch launch like stun launch and reach close 70. so far messing with 33k launcher cause ppl love to low panic hold (me included LUL) getting to 75 from stun launch trying to push it back up to 80

Pennywise27

It's pretty shit that you can't use phase 4 unless you're buy the deluxe edition why could you not buy her like you could with Nyotengu that's pretty lame they wanna bring her out for DLC to buy soon cause it's getting boring without her and they wanna hurry up with the lobbies already it's starting to feel like the deluxe demo with just added story and more fighting stuff we need the lobbies and phase 4 to buy hurry up already use shouldn't have rushed this game

coldphase4

Do you guys believe this ? phase 4 's 46h no matter how much combos i used damage is weaker than 6h that's so ridiculous !!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD