"I shall end it!" The Official Kasumi Gameplay Discussion Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It was probably already known(Although I assume not since I've not seen it posted anywhere) but Kasumi can do more from 7P near a wall if you quickly buffer guard to turn around. She can launch with 6K, perform a BB(very strict timing) and pretty much anything that's below 17i and that has the range. I feel almost positive you could use 66K or even 33K but for whatever reason the buffer is iffy with certain inputs xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Idk what causes it yet but sometimes you can combo with a NH 66K·P after the first hit is blocked, I think you could do more since it also works on lights too but it only happens it seems near walls since I'm guessing the brief adjustment to the gravity and launch refloats is tweaked a bit. It also works on the chamber of potential stage but idk how to make it work consistently xD

MollyKerr

Strange, the only character for which I absolutely can not play normally! :D Your opinion?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Some weird tech I found, Kasumi can combo from P+K after you blocked 9PK and then she teleport shifts to P+K. It's not as useful as when she did it in LR but it's useful in small areas or Somewhat away from walls, but it can be teched but you're only -5 if you're teched so it's a safe combo to attempt

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Looking into some of Kasumi's for combo utility. Her lows aren't really useful for combos like that but her 4P2K low and similar lows that give her +11 on hit can allow her to combo into P near wall corners, and her BTed 2K and those same lows in CH or sidestep will be +13 and she can get 6P or 6PK ^.^ It can lead into some nasty stage set ups if you know how to use the situation

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Kasumi can run to change sides and perform a "cross up" combo on Lost Paradise from the pterodactyl egg danger zone'

Kasumi can do other combo routes like BTed KK7K, but I wasn't able to consistently do it yet since the timing is strict and the egg you do the combo from can sometimes hinder you depending on the slope.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Some moves and attacks Kasumi can use to consistently avoid Nyo's long range version of her 4P+KP Wind attack at long range, I think her 7P is her most dangerous option when near walls since it leads to the best guaranteed damage. I also included her teleport parry hold too

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD