If I get 250MB download speed will I be green bars with everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebHead

I lag with everyone. I live on the west side right up to the edge of the ocean, so literally on the left edge side on a map.

I only have 25MB, If I actually order 10x my internet speed and go to broadband 250 will I be lag free? Why wouldnt team ninja go for a lag free doa? Virtua Fighter and TTT2 have very good netcodes, Its actually playable and not game changing like DOA. Team ninja said they got rid of the avatar lobbies because they were creating lag, yeah what a load of BULLSHIT! Its the same or even worse than DOA4.

Whats with this "buffer" garbage?

I dont ever recall ONCE in doa4 me trying to execute a move and it coming out as something totally different. Like if you try to do tinas downforward downforward kick it comes out as downforward kick, that has happened to me over 20 times. team ninja is sucks. yep. they are is sucks.

WebHead

It says it has 15MB upload speed. What If I have 15MB and someone has 1MB? will it still be laggy?

btw sorwah ill sell you some sick bass combos for $40 on paypal and you can use them without me saying " HEY YOU COPIED ME! "

Omegan Eckhart

It says it has 15MB upload speed. What If I have 15MB and someone has 1MB? will it still be laggy?

btw sorwah ill sell you some sick bass combos for $40 on paypal and you can use them without me saying " HEY YOU COPIED ME! "
Ping is what determines the quality of the connection and ping is determined by distance. So it doesn't matter how good your download and upload are if you are a long way away from the person you are connecting to the ping will be high and the connection will be dodgy.

You only really need a couple of megs of speed to play online, it's the ping that holds the connection back.

Chaos

I lag with everyone. I live on the west side right up to the edge of the ocean, so literally on the left edge side on a map.

I only have 25MB, If I actually order 10x my internet speed and go to broadband 250 will I be lag free? Why wouldnt team ninja go for a lag free doa? Virtua Fighter and TTT2 have very good netcodes, Its actually playable and not game changing like DOA. Team ninja said they got rid of the avatar lobbies because they were creating lag, yeah what a load of BULLSHIT! Its the same or even worse than DOA4.

Whats with this "buffer" garbage?

I dont ever recall ONCE in doa4 me trying to execute a move and it coming out as something totally different. Like if you try to do tinas downforward downforward kick it comes out as downforward kick, that has happened to me over 20 times. team ninja is sucks. yep. they are is sucks.
The command input is the reason why I prefer DOA3/DOA4 over DOA5 to a cartain extent.

Edit: Itagaki may had screwed up DOA4 but atleast he had the sense to sure that the buffer system isn't all fucked up.
Sorry guys :( Im just irritated about DOA5 buff system.

Ping is what determines the quality of the connection and ping is determined by distance. So it doesn't matter how good your download and upload are if you are a long way away from the person you are connecting to the ping will be high and the connection will be dodgy.

You only really need a couple of megs of speed to play online, it's the ping that holds the connection back.
this right here.

Ghosty-J

As much as I love DoA5 and prefer it over the other iterations of the series, the buffer system is honestly a giant crock of dookie butter. I'm constantly trying to pull off Akira's :4::6::F+P:, but I only get the normal :6::F+P: just about 95% of the time. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown did command buffering RIGHT, so how couldn't Team Ninja do the same when everything else aside from the netcode is so good? : |

Chaos

As much as I love DoA5 and prefer it over the other iterations of the series, the buffer system is honestly a giant crock of dookie butter. I'm constantly trying to pull off Akira's :4::6::F+P:, but I only get the normal :6::F+P: just about 95% of the time. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown did command buffering RIGHT, so how couldn't Team Ninja do the same when everything else aside from the netcode is so good? : |
Thats what I've been saying, Hitomi's :3::3::P: is a bitch to pull off & the worse part is when Im trying to do :2::3::6::P: it will respond as :3::3::P: wtf!! As I've mention earlier, the buffer system is fucking garbage & Im still pissed about it. :mad:

Well technically ping is caused by the number of distance of the route to the destination. This is largely determined by the number of hops it makes before getting to it's final destination. This does correlate to distance, but say you live in NYC, you might ping your next door neighbor and if your ISP is terrible, or just you are unlucky it can literally travel to chicago in between going next door.

Increasing the tier of your internet connection may help you, depending on your ISP but as @OmeganEckhart mentioned, it is largely out of your control if your ISP is routing everything through a bigger ISP that is farther away (often the case for smaller ISP's).

I would look into other ISP's if that is possible for you, and if you have a phone line (DSL) connection change immediately as those degrade based on distance to the switching stations.
-

You can check the general quality of your connection by running a traceroute command on either windows, osx or linux terminal. For example this is my traceroute to google.com, it has a few hops in there nothing too bad:

traceroute to 74.125.228.64 (74.125.228.64), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 gigagate1 (128.112.128.114) 1.799 ms 0.991 ms 2.817 ms
2 vgate1 (128.112.12.22) 2.729 ms 2.795 ms 2.026 ms
3 te-1-4-3998-pe01.philadelphia.pa.ibone.comcast.net (24.104.128.89) 12.380 ms 11.585 ms 8.387 ms
4 te-0-1-0-12-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.84.177) 25.374 ms 23.704 ms 23.907 ms
5 pos-0-1-0-0-pe01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.86.30) 15.169 ms 16.947 ms 15.039 ms
6 75.149.231.62 (75.149.231.62) 93.825 ms 98.968 ms 104.980 ms
7 209.85.252.46 (209.85.252.46) 31.148 ms 27.274 ms 27.299 ms
8 72.14.238.247 (72.14.238.247) 30.369 ms 31.312 ms 27.262 ms
9 iad23s07-in-f0.1e100.net (74.125.228.64) 24.804 ms 21.358 ms 26.836 ms

FakeSypha

As someone stated above... DOA5 is peer-to-peer, so what matters the most is the distance between the players. It dictates the latency, which you can't modify even by having a huge upload bandwidth.

tl;dr edition: distance between players >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> upload bandwidth > download bandwidth

Protip: you can't have "green bars" with everyone with your 250Mb connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD