DOA4 Imma keep it a buck. This game sucks.

TheHunterKiller692

Consider this the first official rant/dissection of everything wrong with this game.

For one thing, the difficulty of the fights is very inconsistent. Some fights are easy to win, thanks in the AI not being programmed to maneuver effectively, hence its attemprs to bumrush you with punches and kicks. For instance, I ended up finishing Eliot's story mode with 1 HP because the AI pathfinding couldn't be fucked to counter any of my attacks. Similarly, you can basically mop the floor with Brad Wong without worrying about good reads when you can use his heel slam (except Alpha-152, obviously).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Tbh I wouldn't let the AI dictate your experience with the game since DOA4 naturally has a very unforgiving AI at times, mainly since the lowest difficulty is normal and the AI can pretty much just read your inputs and counter you whenever it wants and make even lower level fights hard, like Kokoro vs Brad was a very annoying fight for me and Kasumi vs Helena was downright aggravating but mainly since the harder fights of each story or arcade play through usually are against the rival type fighters who seem to have a more beefed up input reading system

Alpha-152 is always gonna be a tough battle since her AI is notoriously ruthless, I envy every character that doesn't have her as their end boss by default since she's no fun to fight when Kasumi has stubby reach and she can teleport whenever she wants and can OH you or BURST you from anywhere pretty much xD

TheHunterKiller692

Alpha-152 is always gonna be a tough battle since her AI is notoriously ruthless, I envy every character that doesn't have her as their end boss by default.
Funnily enough, Brad Wong was the most challenging to use against her.

However, my concerns are that spamming is basically encouraged after being forced to memorize EVERYTHING, and gets frustrating fast.

TheHunterKiller692

I also find it cliche that Vicky Donovan isn't really shown at all, yet the game implies we know his existence (and chock-full of bad exposition dialogue pertaining to him) when the plot does kick in.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It sucks for the simple fact you can low hold into advantage from a stun, which is a game breaking issue.

Every other problem this game has is just salt on the wounds.

P2p1mbs

4 was always my least liked of the main games. The AI is a major part of what I dont like about it but there's just something about the overall feel of the game that I dont like. I'm not really sure if there is one specific part of the general fighting mechanics that just feels different for me. Even just the removal of light down attacks was a turn off.

The only positive thing about it that keeps me playing it again on occasion is the Spartan character but even then, Rachel was added partly to replace her and I prefer her more.

I always felt like Dimensions was what 4 was meant to be. Too bad that never got a console release...

TheHunterKiller692

4 was always my least favorite. The AI is a major part of what I don't like about it, but there's just something about the overall feel of the game that I don't like.
I also don't think a lot of the maps/stages you play on are memorable, either.

My favorite level is easily the Temple, but mostly because it's the one with the most strat potential.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD