Is defense the best offense and a few other questions.

Yare Yare

Im starting to get the hang of this game, but I have a few questions:

It seems waiting for the AI to attack while blocking is the way to go. Block attacks, attack yourself, repeat. I don't know if this works for higher difficulties as well, but so far I did good with that (including against a friend). But this also leads me to another question: How to approach people who play similar? So far all I do is walking backwards and wait until the opponent attacks. As it's quite the disadvantage to be the one who attacks first: How to deal with that situation? I also realized that it's pretty hard to land throws. Obviously as soon as you get into grab range you get either attacked or thrown yourself.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
He blocked your PPP? Do PP delay P next. He blocked that too? Do PP free cancel P next. He blocked that too? Do PP throw. See how much you can get away with. Obviously don't do that exact thing, but that's the idea. When it's your turn (when you can easily stuff whatever he does), don't always do the option that will beat his options and instead do something that will keep it your turn. When he's confused about whether he should try to do something to stop your offense, that's when you go back to the simple stuff and catch them mashing.

d3v

What character do you use. How you play greatly varies depending on who you're using.

Lulu

Uhm.... I would say... be Flexible.
If the situation calls for defense then hang back and play patiently... if the situation calls for offense then be relentless and pile on the pressure.
also don't forget to side step..... people don't sidestep enough.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD