Is there specific dates for the timeline of the series?

Sotherius

I don't want a fighting game spin off of DOA and NG, i want a DOA and NG action game spin off. hahah.

And i'm not really convinced that he is able to defeat all those enemies alone, yes, he is the super ninja, he defeated god like creatures before, but we can't know how much inside that scope creatures like alpha are due to those characters being presented in fighting games. We can only compare feats.

And that is basically how my logic works.

Ryu kill the archfiend and the holy vigoor emperor before the first DOA.

yet, he couldn't do the finishing blow on Omega by himself (maybe he would with the True Dragon Sword).

The Alpha at the end of DOA 5 was also killed via team effort. Now besides the obvious nerf of not using the true dragon sword, which is a thing he does in NG games as well, only using it when really necessary, i don't see those fights being fistfights, but just how they are presented in gameplay.

Now, Ayane could Kill a greater fiend in NGsigma 2, that was being powered up by the dragon eye, yet, she couldn't complete her mission of killing kasumi, or she couldn't kill Omega by herself either.

That makes me think, that even if they're 100% humans, at least the ninja characters in DOA are beyond human levels.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
At this point I'm just curious if Nioh is shoehorned into the same universe.

Wouldn't matter much from a timeline standpoint, though.

Sotherius

I always wondered why this two years time gap. Makes no sense to me.
My guess is just that TN didn't want to have underage characters anymore...

As for in-universe reasons, we can have Helena rebuilding doatec into something new, that would take a while.

And i guess for that non-implied headcanon of mine that Kasumi just stayed in the hayabusa village training really hard.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I always wondered why this two years time gap. Makes no sense to me.
It does make sense when two of the main protagonists - Kasumi and Ayane - are under the age of 18 in an M-rated game prior to the events of DOA5... a fact that was undisclosed in the character bios outside of Japan until Dead or Alive Dimensions, which was a T-rated game.

Aven Kujo-Gin

My guess is just that TN didn't want to have underage characters anymore...
It does make sense when two of the main protagonists - Kasumi and Ayane - are under the age of 18 in an M-rated game prior to the events of DOA5... a fact that was undisclosed in the character bios outside of Japan until Dead or Alive Dimensions, which was a T-rated game.
Yeah, that's what I thought too.
Also, they would have been in trouble if they dressed underage girls the way they do now.

I Think There s Two Timelines.
Classic
Ninja Gaiden X (Could Be canon Because it s Story Don t Break Original Storyline. And Because It s Tecmo Game. Ryu ends His Training, and Jo want to fight With Jaquio.
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 3 Ancient Ship Of Doom
Ninja Gaiden 2 Dark Sword Of Chaos
Ninja Ryukenden Anime

Modern Timeline
Ninja Gaiden\Black\Sigma - Ayane 14 Year s Old
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (Six Months After The Dark Dragon Blade Incident)
Ninja Gaiden 2\sigma 2 (Six Months After NG Ninja Sword)
Dead Or Alive ( 1 Year After NG 2)
Dead Or Alive 2\hardcore\ultimate (Six Months After DOA 2. Some Characters same Age)
Dead Or Alive 3 (Six Months After DOA 2. Some Characters Bit Older, Some - Same age as DOA 2)
Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyaball (some Weeks\months After DOA 3)
Dead Or Alive 4 (Six Months After DOA 3)
Dead Or Alive Extreme 2 (some Weeks\Months After Doa 4)
Dead Or Alive 5\Ultimate\ Last Round (Six Months After Doa 4)
Dead Or Alive Extreme 3 (Some Weeks\ Months after DOA 5)
Dead or Alive 6 (Six Months After DOA 5)
Ninja Gaiden 3\Razor s Edge ( ??? In Fandom It s Said That 2 Years After DOA 4. where does this information come from ?)

If Ayane Is 14 Year s Old In Ninja Gaiden. And DOA it s 2 Years After. Ayane is 16 Year s Old. Let's say That If DOA 2 Six Months After, Ayane Must Be 16, 5 Or 17 Year s Old. Than DOA 3 - Six Months After... and Later we Have 18 Years Old In DOA 6. If Hitomi Is 18 Year s Old In DOA 3... And In DOA 4 18, 5, Than In DOA 5 - 19 - 19, 5. In DOA 6 - 20. Etc... No ?

I Heard That Itagaki Said That Modern Ninja Gaiden - Prequel To DOA and Classic NG Series.... Maybe He was Just Drunk I don t Know. But If Modern NG Is a Prequel To Classic NG, Why Ryu Don t know About Irene Lew and Don t Recognized Her ?

I Think There s Two Timelines.
Classic
Ninja Gaiden X (Could Be canon Because it s Story Don t Break Original Storyline. And Because It s Tecmo Game. Ryu ends His Training, and Jo want to fight With Jaquio.
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 3 Ancient Ship Of Doom
Ninja Gaiden 2 Dark Sword Of Chaos
Ninja Ryukenden Anime

Modern Timeline
Ninja Gaiden\Black\Sigma - Ayane 14 Year s Old
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (Six Months After The Dark Dragon Blade Incident)
Ninja Gaiden 2\sigma 2 (Six Months After NG Ninja Sword)
Dead Or Alive ( 1 Year After NG 2)
Dead Or Alive 2\hardcore\ultimate (Six Months After DOA 2. Some Characters same Age)
Dead Or Alive 3 (Six Months After DOA 2. Some Characters Bit Older, Some - Same age as DOA 2)
Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyaball (some Weeks\months After DOA 3)
Dead Or Alive 4 (Six Months After DOA 3)
Dead Or Alive Extreme 2 (some Weeks\Months After Doa 4)
Dead Or Alive 5\Ultimate\ Last Round (Six Months After Doa 4)
Dead Or Alive Extreme 3 (Some Weeks\ Months after DOA 5)
Dead or Alive 6 (Six Months After DOA 5)
Ninja Gaiden 3\Razor s Edge ( ??? In Fandom It s Said That 2 Years After DOA 4. where does this information come from ?)

If Ayane Is 14 Year s Old In Ninja Gaiden. And DOA it s 2 Years After. Ayane is 16 Year s Old. Let's say That If DOA 2 Six Months After, Ayane Must Be 16, 5 Or 17 Year s Old. Than DOA 3 - Six Months After... and Later we Have 18 Years Old In DOA 6. If Hitomi Is 18 Year s Old In DOA 3... And In DOA 4 18, 5, Than In DOA 5 - 19 - 19, 5. In DOA 6 - 20. Etc... No ?
Oh, i m idiot. Sorry. Itagaki told about His Ninja Gaiden games ( NG 1, NG 2, NG Dragon Sword). NG 3 developed by Hayashi and Masato Kato. And NG 3 it s not a canon to itagaki games, because kato made a remake of Ninja Gaiden 3 Ancient Ship Of Doom. Which wrote by himself ( and some guy). It s not full remake of course, but all themes of NG 3 is saved... And scenario of NG 3 it s shit.
So DOA 5 it s about almost 2 years since DOA 4 ( Zack said it to Hayate in choppper scene).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD