[Jan 26, 2014] [Jan 24-26, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 (Murfreesboro, TN)

Vandy

Awesome man - look forward to seeing you there.

As the TO for this event I would like to use the other thread or at least gain access to the first post on this one. That way I will be able to make changes when we are ready for further announcements.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I talked to E-Mann & I think he's planning on coming down too. I know that like 4 people that I spoke to & many that posted stated they prefer 360 while 2 said PS3. I'm still asking around though.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Awesome man - look forward to seeing you there.

As the TO for this event I would like to use the other thread or at least gain access to the first post on this one. That way I will be able to make changes when we are ready for further announcements.

Done.

Vandy

Yes, I am WoTmanX - old screen name. I am glad you remember me.

I was a DOA player for a long time and I will take care of the community.

And thanks Sorwah.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
So you're from Nashville? I'll add you to the "Southern Players'" Thread man :). What determine how many days that a tournament will be ran? (Like just this 1)

Vandy

So you're from Nashville? I'll add you to the "Southern Players'" Thread man :). What determine how many days that a tournament will be ran? (Like just this 1)

I don't 100% understand your question so I'll just answer this: What made you decide to make this a 3 day tournament and not a 1 day tournament?

Answer: The number of games we are running and our decision to position ourselves as a major tournament.

And thanks, go ahead and add me.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Oh.. I actually meant like what determines how many days of "DOA" will be played like the "DOA" tournament starting on Saturday, ending on Sunday, for example.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In general, the major games start on the Saturday and have the finals (top 8 or top 4 depending on turnout and resources) play on Sunday.

That's in my experience though. That isn't indicative of Vandy's decision.

Vandy

DOA will start and end on Saturday most likely.

Is there a big wish from the community to have the final 4 run on Sunday?

I cannot promise anything as there is big competition for time on Sunday as we only run one game at a time on our main stream, but if there is a ton of demand for it that would factor in.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think the demand for it will be more determinable after the reaction from TFC in September to see how much hype the game has going into the new year.

Vandy

Announcement on prizes at KiT '14: Each of the 10 main games will have a minimum payout of $200 for first place.

This includes Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate so come on out to get that money!

Vandy

Being a Tag player at heart, I am pretty hyped about the support for Tag in DOA5U. I want to make tag an official Friday tournament at KiT 14. Would there be any interest from people who might attend?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
2v2 or 1v1 tag?

Either way i'd be interested. I know 2v2 tends to have more excitement in it though, problem with it of course is the lower numbers because you're practically cutting the entrants in half. Though most of the players who would be in a 2v2 wouldn't necessarily join a 1v1.

Vandy

I was thinking 1v1 Tag as that is what I personally play, but I'd be open to either. I'm not too worried about number of entrants (although we'd need at least 8 teams or individuals I'd think). I am looking for a good way to kick things off on Friday to get people ready for Saturday. Any officially announced event for Friday will be streamed btw.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD