DOA5LR Jann Lee 4P combos

jojo

Are individual move threads okay here? It won't be near optimal but it should help break things down, at least for me. I picked 4PP since it's one of my most used attacks so it's familiar. I'll leave out some stuff that I wrote down since they do lower damage than others with similar inputs. If I use wrong terminology/format feel free to correct me, I imagine a lot of this post will be redundant compared to other threads but I get kind of overloaded easily.

:4::P::P: Combos

:4::P::P::P: - 46 (Damage)

:4::P::P::K::P::4::P::P:::p - 77

:4::P::P::P::K::4::P::P:::p - 75

^ I think P-K does 2 less damage than K-P but doesn't seem to alter any combos. I've listed them all as KP but is the variation just to prevent people predicting with a hold or something?

:4::P::P::K::P::6::P+K::4::P::P::P: - 93
:4::P::P::K::P::6::P+K::9::K::4::P::P::P: - 100

:4::P::P::P::K::6::P+K::4::P+K: - 75 healthy OR 138 if in red zone

Critical Burst ^

:4::P::P:::P::K::6::P+K::2::3::6::K: - 87

^ Are there any mechanics in place which cause Dragon Kick to do lower damage (I think it done around 55 and 85 close up on its own)

There's not many and I don't know how holding works against these, but I just thought it'd help me if I wrote down stuff I found out myself, so I'll be able to visualise them. I noticed a lot of the time too I was being too far away and unable to finish some of them (using Rig as the dummy). I think I'll try them on different weights too. I've only wrote down :4::P::P: but posting some :4::P: starters would help too.

Last edited:

Darkslay

It's perfectly fine to post separate threads, but for the sake of keeping his forum organized, I'd advice to post your doubts in the General Discussion Thread.

These are pretty decent for starting out, 4PP is a great move to base your neutral on, for now at least, you can use it for essentially anything you want, be careful though, 4PPP is extremely unsafe at -18, so don't finish the string unless you're sure you hit with the first two hits. Taking advantage of the fact you're able to transition into Dragon Stance is also important, as it grants more mix-up capabilities.

Another thing to note is that you can use 4PP as a launcher itself, try doing this combo: 4PP4 DS (Dragon Stance) K 6P+K 4PP 6PK, you're using Rig as a dummy, he falls under the midweight category, so if you have trouble landing the combo, try switching to a lighter weight class. You can go here to learn DOA5LR's weight classes. After you get it to work properly, you can use P2PK instead of 6PK on light weights and even PPP6P on Alpha, the sole feather weight character.

Also, to answer your question on the Dragon Kick, only the first move in neutral will receive it's max damage, unless it's a counter hit or a high counter hit, the second hit in any stun will have it's damage reduced by 50%, this is known as ''scaling'', close hit properties also don't apply when you're in stun, so that's why the Dragon Kick's damage is lesser in stun.

jojo

It's perfectly fine to post separate threads, but for the sake of keeping his forum organized, I'd advice to post your doubts in the General Discussion Thread.

These are pretty decent for starting out, 4PP is a great move to base your neutral on, for now at least, you can use it for essentially anything you want, be careful though, 4PPP is extremely unsafe at -18, so don't finish the string unless you're sure you hit with the first two hits. Taking advantage of the fact you're able to transition into Dragon Stance is also important, as it grants more mix-up capabilities.

Another thing to note is that you can use 4PP as a launcher itself, try doing this combo: 4PP4 DS (Dragon Stance) K 6P+K 4PP 6PK, you're using Rig as a dummy, he falls under the midweight category, so if you have trouble landing the combo, try switching to a lighter weight class. You can go here to learn DOA5LR's weight classes. After you get it to work properly, you can use P2PK instead of 6PK on light weights and even PPP6P on Alpha, the sole feather weight character.

Also, to answer your question on the Dragon Kick, only the first move in neutral will receive it's max damage, unless it's a counter hit or a high counter hit, the second hit in any stun will have it's damage reduced by 50%, this is known as ''scaling'', close hit properties also don't apply when you're in stun, so that's why the Dragon Kick's damage is lesser in stun.

So would it be better to move all the questions to the general thread, and leave this thread as it is (maybe remove some of the stuff I added for the sake of questions) or just move this thread pretty much entirely (or just use any future posts in the general section instead). I noticed 4PPP is pretty easy to get fully blocked and I think usually I get thrown after a complete block of it, though a lot of the time I end up using the 4PPP from panic more than anything (by itself at least).

I'll try those combos tomorrow, thanks. For the weights would something that works on Bass work on everyone else? Or are the fall times different enough that there are some moves that work on super heavyweights and not lighter weights? Thanks for the info on scaling too, I appreciate how nice and helpful this site has been.

Darkslay

So would it be better to move all the questions to the general thread, and leave this thread as it is (maybe remove some of the stuff I added for the sake of questions) or just move this thread pretty much entirely (or just use any future posts in the general section instead). I noticed 4PPP is pretty easy to get fully blocked and I think usually I get thrown after a complete block of it, though a lot of the time I end up using the 4PPP from panic more than anything (by itself at least).

I'll try those combos tomorrow, thanks. For the weights would something that works on Bass work on everyone else? Or are the fall times different enough that there are some moves that work on super heavyweights and not lighter weights? Thanks for the info on scaling too, I appreciate how nice and helpful this site has been.
Yeah, just to keep info more organized.

No, weight class affects the speed in which characters fall from juggles, you will have to accommodate your combos to make up for the weight class, there are however some combos and setups that work on all weights.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It feels rather refreshing when a player truly wants to learn and there are those here that can help. Great stuff you guys, thumbs up. Reminds me of vanilla days.

jojo

It feels rather refreshing when a player truly wants to learn and there are those here that can help. Great stuff you guys, thumbs up. Reminds me of vanilla days.

I can see what I'm doing to an extent a lot better than before already, this site is a great help and I've been able to pull off 4PP combos with relative consistency.

I even got a power blow KO against an A+ ranked guy when it looked like I'd lost and managed to win 3-2, the next 2 times he beat me 3-0, 3-0 but I'd have never have gotten close to a win without the little bit of extra knowledge. So yep definately seeing some effects on my gameplay already.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD