Jann Lee match up's

Tenren

So fig we prolly start on match ups with the game being a week old now. I know Ayane is a pain right now but who else are you having issues with. I seem to have a hard time with Lei Fang trying to find a way around her mix ups,
If needed Ill try and keep useful info compiled in this post

Boodendorf

Good players are my worst matchup!
Joking aside, I just began, so I can't tell much outside that Christie and Ayane seem to wreck me more easily than other characters so far. Bass too.

Tenren

both Christie and Ayane can have good range and mix ups. Christie's cancel/command ss can be a pain. I havent seen a lot of good players with her use it yet. Ayane is mostly mix ups off her 44kk. You just need to watch her more. I tend to just back up or SS+P when she attacks at range.

Jefffcore

Hitomi seems to be a big problem now that his ability to crush is gone. Not being able to crush her high mix-ups means you have to SS and hope you don't get thrown or hit with a low sweep. You have to stick to 6k and K for offense, too, or risk being parried, and they you're just getting stuffed.

Boodendorf

Anyone got tips against Hayate? I absolutely hate that guy and his special dash thing.
Add Mila to the list of characters I hate to fight.

Chaos

All shit.....here we go..these are the list of characters that pisses me off.

Eliot: this bastard LOVES to SS every fucking move I throw out no matter what.

Mila: This girl must be horney because she loves being on top lol she always tackling me so damn much and always backing away like a little coward.

Helena: Please......please stop ducking so much and quit grabbing me all the damn time.............please........stop........attacking....just.....let....me...breath...........you unsafe bitch! :mad:

Leifang: Im getting tired of her grabbing me and blocking everything, oh yeah, shes will go counter happy on my ass too

All four ninjas: they're all annoying to fight against.......PERIOD.

Brad Wong: this drunk bastard will laugh at you and play around with you XD I don't even bother trying to counter hold. :rolleyes:

Akira: I CAN READ YOUR MIINNNDD....LOL

These the type of characters that would probably make you want to break things. LOL

Tenren

Anyone got tips against Hayate? I absolutely hate that guy and his special dash thing.
Add Mila to the list of characters I hate to fight.
hayates is my sec. I want to stay at range. But this is also a good thing for lee. At range Hayate doesnt have a lot of options. Most are going to be some form of mid punch. Really to me this turns out to be a poke game. Lees 2p seem to beat a lot of hayates mixs up out when up close. 6P also looks good.
Mila I spam the crap out of SS+P when she runs in. Then mix up and finish with 66k so it push's her away so she has to run back in.

Hitomi seems to be a big problem now that his ability to crush is gone. Not being able to crush her high mix-ups means you have to SS and hope you don't get thrown or hit with a low sweep. You have to stick to 6k and K for offense, too, or risk being parried, and they you're just getting stuffed.
yah ive been having problems with Hitomi now as well. That dam low mix up is a killer. You can 2p the mix up but dosnt seem to do me much good.

Imo idk I'd say he has probably bad matchups against grapplers. But slight like 5-5, and maybe one 6-4. I'm new to Doa this is my first one as i hate xbox. In 4 days of training I was able to play on par with an S. I still consider myself new but if i can rival an S then pros can make Lee look godlike. I mean perfectlegend chose him over Hayate to beat ryujin. Jann lee is one of the best if not the best probably top 2, if not definitely top 5 easy.

Renarism

Imo idk I'd say he has probably bad matchups against grapplers. But slight like 5-5, and maybe one 6-4. I'm new to Doa this is my first one as i hate xbox. In 4 days of training I was able to play on par with an S. I still consider myself new but if i can rival an S then pros can make Lee look godlike. I mean perfectlegend chose him over Hayate to beat ryujin. Jann lee is one of the best if not the best probably top 2, if not definitely top 5 easy.

Jann lee is def one of the better characters, but rank doesn't mean anything hon.
Ryujin I believe is an E+ on DOA5 but his skill level is definitely not equivalent to that rank.
and people like CAT GIRL, and missJENNIFER whom are "S+" -- they boost and mod their ranks -- there skill level is equivalent to a F+.

I noticed though that my Kokoro has a better chance against Jann lee players considering the fact that she's quicker than Tina. Guess it depends on the player.

Jann lee is def one of the better characters, but rank doesn't mean anything hon.
Ryujin I believe is an E+ on DOA5 but his skill level is definitely not equivalent to that rank.
and people like CAT GIRL, and missJENNIFER whom are "S+" -- they boost and mod their ranks -- there skill level is equivalent to a F+.

I noticed though that my Kokoro has a better chance against Jann lee players considering the fact that she's quicker than Tina. Guess it depends on the player.

Well I understand what you're saying, but at times rank has meaning when legitimate. I say this because my brother has been playing Doa since 2 he is a legitimate S on Doa 4. He doesn't cheat we played, and in four days of training I beat him 3-2 in a quick set. Although I heavily agree it depends upon the player me personally I haven't had a problem with any character. To the point where I say Jann lee just can't handle what they are doing. Yea its all in the player though.

RyuJin

If you are trying to crush Hitomi's high mixs-ups you can still do so with Jann. The problem is you don't get an easy stun anymore. If your trying to crush her highs you can "TRY" 2H+K. If you get a counter hit you get a hard knockdown. If its a normal hit you get nothing free but you do have frame advantage to work with. Lower level players will almost always try to counter out of this light stun but they do not need to. The problem that 2H+K is its 24frames and with that being said you could easily get hit by a mid or low follow up.

You have three other options though. The unsafe option is to counter either high or low (not recommended.)

Next you can fuzzy and try to interrupt a follow up. This is a risky option but can work (still not recommended.)

Lastly you can use a simple 2p. It crushes high, its quick, and on counter hit at least gives you +5. Problem with this option is on counter hit you have small press back. Its really not that bad though.

RyuJin

All shit.....here we go..these are the list of characters that pisses me off.

Eliot: this bastard LOVES to SS every fucking move I throw out no matter what.

Mila: This girl must be horney because she loves being on top lol she always tackling me so damn much and always backing away like a little coward.

Helena: Please......please stop ducking so much and quit grabbing me all the damn time.............please........stop........attacking....just.....let....me...breath...........you unsafe bitch! :mad:

Leifang: Im getting tired of her grabbing me and blocking everything, oh yeah, shes will go counter happy on my ass too

All four ninjas: they're all annoying to fight against.......PERIOD.

Brad Wong: this drunk bastard will laugh at you and play around with you XD I don't even bother trying to counter hold. :rolleyes:

Akira: I CAN READ YOUR MIINNNDD....LOL

These the type of characters that would probably make you want to break things. LOL

First I'd like to say that some of idea's I post are my opinion and or need a bit of work. With that being said if anyone has a counter argument for anything I post feel free to discuss. I mean discuss respectfully. The point of the character forums is for all of us to improve. No one is god nor knows everything.

Mila: I don't have to much info on fighting her BUT if your worried about her getting into rape position here are a few tips that may help you avoid being raped.

Avoid using a lot of highs. She can sidestep then tackle you. It techs highs and is an OH. Your best way to deal with the sidestep tackle is to use something like 4H+K. 4H+K is 20 frames, tracks, will stun on normal hit, in open stance on counter hit will limbo stun for a free full combo (4k), and has a follow up that will force people to stay on the defensive after blocking 4H+K. I would recommend mostly using this when you are either sure she is going for a sidestep OH or when she is at least -. With 4H+K being 20 frames its kind of bad to just throw it out.

You can also use 1k (20 frames) tracks. You can use 4,6k as well but sadly it is slow as well. I'll have to run some test but offline you maybe able to fuzzy after seeing a step and have time to come up and block a mid. Depends on if Mila can delay the OH from side step or not.

Her 3k can go into her throw as well. Not sure but you maybe able to interrupt her from doing the throw or any follow up after blocking 3k. I'm at work so I can't test this. I will do so when I get home.

Lastly if you can try not to give her to many mid kicks. Her mid hold leads MNT.

RyuJin

Helena: "Helena: Please......please stop ducking so much and quit grabbing me all the damn time.............please........stop........attacking....just.....let....me...breath...........you unsafe bitch!"

Helena can not BKO duck Jann Lee's 4p. If she whiffs and goes into BKO 4p the shi* out of her.

When she is - if you can't throw punish her use 4p or dragon gunner. If she ducks you hit her with 4p. If she keeps attacking (from -6 or more) you can Dragon Gunner her.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD