Japan DOA

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Hi!
I'm an American living in Chiba (about 40 min from Tokyo on JR Keiyo Line) .
I just changed from playin Soul Calibur for about 9 years (they took out Talim in SCV).
Still wanted to play a 3D fighter (Virtua and Tekken ain't for me) and played DOA back in the dayz so have come back (I use Lei Fang only).
On the weekends (maybe weekdayz too but I work and can't play) I noticed there is a group of Japanese that get online and play DOA4.
I'm gonna start doin the same but it'll take awhile (or forever, haha) to get my skillz up.

I'm also interested in gettin together for some offline play (mostly Sundays or holidays), if there is anyone interested in the same let me know.

Also post up if you live in Japan, I know there's gotta be other playas here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
KoF06 lives close to Shinjuku. He's a French player who knows good English and Japanese.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
ScattereDreams- Even the net-code for DOA4 ain't so bad. But hopefully they can better it and give us the best they got though.

Mr. Wah- I'd be nice to meet/play him although I'm not up to speed yet.
I'd love to do/go to offline gamez about once a month (on Sundays) although I may not be able to host at my place much.

Thanks, I messaged him! Maybe we can get some gamez goin (that's what I was/have been doin for SC esp w/no arcade versions (since SCIIIAE)).

In the process of seein if I can get a group of playas together for some offline DOA4 about once a month on a Sunday.
Am in talks with a few people who live here.

Someone near Shinjuku can host (or does someone have a place?).

Anyone else interested?- post up!

Online gamez are OK but offline is even better!

Prob gamez 4/22 at KoF06's place near Shinjuku 4/22.
Another guy he knows will be there and my friend may show too.

Think I'm providin the sticks (so no worries there, haha).

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
If we finish around 7 & then eat dinner & leave is it OK?
My friend is a FG/SC/a little DOA playa but I think he will give you more comp than I can (he has to work the other day).

If we meet on the earlier date prob only I can come.
I'm still workin on gettin moves now & don't really have many/any combos down- saw that Leifang is a little hard to learn (& it takes me 2x as long, haha).

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
I can do one of the dayz but difficult to do 2.
I work 6 dayz a week, got lots to do on Sun (my one day off) and have a family.

The 28th night to 29th early morn is a SCV overnight thingy.
Don't know if I will go (maybe not cause I work 28th) but Mochi-A helps run it so doubt he'll be able to come to the DOA gamez.
My other friend should be able to come so guess we should shoot for the later date.

Fun timez today w/KOF06 and Mr. Wah.

I was learned (re butt was kicked) but had GGs on DOA 3, 4 and 5 demo.

Hopin it's the next step of of fun and gamez for me.

KOF06- We gotta start monthlies. Hope for the next one mid to end May.

Mr. Wah- Thanks for all the tips! Also good timez talkin about gamez, DOA history, and all the other stuff.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yup, fun times, good convos, and great memories to take back to the states with.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Let us know when you return.
I'll be better the next time you see me.

XBL FR sent.

UnD34D

Hey Talim, I'm in Misawa, Aomori, Japan, maybe I'll go to the TGS... unfortunately I can't make it down to Tokyo or Osaka for one of these tests, not enough money... unless someone wants to sponser me a little money to go test it out ;)

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Thought you hate our game, haha.

I would help sponsor but havin some hard timez now and it's hard for me to get time to go to the tests as well.

I'll prob be at TGS and if you ever come Tokyo way let me know.

KoF06 is in the area now but will be returnin to France in Aug.
He will return to Japan next year though.

Would like to get a group together for once a month meets or at the least to hit online together.

UnD34D

Thought you hate our game, haha.

I would help sponsor but havin some hard timez now and it's hard for me to get time to go to the tests as well.

I'll prob be at TGS and if you ever come Tokyo way let me know.

KoF06 is in the area now but will be returnin to France in Aug.
He will return to Japan next year though.

Would like to get a group together for once a month meets or at the least to hit online together.

Believe me, DOA is my least favorite fighting game. Playing it makes me want to slam my face against walls, but I have stupid fucking nostalgia since it was my first fighter. I'll be at TGS for sure, but I'm in the US Military, I have to take leave to go down to Tokyo or further, not to mention its kind of expensive (like $300 round trip bullet train I think.) So I'll be down for TGS but I don't know about how often I'd come down other than that. If I like Tokyo a lot I'll try to come down every other month. Not to mention I want a cute Japanese girlfriend and word on the street Tokyo has them in stock, where as Misawa kind of doesn't.

Raansu

Believe me, DOA is my least favorite fighting game. Playing it makes me want to slam my face against walls, but I have stupid fucking nostalgia since it was my first fighter. I'll be at TGS for sure, but I'm in the US Military, I have to take leave to go down to Tokyo or further, not to mention its kind of expensive (like $300 round trip bullet train I think.) So I'll be down for TGS but I don't know about how often I'd come down other than that. If I like Tokyo a lot I'll try to come down every other month. Not to mention I want a cute Japanese girlfriend and word on the street Tokyo has them in stock, where as Misawa kind of doesn't.

Seriously you have to take leave to go down to Tokyo from Misawa? Navy be strict lol.

UnD34D

Already posted but, I'm here in Misawa, Aomori, Japan. I'm an American in the Navy. Man, if Sorwah learned you I better go easy haha.

Raansu

The navy likes to bend me over and rape me with the device they debut in the movie Se7en on a regular basis.

Should of joined the air fo...wait, scratch that they fuck you over to...they are just more subtle about it lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD