Battle Royal JC Akira Wins NEC 16

Japanese player, JC Akira defeated everyone in his path at NEC 16 -- Team NINJA's finish to their 2015 Battle Royal. The matches were impressive and insane throughout the entire tournament... we saw: Lopedo in a plethora of clutch sets, E-Mann take second, and quite the show from @hollow and Kwiggle. This tournament was filled with memorable moments.

If you missed the tournament check out the past broadcast from Team Sp00ky (2h30m in). You owe it to yourself to watch these matches if you are remotely interested in 3D fighting games as these are some of the best matches the community has ever seen if not the best matches in all of 3D fighting.

Thanks to Team NINJA for supporting the offline community, and also for this great spectacle that everyone was able to enjoy regardless if they could make it to an offline or not. Congrats to JC Akira for your win at NEC. Your performance was refreshing and simply unparalleled. You have earned your spot to the grand final next year as the prized fighter!

Bracket

What's silly about promoting how awesome we think our game is? I have nothing but respect for other 3D fighters, they are just dated in my opinion and aren't nearly as watchable as Dead or Alive... which has the best animations in all of 3D fighting BY FAR. This makes it highly entertaining for me as a viewer... DOA has come a long way and in my opinion they were.

Get over it, honestly.

Got agree with Death of a ninja on that one. Think about folks..... There is a reason why every time Fighting games goes E sports Like CGS and IPL DOA is picked. Its just like he said DOA is the most enjoyable to watch. The animation, stage transitions, grabs that look cinematic, how counters flow in combat, list goes on and on how DOA just looks way better animations wise for people to watch. That is why its always a front runner in FGC when fighting goes E sports or is on National TV

I said it three years and it's time for the reminder. Not as lethal as Mochi A but it'll definitely do. I told you so. You know who you are.

TeruRock took this picture.
CWHp-ekVEAEmOgx.jpg

8136_771798309590923_2618016907904994226_n.jpg

(Picture taken by Yasushi Tani.) We were all drinking so apologies for my lazy eye.
12431248_982290245162814_297723930_n.jpg

1451315_1090901680943988_7362395364843653947_n.jpg

DBomb%20Sly%20Bass%20Matt%20Ponton%20Tom%20Lee.gif

Merry Christmas everyone.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD