Kasumi

Shinigamimatt

Simple topic. What's your take on her? Or maybe to be more precise, What are your expectations for her since we don't have much info on her yet?

We got to see some of her new tools at E3. Can we assume she's certainly a little safer now? Some of her worst moves now have better options. Her back flip kick can now go into a teleport, where as before using it was probably gonna get you killed 8/10 times.

Do you guys think she's gonna stand up to the other top tier characters? I already know that the majority of the casuals will say she's broken regardless of whatever happens because she can teleport everywhere and poke all day long. Her mix-up game seems to be about what you'd expect. So I wonder if she'll be good or bad. I noticed that she has her 33k from DOAU back. Very happy with that.

Like I said, I know we can only really speculate for the most part. Just want some opinions. I know she was super fun to play in DOA4, and I'm gonna main her again along with Hitomi.

And of course I want opinions on her looks now. I find her way more attractive while still carrying that soft look.

synce

None of the ninjas really needed buffing but I'm sure she'll be just as good in this game. Isn't top tier always the ninjas + 1 more lol I think she looks great though, best since DOA3.

Allan Paris

When I first seen her in the Akira trailer, I was annoyed with all the teleporting business. I really didn't it like all that much. After seeing it a lot more at E3 I am ok with it now but, like Skilletor mentioned you need hit confirm to even do it.

My only expectation was to see if she was still fast as shit, and it seems that she still has that going for her. I do think she is still and probably will remain the unsafest character in the game. Her 7K is still a low end move, she only gets follow up damage (teleport moves) if it hits and if the opponent is too close to a wall the follow up will miss. I didn't see the double knee follow up at all so maybe that will work better than the throw follow up.

Kasumi will remain a good character, she has always been a good character. She can hold her own against the top tier characters, she is high tier herself. A lot of people don't know what they're doing so they get rolled on when she is up against them.

I am glad to see 33K return as well, that should be one of her few safe moves.

PhoenixVFIRE

She looks great as always and even more so, they got so much inspiration(almost copying) moves from Dead Fantasy, props to Monty Oum. They used her attack against Rikku for her attacking cliffhanger, teleport into the flying knees, and just straight up more teleporting attacks in general. Loving Kasumi even more now :D

Doug Nguyen

She looks so fun to use now. And i dont think she will be broken since the teleport is basically just a flashy extension to a combo. Alot of people got extension to combos this time around Kasumi's just comes with a teleport.

Doug Nguyen

Oh, I wasn't aware she could only teleport after a hit. Thought it was even from a guard. Interesting. Thanks guys.

Its new. She also has a teleport counter also. Her new teleports come from her backflip kick, her forward forward grab. Thats the only ones ive noticed.

PhoenixVFIRE

lol could you imagine how CRAZY Kasumi would be if she could still access her teleports after that backflip kick without kick confirm? OP

Shinigamimatt

Neat. Does anyone know if her Teleport holds are expert holds again, or are they the same from DOA4?

lol could you imagine how CRAZY Kasumi would be if she could still access her teleports after that backflip kick without kick confirm? OP

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured she'd be able to do. Of course I can see the drawback too. If I saw the 7K, I would middle hold because I would know it was coming for the follow up.

PhoenixVFIRE

I think her Teleport parries are still one direction inputs, because it seemed like the Kasumi players forgot she could do them and then a few started throwing them out again.

Also, she can do more than just follow up with a slice, knees, and throw slice. I believe she can teleport behind you as well...One of my friends Lei Juan(aka Souretsoup? idk how to spell it) said that there was a pretty difficult combo to pull off with Kasumi after her forward throw launch? something like (not sure if you had to do the punches or not) :P::P: :7::K: teleport behind and finish with :P::P::P::K:....w/e it was it had pretty damn strict input.

Doug Nguyen

How exactly are you suppose to use the teleport in a combo? Or do you just click the slice command and she automatically teleports.

Shinigamimatt

I think her Teleport parries are still one direction inputs, because it seemed like the Kasumi players forgot she could do them and then a few started throwing them out again.

Also, she can do more than just follow up with a slice, knees, and throw slice. I believe she can teleport behind you as well...One of my friends Lei Juan(aka Souretsoup? idk how to spell it) said that there was a pretty difficult combo to pull off with Kasumi after her forward throw launch? something like (not sure if you had to do the punches or not) :P::P: :7::K: teleport behind and finish with :P::P::P::K:....w/e it was it had pretty damn strict input.
That'd be awesome if true. Like I said, we don't know her in depth yet. So she might have some awesome combos from teleport that are hard to do.

Doug Nguyen

That'd be awesome if true. Like I said, we don't know her in depth yet. So she might have some awesome combos from teleport that are hard to do.

I hope so. There so many possibilities with her teleport. Like in dead fantasy 1. Her teleport combos were amazing.

Shinigamimatt

I hope so. There so many possibilities with her teleport. Like in dead fantasy 1. Her teleport combos were amazing.
Yup. As a Kasumi main, I sure hope she has some awesome stylistic combos. I always tried to make my Kasumi fun to watch. At least she certainly was fun to play.

Do you know how much just a basic :P::P::K::6_: messed with peoples heads while still looking nice and flashy? Let alone all the combo variants you could do after. I'm certainly gonna spend hours just learning her in and out. She's just too fun to pass up.

PhoenixVFIRE

yeah, he told me the input for that combo was VERY strict....like you're barely ever going to pull it off online.(Although, I disagree if there is a slop or something :D)

Even in DOA4 there was some combos that were very strict or almost impossible to do online or offline without a slope on Kasumi's forward throw launch. Almost everyone usually did, :P::P::P: - :P::6::P::K::K: because it was easy enough, usually did more damage than anything in open space, and I believe worked on any weight class)

Shinigamimatt

yeah, he told me the input for that combo was VERY strict....like you're barely ever going to pull it off online.(Although, I disagree if there is a slop or something :D)

Even in DOA4 there was some combos that were very strict or almost impossible to do online or offline without a slope on Kasumi's forward throw launch. Almost everyone usually did, :P::P::P: - :P::6::P::K::K: because it was easy enough, usually did more damage than anything in open space, and I believe worked on any weight class)
Yeah, that's pretty much the combo you wanna do every time. If I was feeling some lag, I usually just did :F+K: :Link: :6::P::K::K: which was safe even against a wall.

PhoenixVFIRE

Just light and mid weights does this work on.
ahh kk thanks for clarification.

I tried out two the other day that have strict input
(Keep in mind I only tried these against feather weight(Aya, Koko, Kas), and still had strict timing) I doubt these work against mid weight or higher. I didn't try light weight.

:P::P::P::Link: :P::P::K::K: is the best against a wall so far...
:P::Link: :P::P::K::6::K::K: can be done in open space and against the wall

One thing I love about DoA is that combo's can change because of weight class and not everything is possible against everyone. It makes you need the knowledge to know how to fight against others and to know what works and what doesn't.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD